Plasma rifle not to return to halo 4

tool

The SMG is not returning and now I just found out that the plasma rifle will not be in halo 4 because the storm rifle will be replacing it. Out of all the weapons, they choose the plasma rifle. I thought they would bring back all weapons from all the halos, they even brought back that stupid concussion rifle, but not the plasma rifle. >:'(

The concussion rifle is essentially the covie version of the shotgun. There are now 3 versions of each weapon in the game (Human, Covie, Promethean). The PP is still in the game to match the Boltshot and Magnum, the Storm rifle is now there to match the AR and Suppressor. The Covie carbine is back to match the Dmr/BR and lIght rifle. The Fuel Rod is back to match the rocket launcher and incineration cannon, and so on. So there is realy no need for the Plasma rifle, it would be weak compared to the others.

• Like 1

The concussion rifle is essentially the covie version of the shotgun. There are now 3 versions of each weapon in the game (Human, Covie, Promethean). The PP is still in the game to match the Boltshot and Magnum, the Storm rifle is now there to match the AR and Suppressor. The Covie carbine is back to match the Dmr/BR and lIght rifle. The Fuel Rod is back to match the rocket launcher and incineration cannon, and so on. So there is realy no need for the Plasma rifle, it would be weak compared to the others.

The Plasma Rifle was always the match for the AR in previous games. I see no reason to take a great weapon and replace it with a gun that (from what I've seen) is extremely inaccurate and can barely fire for a few seconds without overheating.

• Like 1

Yes the plasma rifle was the match to the AR, but it did not fully match the AR and the Suppressor. The Plasma repeater from Reach more similar to the AR, and now they pretty much made a direct covie version of the AR. Nothing wrong with that. Yes the storm rifle overheats, but that is a downside to all covie weapons that do more to shields than health. Each weapon type (Human, Covie, Prom) has a strength and weakness. The covie overheat but do more to shields, human fire fast and burn through ammo but do more blunt damage (health), and prom weapons are a mix of the two. 343i is trying to make a weapon to fit each of the three...they fel that the plasma rifle didnt cut it so they replaced it, we wont know if it was a good call until the game launches, but it appears that the storm rifle is a good replacement.

Yes the plasma rifle was the match to the AR, but it did not fully match the AR and the Suppressor. The Plasma repeater from Reach more similar to the AR, and now they pretty much made a direct covie version of the AR. Nothing wrong with that. Yes the storm rifle overheats, but that is a downside to all covie weapons that do more to shields than health. Each weapon type (Human, Covie, Prom) has a strength and weakness. The covie overheat but do more to shields, human fire fast and burn through ammo but do more blunt damage (health), and prom weapons are a mix of the two. 343i is trying to make a weapon to fit each of the three...they fel that the plasma rifle didnt cut it so they replaced it, we wont know if it was a good call until the game launches, but it appears that the storm rifle is a good replacement.

It appears to me that the Storm Rifle is a piece of garbage that's only useful at point-blank range, and we already have melee attacks for that. But, 343 does seem to be stomping out anything that reminds players of the Sangheili, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

I really did not like the plasma rifle. It would be very underpowered if it was in halo 4.

I agree with Angel, there are lots of items, weapons, and vehicles that are directly Covie. The AR doesnt do much but allow for a quick beat down, the suppressor and storm rifle do the same thing. All three guns are just a spray and pray weapon type.

Spray and Pray is the way to play. I be sprayin and you be prayin :)

• Like 1

I do loved Plasma Rifle, blue & red, but I don't think u peeps have read or heard enough 'bout the SR. Storm Rifle, is the new Plasma Rifle. Shoots the same blue bolts of plasma, but on a faster rate. Storm Rifle fits perfectly, because PR was not as fast as the AR. For me, (base on gameplay seen) I think it will be a combination on Halo CE's PR and Reach's Plasma Repeater. Strength of the Rifle, as fast a the Repeater.

i understand that the storm rifle fits in the campain, but understand this the plasma rifle is a classic weapon to halo just like the AR BR etc.. The plasma rifle was one of the foundations that made halo although you may find it useless, others find it useful due to skills. And to RoosterTeethFan, the plasma rifle is NOT UGLY!!!!

all wrong the storm rifle isnt the plasma rifle its the plasma repeater and whats this about no smg y can i still not play my way

im the kind of person who uses smgs as a primary for 50% of my classes in games like mw3 blops and when there an smg in odst i already droped my assault rifle

an smg is like an assault rifle but half the size and thats the point

atleast have some sort of machine pistol im sick of all theese shooters that dont include small rapid fire weapons like gears, reach, vanquish, its always the slower the beter because it has more damage well y cant there be somthing the other way seriously

• 3 weeks later...

I think the plasma rifle hasn't really fulfilled it's true potential in the past halos... I really miss the halo CE one with the stun... But anyways I think the storm rifle is going to be great! And I think they replaced the plasma rifle for balancing reasons, so it would be equal to the other guns (Suppressor AR) and no one would have to think about bullet traveltime.

By the looks of it the storm rifle is going to be alot better than the repeater and I'm looking forward to using it. I'm pretty sure it'll be my secondary weapon with the Carbine as primary.

smart people now a days, hey whats the new coveinet faction called, the storm faction, huhhh thats funny storm rifle, ohhhhhhh so wait its called the storm rifle because they invented it smart ones, plus its the same thing as the plasma repeater from halo reach, which i loved to death, dont even act like you missed the plasma rifle, i threw that thing out the window as soon as i saw the plasma repeater. so yeah the gun makes sence with the story line and its more badass the rifle ever was, although i don't like the look of it

• 1 month later...

I want the Plasma Rifle back because it was unique among the automatic weapons. It was slower firing, but was more accurate and effective against shielding. The Suppressor and Storm Rifle look pretty much the dang. Maybe in Halo 5 if us fans demand the Plasma Rifle back in place of the Storm Rifle, we may have a chance of getting it back :) . Who's with me on this?

• Like 2