Please No Armor Effects

VEF214

I use either GBP or IW, I like the bit of difference they add to the game. Its also not hard to ignore them on other people, especially since youre spending most of your time killing them lol

Exactly, the Armor Effects aren't FOR realism. They are to add a bit of comical customization and fun.

Those are not Armor Effects. Just a skin. If it's animated, it can be classified as an Armor Effect as Halo imagines them. If it is static, it isn't really an effect. Unless it does some weird filter to your colors.

Armor effects don't need to be animated.

ef.fect/iˈfekt/

Noun:A change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

On a side note, Halo has always been at least a little comical. It's never been a serious game.

Agreed, Halo has always had comic relief from Grunts, to Johnson, to the oracle. There has always been a bit of comic relief in Halo. And no one is forcing you to wear an armor effect if you dont like them for whatever reason. if they give your position away use that to your advantage on someone wearing them. Dont like them, dont use them, as easy as that.

I like the idea of burnt or battle worn armor effects for halo 4, that would look cool and still make sense

• Like 2

I agree. This is just another reason why Halo Reach is the worst of the Halo FPS franchise. Halo isn't about comic relief. Those effects were pointless and some of them can even give away your position. Why would anybody want that?

Well it's their problem if they get caught. The game isn't going to force you to use them if there are any. I personally like them.

Armor effects don't need to be animated.

ef.fect/iˈfekt/

Noun:A change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

On a side note, Halo has always been at least a little comical. It's never been a serious game.

Halo Armor Effects Have always been animated. If it isn't animated, it may as well be a skin...Remember? We have skins. Those are the stationary things that are usually patterns and such, but they can also be like decals, adding bullet holes and the like.

If anything, bullet holes, etc should be in skins. Armor Effects should be the way they are.

Well it's their problem if they get caught. The game isn't going to force you to use them if there are any. I personally like them.

Agreed, Halo has always had comic relief from Grunts, to Johnson, to the oracle. There has always been a bit of comic relief in Halo. And no one is forcing you to wear an armor effect if you dont like them for whatever reason. if they give your position away use that to your advantage on someone wearing them. Dont like them, dont use them, as easy as that.

I like the idea of burnt or battle worn armor effects for halo 4, that would look cool and still make sense

I do indeed use that to my advantage when they give away somebody's position. I never said I use them, I just don't understand why they're in multiplayer. Comic relief is available in the campaign from the sources mentioned by tallgeese.

Great idea on that armor tallgeese.