weapons for ordinance/SMG Silenced From ODST

KRob

The SMG, silent or not silent, I think should return. I loved using that weapon in Halo 3. The Idea of not showing up in the radar is interesting. Either way most of the time you are moving around so you will still be appearing in the radar. Unless you are standing still which will be a bad idea cause you will die easily or just camping. Camping with a SMG though doesn't sound too great.

I don't think that the SMG should make a return whatsoever. However 343i said that they wer going to introduce and "Assault Carbine" that would remind players of a previous weapon that "Mangled Shields." To me this sounds like the SMG is going to make a return. And while I don't see the point of bringing such a weapon back without dual-wielding being present, should it be brought back I would sure hope that it includes the silencer and zoom.

:fish:

I vote no on having the smg return. There is no point in having any weapon silenced in Halo games because it takes literally no time at all to figure out which direction you are getting shot at, with or without radar.

However 343i said that they wer going to introduce and "Assault Carbine" that would remind players of a previous weapon that "Mangled Shields." To me this sounds like the SMG is going to make a return.

The assualt carbine is basically the new plasma rifle. In the MLG videos where pros got to play they said it was pretty much exactly like the assault rifle...yet better than it somehow. We will just have to wait to play to see how everything pans out.

The assualt carbine is basically the new plasma rifle. In the MLG videos where pros got to play they said it was pretty much exactly like the assault rifle...yet better than it somehow. We will just have to wait to play to see how everything pans out.

WRONG! The new plasma Rifle is called "Storm Rifle", and its the evolution for the plasma rifle, says Halo's Official Site.

I've been researching, and the Assault Carabine is some sort of Assault Rifle, that marines use. No pictures of it, but its been mentioned on Halo's novels.

On the SMG, I loved it on ODST more than in H3, but I doubly think it's making a return.

WRONG! The new plasma Rifle is called "Storm Rifle", and its the evolution for the plasma rifle, says Halo's Official Site.

I've been researching, and the Assault Carabine is some sort of Assault Rifle, that marines use. No pictures of it, but its been mentioned on Halo's novels.

On the SMG, I loved it on ODST more than in H3, but I doubly think it's making a return.

Ah yup you're right. To many weapons with "rifle" in their name for me to keep track of.

I would love to see it return but they would need to inclued the zoom like in ODST to compensate for the lack of dual wielding action don't care so much about wheather it is silenced or not althought it would be kinda cool for it to be silenced but I woudn't care if it was or not.

I believe that the Assault Carbine and the Storm Rifle are the same weapon.And even if they aren't I doubt that they would change the SMG's name to Assault Carbine.

i agree. Assualt carbine was probably just a temporary name until they finalized it. I do like the idea of having the silenced smg, but not showing up on radar.........thats what the silencer does in cod

That would be awesome! The pistol in odst would be awesome as well... come to think of it, just add all of the weapons that were ever in any halo, and while your at it add all of the vehicles as well. That sounds difficult but it's really just adding 7ish guns to Halo Reach and 4ish vehicles. Even if they don't make sense in the story like the plasma rifle being replaced by the storm rifle, just give us the option in forge

• 1 month later...

i agree. Assualt carbine was probably just a temporary name until they finalized it. I do like the idea of having the silenced smg, but not showing up on radar.........thats what the silencer does in cod

What if the purpose of the silencer is that the enemy you're shooting at, doesn't have arrows indicating where the damage comes from?I prefer this than don't showing up on radar.

EDIT:There is no human SMG according to UNSC weapons trailer; there might be a promethean SMG though.

Edited by EliteISnIp3r