The next U.S. president

IcyMeteor

A weak armed forces? Are you joking? The U.S. spends the most on it's military out of any country in the world. Money that should be going to more important things.

The Armed Forces aren't necessarily weak but the commander in chief is awful. He makes America look like a joke. Apologizing to your enemies while they are marching around murdering Ambassadors and innocent people is a disgrace to this great country.

In today's day and age the defense budget may be the most important thing left for us to spend money on now that Social Security mathematically doesn't work anymore (people are living to long).

The Armed Forces aren't necessarily weak but the commander in chief is awful. He makes America look like a joke. Apologizing to your enemies while they are marching around murdering Ambassadors and innocent people is a disgrace to this great country.

In today's day and age the defense budget may be the most important thing left for us to spend money on now that Social Security mathematically doesn't work anymore (people are living to long).

Let me fact check that for you:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/aug/31/mitt-romney/mitt-romney-said-barack-obama-began-his-presidency/

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2011/02/obamas_apology_tour.html

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/romneys-sorry-apology-tour-dig/

So, now that we have established that that isn't true I can only assume you are talking about the apology that the people inside the American embassy in Cairo gave, you know, when they gave an apology to the large assembly of angry protesters who were outside of the embassy trying to break in and kill them. Unless of coarse I'm mistaken.

• Like 1

Yeah, sorry to say this but the reason America is considered a joke is because we spend so much money on our military, and the only way we get to use them anymore is during "peacekeeping operations". And it was actually Nixon and Bush that gave us this reputation. And off the top of my head I can list at least five different things that are far more important than the military.

1. Public Education: This is one of the many reasons Americans are considered to be the dumbest people on the planet by our neighbors. When children are using textbooks older than they are, there's a problem.

2. National Healthcare: Until recently, we were one of the few countries left that didn't have some sort of national healthcare. The rest of the countries are either third world countries, or non-super power countries. Another reason we're considered a joke.

3. Public Transport: The US has serious issues with our current "let everyone drive everywhere" policy. Simply put, we burn too much oil, and public transport systems are usually ill-kept and difficult to find in the US. Yet another reason we are considered a joke.

4. Incentives to keep jobs in-country: Outsourcing has been a serious issue for years now. If it wasn't cheaper to move jobs to different countries, then companies wouldn't do it. And you guessed it, this is another reason America is considered a joke.

5. The Motherfrakin Space Program: Seriously. This is self-explanatory. Even WE think that NASA not having a space shuttle is a joke.

Also, it's worth noting that the president doesn't come up with the national budget, he just signs it. You'll want to look towards other elected officials to find the ones to blame for all of the above. Like senators and congressmen. At least Obama reads the budget before he signs it, which is something I doubt the Bush clone Romney would do.

• Like 2

So, with ObamaCare... by 2014 (I believe it is) everyone in the United States will be forced to have it. Not just those without Jobs. So what happens if you refuse to take it? I think it is ridiculous that it is being forced. It should be optional.

• Like 1

So, with ObamaCare... by 2014 (I believe it is) everyone in the United States will be forced to have it. Not just those without Jobs. So what happens if you refuse to take it? I think it is ridiculous that it is being forced. It should be optional.

If an American or their family chooses not to purchase healthcare through the Health Care for America Act they can buy private insurance. Those who chose to not participate will pay a penalty tax to help cover the rest of us. In other words no one is actually forcing you to have health insurance.

Source: http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php

• Like 1

I honestly like mitt Romney's idea. Get rid of obama care and let each state have their own Medicare. Romney even said it. Since obamacare started it didn't help anything.

I do not think you understand the extent to how abysmal America's health care is. Other countries laugh at it, 100,000+ people die every year because they cannot afford the surgery or health care. Anything that is a step away from the money maker that is health care is a better step to a better country, private health care en mass is a disgusting idea and should never have been allowed to become the default.

• Like 2

Romney wants to increase taxes for the middle class and cut taxes for the rich. That's not a recipe for success as trickle down economics have failed. The rich are getting richer and have no desire to share their wealth. Romney is a wealthy businessman who only wants to help other wealthy businessmen. Not to mention Romney changes views on policies like no other.

Obama wants to help the middle class, place more taxes on the rich, and help people achieve a college education, a recipe to shorten the national deficit and to brighten our future. The employment rate under Obama is excellent right now also. I want to see those employment rates continue to grow. Romney's ideas are very similar to President Bush's and we see how that worked out didn't we?

• Like 2

I honestly like mitt Romney's idea. Get rid of obama care and let each state have their own Medicare. Romney even said it. Since obamacare started it didn't help anything.

Lol Yeah, except save my life. If it weren't for Obamacare, the insurance I have would not have covered the antibiotics I needed (even with Obamacare, they only covered roughly 45% of the cost, mind you). Fact is, I didn't have the money required to get the antibiotics full price, and with how ill I had become I had no way of making the money either. If Obamacare hadn't put pressure on the insurance companies to actually cover needed medicines, I would be dying a slow and painful death.
  • Like 2

Yeah, sorry to say this but the reason America is considered a joke is because we spend so much money on our military, and the only way we get to use them anymore is during "peacekeeping operations". And it was actually Nixon and Bush that gave us this reputation. And off the top of my head I can list at least five different things that are far more important than the military.

1. Public Education: This is one of the many reasons Americans are considered to be the dumbest people on the planet by our neighbors. When children are using textbooks older than they are, there's a problem.

2. National Healthcare: Until recently, we were one of the few countries left that didn't have some sort of national healthcare. The rest of the countries are either third world countries, or non-super power countries. Another reason we're considered a joke.

3. Public Transport: The US has serious issues with our current "let everyone drive everywhere" policy. Simply put, we burn too much oil, and public transport systems are usually ill-kept and difficult to find in the US. Yet another reason we are considered a joke.

4. Incentives to keep jobs in-country: Outsourcing has been a serious issue for years now. If it wasn't cheaper to move jobs to different countries, then companies wouldn't do it. And you guessed it, this is another reason America is considered a joke.

5. The Motherfrakin Space Program: Seriously. This is self-explanatory. Even WE think that NASA not having a space shuttle is a joke.

Also, it's worth noting that the president doesn't come up with the national budget, he just signs it. You'll want to look towards other elected officials to find the ones to blame for all of the above. Like senators and congressmen. At least Obama reads the budget before he signs it, which is something I doubt the Bush clone Romney would do.

So you're okay with people flying planes into buildings? Just making sure. The military is as essential as any of the things you named.

Lol Yeah, except save my life. If it weren't for Obamacare, the insurance I have would not have covered the antibiotics I needed (even with Obamacare, they only covered roughly 45% of the cost, mind you). Fact is, I didn't have the money required to get the antibiotics full price, and with how ill I had become I had no way of making the money either. If Obamacare hadn't put pressure on the insurance companies to actually cover needed medicines, I would be dying a slow and painful death.

Hospitals are required to render aid whether you can afford it or not. Cost isn't a factor until after you've been treated.

While I think it's fantastic that so many people on here have such an interest in politics, I also find it odd that many of these people--and many of those sounding off with multiple paragraphs--aren't even of voting age yet.

Just...food for thought.

The scary thing is one day they will be. What kind of agenda are our parents furthering? Are we a generation of handouts or are we a generation of selfless service?

So you're okay with people flying planes into buildings? Just making sure. The military is as essential as any of the things you named.

Hospitals are required to render aid whether you can afford it or not. Cost isn't a factor until after you've been treated.

The scary thing is one day they will be. What kind of agenda are our parents furthering? Are we a generation of handouts or are we a generation of selfless service?

Yeah, you know when I was in the USMC I don't recall ever teaching a class, being a doctor, driving a bus (full of civilians), lowering taxes, or going into outer space. Nor do I recall preventing planes from flying into buildings. All I remember doing is going over to Afghanistan and fighting.

The fact of the matter is our military is one of the largest in the world, and has more advanced technology most. The only countries that would even stand a chance against us in an attack on US Soil are at peace with us, and have no call to attack us. As a matter of fact, if they did attack us, then they would be breaching their position on the UN, and would effectively screw their country over for the next century or so.

We do not NEED a larger military. The only reason Romney wants one is so he can play general by attacking Iran. Which, by the way, even his facts supporting his statements that we should attack Iran are completely made up, outright lies.

• Like 1

Except that the military does not stop terrorist attacks, the TSA kind of does but it's mostly good diplomatic relations. Actually our military does the exact opposite, most terrorist attacks (9/11 included) can be directly linked back to anger over our military presence in other people's countries.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here. We never said that you couldn't get treatment, what we said was that often times emergency treatment can't be be payed for which then puts the cost on the shoulders of the hospital that provided it and the doctors at said hospital.

Oh my God we are becoming Europe! Anything but Europe!

• Like 1

Yeah, you know when I was in the USMC I don't recall ever teaching a class, being a doctor, driving a bus (full of civilians), lowering taxes, or going into outer space. Nor do I recall preventing planes from flying into buildings. All I remember doing is going over to Afghanistan and fighting.

The fact of the matter is our military is one of the largest in the world, and has more advanced technology most. The only countries that would even stand a chance against us in an attack on US Soil are at peace with us, and have no call to attack us. As a matter of fact, if they did attack us, then they would be breaching their position on the UN, and would effectively screw their country over for the next century or so.

We do not NEED a larger military. The only reason Romney wants one is so he can play general by attacking Iran. Which, by the way, even his facts supporting his statements that we should attack Iran are completely made up, outright lies.

We are. I'm proud to have served in OEF 11. That was a deployment I will remember for the rest of my life. No words can explain it. My only hope is that people will see how much the military sacrifices for the some more than others to earn nothing more than a paycheck. Does that make us patriots? No. Does that earn me my 1st amendment. Hell yes.

Let me tell you a story. It was August 2011. I was stationed in RV South Afghanistan. I was included in force protection. I had worked 9 months 12 hour days 7 days a week on this fob and my job but that day is a day I will remember for the rest of my life.

It started out like any other day. I woke up at 0600 and went to the ECP (entry control point). My job was to scan vehicles entering the base looking for drugs or bombs. One of the regulars was driving on post. I greeted him in Dari yelling SENGAY! He greeted me saying juri!!! We went through the motions and I established his vehicle was clean.

As soon as the search lane was clear another flatbed came on the fob slow but stopping in order for K9 forces to do their once over. I heard loud POP POP POPS that I recognize today as 762 rounds being fired roughly 500 meters from our position on highway 1. At the time I was a noob. Unfamiliar with direction and distance and treated it as you probably had. Nothing. I continued my search with the vehicle.

The South African K9 asked me did you hear that? And sure enough I did. I went to the back of the truck and climbed on the back to see over the T wall barricades that lined our post.

What I saw was an 18 wheeler stationary on highway 1. After a few moments I saw the smoke and was the first one to respond to ECP 7 our leader what I saw. "Smoke from an 18 wheeler approximately 500 meters at 11 o'clock. Be advised shots fired."

No sooner did I respond did the garbage truck I had searched previously fly back out the entrance gate. I saw about 5 minutes worth of memory but It felt like 30 seconds. He was back with a body on the back of his truck.

I searched the body and to this day I'll never forget the look in his eyes. Empty. Bleak. And filled with nothing. It all happened so fast that I had to wonder if I had reacted sooner would that boy I was searching still be alive? That boy with a softball exit wound laying behind garbage and trash.

He died there and QRF quich rolled out to eliminate that attacking force but it was too late. He was the victim of a drive by and his assailants were long gone. To this day if we had more people there would he had lived?

I ask myself this from time to time....

My point is what we do as soldiers airmen marines or airmen is important. On a daily basis it is the reason for life and death.nothing we do us worthless or wasting our time. It isn't a waste of money it isn't a waste of time.

What were you doing in August 2011? Was it important? Because people died that day. Not me but sometimes I wish it was based on how I handled it that day. We don't appreciate our troops as much as we should. Or know what they deal with on a day to day basis.

Show gratitude and show support. Because you might be the only one who does. While I live with what happened that day you slept peacefully. I didn't act on patriotism or even orders... I just wish that poor kid was alive. I wish our military had more going for them than conflicting reports for the media.

I don't expect anyone to understand or react based off of sympathy. I just wish more would show hard working veterans the meaning of gratitude. It would've the demons we have to live with a little more bearable than what we face today.

Thank a soldier. Thank a HUMAN. You might save their life. Support our US Armed Forces.

I prologue for the typos. When I drink I become emotional and forget grammar.

Apologize * not prologued.

-snip-

I'm not going to get into an anti/pro-military argument with you. The fact of the matter is, if Romney becomes president, then the only people that will benefit are those that are in the military (MAYBE), and the rich. Everyone else will suffer. I'm registered as a Republican, and I love my country, but I'll be DAMNED before I let an airhead like Romney into office. He might boost the military budget, but the fact of the matter is he's going to get more of our soldiers killed, and I'm NOT okay with that. I would rather have died in Afghanistan than watch a Bush clone tear this country apart even more than it has been.

Oh, and I just realized this was directed at me. Perhaps a little back-story may shed some light on the situation.

I had (still have, currently taking antibiotics for it) cellulitis. Normally, the way to treat cellulitis is by prescription antibiotics and cutting it out (as you probably know). However, I was not able to seek medical attention until it had hit my bloodstream. At that stage, the only treatment is a whole LOT of medicine. The only "medical attention" they can provide is to fill out a prescription and give you some advice. So the visit is free (or at least only 30 dollars), but the treatment is not. The only hospital nearby doesn't have it's own pharmacy, so I have to get my prescriptions from Walgreens or Wal-Mart. Which aren't under the hippocratic oath.

I'm not going to get into an anti/pro-military argument with you. The fact of the matter is, if Romney becomes president, then the only people that will benefit are those that are in the military (MAYBE), and the rich. Everyone else will suffer. I'm registered as a Republican, and I love my country, but I'll be DAMNED before I let an airhead like Romney into office. He might boost the military budget, but the fact of the matter is he's going to get more of our soldiers killed, and I'm NOT okay with that. I would rather have died in Afghanistan than watch a Bush clone tear this country apart even more than it has been.

Oh, and I just realized this was directed at me. Perhaps a little back-story may shed some light on the situation.

I had (still have, currently taking antibiotics for it) cellulitis. Normally, the way to treat cellulitis is by prescription antibiotics and cutting it out (as you probably know). However, I was not able to seek medical attention until it had hit my bloodstream. At that stage, the only treatment is a whole LOT of medicine. The only "medical attention" they can provide is to fill out a prescription and give you some advice. So the visit is free (or at least only 30 dollars), but the treatment is not. The only hospital nearby doesn't have it's own pharmacy, so I have to get my prescriptions from Walgreens or Wal-Mart. Which aren't under the hippocratic oath.

I'm so sorry... I didn't know... Are you okay at least now?

If you were chartered under those conditions I would double check with the VA as they might be able to give you benefits that may help.

Chaptered. * lol.

I think I would re-elect Barack Obama. I hate Mitt Romney, he's a selfish moron and he's a Morman. He'll be stuck up his own backside for the next four years. Barack Obama's a Communist, which means he wants equality for all. That's the right way to go about it.

Just a friendly reminder, don't get too heated here and start attacking a certain party. Don't attack someone because of their views either. We all have our own.

If I see anyone doing this, like stated before, I will shut down this topic.

Topic locked.

:coffee: