So how many maps will Halo 4 standard edition come with?

Snowbro

@TsicksSense: You are incorrect, there will be 10 brand spanking new 343i original maps. Frankie stated that there wont be any forged maps until AFTER the 3 map packs have been released. Each map pack is going to contain 3 original maps as well. But for those who just buy the SE and not the map packs, look forward to 10 all new maps :)

Um, having forge, but not forge worlds for at least 9 months would be stupid. I think you are making assumptions. I guarantee you, there will be three forge world enviroments with the released game, otherwise there would be riots. I do remember Franky saying that in addition to the released unforged maps, would be three forge world maps.

There are no Forge World maps until AFTER the game launches and AFTER the 3 Map Packs are released.

In multiplayer, there will not be forged maps to begin with. However, there will be blank forge world maps shipped with the game.

@Mr. Bashful Brute: Frank O'Connor himself stated at ComicCon that there will be no Forged Maps in multiplayer Matchmaking (War Games) until AFTER the 3 map packs are released. He said they wanted original new maps to be in Halo 4 for a long time.

@TsicksSense: That is correct there will be Forge and there will be several Forge World maps, but as I have previously stated, there will be NO Forged maps in MM until down the road.