Will we have a new noob problem?

Victory Element

You sir, have made the best post in this thread! :lol:

If what you say is true, I can live with a few pp noobs this time around!

SweatyBagels does have a really good point, but we need to look at his statement in a larger perspective. 343i wouldnt change the abilities of a weapon for one specific game mode, so it would have to be like that in other modes as well. Imagine trying to disable a vehicle in BTB, and your EMP fails because the PP was made inconsistent. It is a very good idea for regular slayer modes, but we have to think about how it would effect vehicle combat too if it was made weaker

It is a very good idea for regular slayer modes, but we have to think about how it would effect vehicle combat too if it was made weaker

Actually it is a bad idea for non vehicle maps/modes too. The pp has 2 very specific uses (drop shields and disable vehicles) and if it was made to be inconsistent then they might as well drop the weapon entirely because no one in their right mind would want to deal with having all those worthless shots that did nothing.

The way to balance it would be to make it drain faster while charged (which they have apparently done), make it take longer to charge up (can't completely change a close quarters battle with a quick charge and melee), and decrease its homing, or take it out entirely (people would actually have to lead their shots unless the person is walking straight towards them).

Just be glad it's not like the Halo 1 pp with vehicle disabling capabilities. In my opinion, the halo 1 pp was the best version, and most aggravating to fight against too.

Having the PP be inconsistent is not the way to go. As mentioned it will cause problems on vehicle maps and just in reliance of what it its supposed to do in general. Now if they increase the burn, and how fast it drains energy while charging, than it wont be able to emit 4-5 shots, instead maybe 2-3. Which would mean less people getting their shiled s fully taken out and than 1 shot.

Having the PP be inconsistent is not the way to go. As mentioned it will cause problems on vehicle maps and just in reliance of what it its supposed to do in general. Now if they increase the burn, and how fast it drains energy while charging, than it wont be able to emit 4-5 shots, instead maybe 2-3. Which would mean less people getting their shiled s fully taken out and than 1 shot.

that makes sense, then it may make players shy away from the weapon a bit, so it will be less common. and the classic magnum will return to be the most common secondary.......and the noobs will be defeated :laughing:

All I'm trying to say is that there will be a very VERY large problem in the majority of playlists if the Plasma Pistol is not nerfed drastically. It is a very effective anti-vehicle threat that when used in mass will make vehicles way less useful than it should be. In regular slayer gametypes people will strategically lurk with it and go for the easy noob combo kill.

Neither of these options seem good to me and I think that the only solution is inconsistency or severe nerfing.

well severe nerfing would be increasing the rate at which the PP drains energy while charging and increasing the burn. Only 2-3 full powered PP shots is better than 4-5.

Yes but that would still be 1-3 noobular kills and the ability to pick up other fully charged plasma pistols from the large percentage of the population that will undoubtedly be using them.

Thats 1-3 noobular kills if they are able to get the kill. With as fast paced as the game is going to be and the ROF for all thea weapons equaled out, just because they got a PP shot off doesnt mean they will 100% of the time be able to kill their opponent. The first person to get the shot off in the battle now is not always the victor due to sprint, ROF, and the ability for team mates to insta spawn and help out. I dont think it will be as big of an issue as we all think. If it is an issue post launch than I am sure 343i will address it.

Thats 1-3 noobular kills if they are able to get the kill. With as fast paced as the game is going to be and the ROF for all thea weapons equaled out, just because they got a PP shot off doesnt mean they will 100% of the time be able to kill their opponent. The first person to get the shot off in the battle now is not always the victor due to sprint, ROF, and the ability for team mates to insta spawn and help out. I dont think it will be as big of an issue as we all think. If it is an issue post launch than I am sure 343i will address it.

the new fast paced gameplay will affect this for sure, we just dont know how much. Lets hope brings down the efficencey of the pp in slayer modes but keeps a good balance for use against vehicles

Well while I get what you are saying it takes less than a second to dispatch somebody with the noob combo. So if the noob fires first the player will be dead very very shortly after they recognize the situation.

I'm not sure why everyone's talking about the overcharged shot. Sure, its powerful, but its also limited, telegraphed, and risky.

I would be much more afraid of the PP's rapid shots. The reason I would be weary of letting players take PPs out of the gate lies more in the fact that they can strip shields as a semi auto weapon in CQB faster than any other non power weapon. Even if there isn't bleed melee in Halo 4, that's a FAST kill, as it always have been. It could potentially render the AR, and even other weapons obsolete at CQB. Hell, I always throw down my AR for a PP in Halo 3/Reach. Now, if there IS bleed? Then dear god...

Anyone remember the plasma RIFLE from Halo 3? Three hits + melee?

I'm not sure why everyone's talking about the overcharged shot. Sure, its powerful, but its also limited, telegraphed, and risky.

I would be much more afraid of the PP's rapid shots. The reason I would be weary of letting players take PPs out of the gate lies more in the fact that they can strip shields as a semi auto weapon in CQB faster than any other non power weapon. Even if there isn't bleed melee in Halo 4, that's a FAST kill, as it always have been. It could potentially render the AR, and even other weapons obsolete at CQB. Hell, I always throw down my AR for a PP in Halo 3/Reach. Now, if there IS bleed? Then dear god...

Oh, lord, yes. I hate running into people who use it. They beat me down like an old man in the octagon.

lets hope the new storm rifle doesnt end up like that

• 3 weeks later...

ok ok here's my problem vehicles, why would you not use a plasma pistal on a map with lots of vehicles, imagine your driving a ghost about to splater someone and they emp you, you get angry, now imagine the same thing but everyone has a plasma, game over if you get one splater the whole game your one lucky person, thats my concern, same thing with the wraith when you emp it the cannon retracts, so you cant shoot, the wraith would be useless, in a game with vehicles if everyone has a plasma pistol then you can forget about driving cause you got a better chance on foot, which is kinda homo, its a driving map for god's sake. thats my thoughts about that, cqc i think it will be ok as long as it a one on one fight, two on one, your done for, which is stupid two, trust me the plasma pistol will get rediculous, unless 343i alters it or something else, one plasma pistol, not a problem, a whole team with those things thats a problem.

(AND ARMOR LOCK ISN'T NOOBY! > :[ )

No it isn't but it is flawed. *Armor lock, immediately exit to get their shields down, pummel.* See the problem? It is exploited too much. 343 could have patched it to make it so you can't melee out of it, but they didn't. So, we suffer now, to be rewarded later.