The 4th Grenade Type

Victory Element

343 has said there will be four grenade types in halo 4. So far we have seen the frag grenade, plasma grenade, and what appears to be a promethean grenade. We havent heard any info or seen any gameplay with this 4th grenade yet.

this is just a topic to put up some ideas of what you would want the grenade to be like. Would you want it to be a returning spike grenade?? or would it be something completely new? post some of your ideas and i will leave my own below

i would like to see a motion activated grenade, almost like a trip mine. After you throw it, it would have to land on the ground(no sticks) and i would remain stationary. It will only detonate if an opponent walks within a certain radius of it. It could also deal damage to vehicles that drive over it. It could be used to defend key areas and set traps for those who arent carefull

EMP type grenade maybe? Reminds me of that equipment from Halo 3

Well we actually have that in the form of the Promethean Grenade. I imagine that we will be getting the Firebomb Grenade back for Spartan Ops and Campaign only. While the Spike Grenade from Halo 3 was very cool you have to consider that it worked almost the same way as a plasma grenade and didn't fill in any niches. I imagine that they will be bringing the Firebomb back.

:)

Well we actually have that in the form of the Promethean Grenade. I imagine that we will be getting the Firebomb Grenade back for Spartan Ops and Campaign only. While the Spike Grenade from Halo 3 was very cool you have to consider that it worked almost the same way as a plasma grenade and didn't fill in any niches. I imagine that they will be bringing the Firebomb back.

:)

I don't know. The firebomb seemed useless as well. It seems to be the only thing that could be able to fill the space, though.

I have a few ideas:

1. A smoke granade.

2. A granade that warps you into another part of the map? Warp granade?

3. A flash granade.

4. A nanotech granade, releasing thousand of nanobots to follow your heat signal and explode.

5. A blamithe (needler) granade.

6. A granade that paralizes the oponent's suit, making the enemy move slower since the armor is temporarily jammed.

7. A stunt granade.

8. Acid granades?

And I got nothing else, for now.

I have a few ideas:

1. A smoke granade.

3. A flash granade.

4. A nanotech granade, releasing thousand of nanobots to follow your heat signal and explode.

6. A granade that paralizes the oponent's suit, making the enemy move slower since the armor is temporarily jammed.

7. A stunt granade.

8. Acid granades?

a smoke grenade would be interesting, but I like the idea of the warp grenade. I used to play a game called Lost Planet 2, and there was something similar to that. You would throw the grenade and it would open up a portal, then another portal would open up a different part of the map. You can then travel between them as you please.

I also had a thought about the trait zones that you can use in forge world. What if there was a grenade that created a trait zone in the area around it. Like you could assist your teamates and throw an overshield grenade in the area around them

Maybe that forth grenade will only be avalible through the campaign, forge and customs because think about it in Halo 3 the forth grenade was the firebomb and you mostly used it in missions that had the flood in them, so maybe this forth grenade will be a second promethean grenade that is very good used against them or maybe a new covenant grenade. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe we will have the ability to choose or pick up 4 different types of grenades in matchmaking... By the way nice ideias you guys got there!

do you mean spike grenade because what you just described fits its description?

the spike grenades in halo 3 were like sticky grenades. The are called spike grenades because the spikes on them are what makes them stick to players and vehicles. This needler grenade wouldnt detonate like the halo 3 spike grenade. It would send out a burst of pink needles to damage shields and such

i think the idea is that after the grenade lands, the needles fire out from it in all directions. Not like a sticky grenade

the spike grenades in halo 3 were like sticky grenades. The are called spike grenades because the spikes on them are what makes them stick to players and vehicles. This needler grenade wouldnt detonate like the halo 3 spike grenade. It would send out a burst of pink needles to damage shields and such

Actually, and sorry I have to kind of disagree, but I think the Spike granade was called "Spike Granade" because when it exploded it shot dozens of spike everywhere, I don't think the spikes make them stick because everytime I spiked someone and every pic I find in the Internet shows the spike granade being stick by the head (not sideways). You can correct me if I am wrong in which case I will apologize for my mistake. And when I said "Needler Granade" I meant a granade that when exploded it shot needles that will follow and stick to the player and (obviously) explode, but your interpretation is a good one nontheless; apparently the Nano Granade didn't got as much attention. Anyway, I have thought of new granade types:

9. A sentinel type of granade, when you shoot it becomes a Sentinel that helps you eliminate the other team. Sentinel Granade maybe?

10. A blast granade, when it explodes it sends out either one strong or several blast waves that will put some distance between you and your opponent, like an way to counter act the Thruster Pack.

11. A liquid Nitrogen granade (Ice granade). Which freezes everything within a certain radious.

12. Gravity Granade. Increases the gravity within a certain radious so high that it crushes you?

13. This one is kind of useless and stupid but I am going to put it anyway. GPS granade, it tells everyone in the map where the person that was stuck is.

14. Reversed Physic Granade (RP Granade)? It makes the game physics backward, walking forward is backward, walking backward is forward etc....

15. A granade that stops every mechanical and chemical reaction, so if you try to shoot no bullets will come out and granades won't explode or do anything. Try to come up with a name for this granade, pls.

16. This granade was mention by someone else earlier in the post but I am going to mention it again (with a name this time) to see if ppl pay a little more attention to it. Chaff Granades.

It's getting harder coming up with new granade types, I'll be back with more later.

I have a few ideas:

1. A smoke granade.

3. A flash granade.

7. A stunt granade.

8. Acid granades?

Love these ideas. I'm all for a good flashbang. A flash grenade on Wayont CTF when the whole team is chilling inside playing D would of been amazing. Well honestly a flashbang on any BTB CTF/Assault game would be so clutch b.c. everybody seems to love to camp in the base when they can't use a DMR.

Actually, and sorry I have to kind of disagree, but I think the Spike granade was called "Spike Granade" because when it exploded it shot dozens of spike everywhere, I don't think the spikes make them stick because everytime I spiked someone and every pic I find in the Internet shows the spike granade being stick by the head (not sideways). You can correct me if I am wrong in which case I will apologize for my mistake. And when I said "Needler Granade" I meant a granade that when exploded it shot needles that will follow and stick to the player and (obviously) explode, but your interpretation is a good one nontheless; apparently the Nano Granade didn't got as much attention. Anyway, I have thought of new granade types:

9. A sentinel type of granade, when you shoot it becomes a Sentinel that helps you eliminate the other team. Sentinel Granade maybe?

10. A blast granade, when it explodes it sends out either one strong or several blast waves that will put some distance between you and your opponent, like an way to counter act the Thruster Pack.

11. A liquid Nitrogen granade (Ice granade). Which freezes everything within a certain radious.

12. Gravity Granade. Increases the gravity within a certain radious so high that it crushes you?

13. This one is kind of useless and stupid but I am going to put it anyway. GPS granade, it tells everyone in the map where the person that was stuck is.

14. Reversed Physic Granade (RP Granade)? It makes the game physics backward, walking forward is backward, walking backward is forward etc....

15. A granade that stops every mechanical and chemical reaction, so if you try to shoot no bullets will come out and granades won't explode or do anything. Try to come up with a name for this granade, pls.

16. This granade was mention by someone else earlier in the post but I am going to mention it again (with a name this time) to see if ppl pay a little more attention to it. Chaff Granades.

It's getting harder coming up with new granade types, I'll be back with more later.

jeez, you have so many ideas and i can t believe you want to come up with more! :thumbsup: a lot of these sound really unrealistic, but i think its a lot of fun reading all of these

I would like a way to send a beacon or signal out to request help or to coordinate attacks. Too bad Halo Wars was the only Halo to realize this.

i wouldnt think a grenade would do something like that. Maybe an armor ability or something..... but the little indicator above your teamate's heads already changes colors when they are being attacked, so you know to go help them

Reduced gravity grenade?

it reduces gravity for longer jumps

i had the idea of making grenades that created trait zones like we have seen in forge world. For example, you can throw a trait grenade at your teamates to give them an overshield or something

I would love another human grenade that is similar to the firebomb grenade. Except this one sends out globs of napalm that stick to walls and ceilings as well. Only a direct hit would kill. A near hit would drain a lot of shields. That is what I want.

that doesnt sound like a bad idea. I'm up for it