Petition to remove Sword Block

CommonDiscipIe

When I have sword, if it's a 1v1 battle, I like to switch to my DMR immediately after the lunge in case I get sword blocked. That way, I can usually kill the guy, because he's 1 shot.

Keep in mind I only do this when I can see there's no one else around, and that it's not perfect.

When I have sword, if it's a 1v1 battle, I like to switch to my DMR immediately after the lunge in case I get sword blocked. That way, I can usually kill the guy, because he's 1 shot.

Keep in mind I only do this when I can see there's no one else around, and that it's not perfect.

I guess I should just do this more often.

But the only problem, is that in Invasion, odds are they have some sort of weapon that can kill me quickly. Rockets, Sniper, Shotty, etc.

@ commondisciple

Re: no. 4 you should know what weapon they have and if your on the other side i assume your obviously crouching jump over the door way just as they enter and use trigger lunge this also works against shotty

The sword was meant to be used in a sneaky fashion, not "ZOMG LETS CHARGE IN AND KILL FROM THE FRONT", that's why u get sword blocked, if you screw it up with the sword and you get parried, that's your fault, and as such you DON'T deserve a kill. Simple as.

Do you have a source for this sneaky fashion thing? And I can't really blame myself for being sword blocked when it's completely random. I'm not going to ignore the kill if I have a huge advantage merely because there's a 15% chance he could stick his arm out and block my immensely powerful weapon.

But the thing is, is that he deserved his kill. You got trapped in his weapons insta-kill range, which is a whopping 6ft. How many times have you survived when you are trapped in a corner with a Grav Hammer wielder?

You SHOULDN'T stand a chance against someone with a sword in CQB.

Ya you should because it's annoying when one person dominates just because they have the sword. Sword blocks make it balances.

The sword block is outright ridiculous, and stupid. Why did Bungie even implement it?

If you are dumb enough to charge at me with an AR and jetpack, you should be punished by my sword. If I was stealthy enough to get close to you, without you knowing, you should be punished.

HAHAHAH, you noob, people dont get sneaky with the sword, they sprint and and lunge and you cannot kill a sprinting opponent before he gets to you even if you spam the pistol and hit every shot.

Sword block takes timing and skill.

HAHAHAH, you noob, people dont get sneaky with the sword, they sprint and and lunge and you cannot kill a sprinting opponent before he gets to you even if you spam the pistol and hit every shot.

Sword block takes timing and skill.

Easy fix, make the sword take a long time to draw after Sprinting.

You have never seen me play, I play stealth with the sword, and charge.

And BTW, I don't ever recall disrespecting you, so there is no need for you to disrespect me. You make yourself look like a ******. What is your GT? I would like to see if you are really good enough to call others a noob.

But the thing is, is that he deserved his kill. You got trapped in his weapons insta-kill range, which is a whopping 6ft. How many times have you survived when you are trapped in a corner with a Grav Hammer wielder?

You SHOULDN'T stand a chance against someone with a sword in CQB.

thats just it. since the sword can lunge, so it beats the hammer (if used right) the hammer has a splash damage area, so it trumps the shotty, and the shotty has a longer range than a sword so it, in turn, beats the sword. its a rock-paper-scissors kind of circle.

thats just it. since the sword can lunge, so it beats the hammer (if used right) the hammer has a splash damage area, so it trumps the shotty, and the shotty has a longer range than a sword so it, in turn, beats the sword. its a rock-paper-scissors kind of circle.

On paper, yes that is correct.

But in-game, the Shotty beats all of them. The hammer takes to long to swing vs. a shotty, so by hte time you are actually get off the Hammer Blast, you are dead by Shotgun. And unless the Hammer wielder is a complete idiot, then it will beat the sword as well. Combine both of those, with the fact that the Sword can be blocked by all players, at anytime, makes it almost useless.

The sword block is outright ridiculous, and stupid. Why did Bungie even implement it?

If you are dumb enough to charge at me with an AR and jetpack, you should be punished by my sword. If I was stealthy enough to get close to you, without you knowing, you should be punished. If I have power weapon and map control, you should be punished. All the other CQB exclusive weapons (Grav Hammer, Shotty) don't have a block, why nerf the Sword? And why buff the shotgun as well?

Also, Sword Block causes EXTREMELY unbalanced gameplay in Invasion as well. The Elites get Sword( Countered by every other class because of Sword Block) and Plasma Repeater (Damn near useless because you already have a weapon used for CQB), and Hologram. The Spartans "counter-part" gets Shotgun (Unstoppable at CQB) and Magnum (Great overall weapon for Mid-Range) and Armor Lock. With Armor Lock, if I do manage to stick you or something like that, then you can Armor Lock. You live, I die.

At the very least, could we get Evade for the Gladiator class? Or a Needle Rifle? Or nerf the Shotgun Class?

Now, I know I strayed away from the original topic of Sword Block, but remember that the point of the petition is to get rid of sword block.

Please sign this petition to get rid of Sword Block.

lolumad?