Halo 4 Ranking system idea.

DerpWithAGun

This is an idea I came up with for the Halo 4 ranking system Right now, it seems to have no flaws but maybe you guys can find some.

I tried to write it in notepad but it got to complicated with all the codes. I have now stopped writing the rank system in cmd. It would have been ALOT faster to calculate rank with it instead of pen and paper but it so damn complicated, and i dont even know the code to calculate numbers you enter using the set /p command. Anyway here it is.

The rank system works our your skill and does this by taking into account whether you won or lost a match, how many kills and deaths you get and how many assists you get. (these assistsaccount for infantry assists, distraction and wheelman assists.) In the skill progression system there will be an XP bar for each skill number.

The XP bar will need 50 XP. No matter what rank you are you will always need 50 XP to get to the next rank. Here is a table of XP.

Kill = +2XP

Death = -2XP

Win = +20XP

Loss = -20XP

Normal assist = +5XP

Wheelman Assist = +5XP

Headshot kill = +1XP

Positive KD at end of match = +5XP

Negative " " " " " = -5XP

Perfection = +20XP

NOTE: These numbers are not final.To prevent people from abusing the system, here is some examples.

Scenario 1: A player decides to get no kills and camps somewhere shooting enemies until they have low health and getting their

team mates to finish them off, resulting in many assists leading to more XP. This cannot happen as, if the system detects that the

player got 40 percent more assists than kills, example 10 kills and 14 assists, the XP will not be rewarded to the player. the only XP they

will receive is the XP from winning or losing XP from losing. All other players in the match who played properly are allowed to

receive the full benefit. NOTE: This only applies to normal assists. If you get more assists than kills because you

drove the Warthog or any other vehicle you will still receive the full benefit of XP. As long as the normal assists do not go 40 percent over.

Scenario 2: A player tried to boost in a match by getting higher skilled friends to easily beat lower skill level players so he could boost up. This would no longer happen because a system would be set up for Ranked Playlists ONLY where, you cannot party up with friends who are 7 skill ranks higher than you. In social playlists, you can party up with any rank. This means there must be 2 of every playlists but in a ranked and social form.

Hope you like it. Please provide feedback.

• Like 2

I like this idea too, and it's something I've been saying since the first Halo 4 ranking threads started popping up. EXP should be awarded and taken away for every action in a game, not just wins and losses. This is spot on, in my opinion, the only thing I'd add (and like somebody else said above), you need to add in stuff for objective type games as well.

Edit: Also, to avoid scenario 1 above, you could always switch it around so that kills are worth more than assists. +3 EXP for Kills, -3 EXP for deaths, +1 EXP for assists, +3 EXP for Wheelman assists.

• Like 1

Perfection = +20XP

I don't like this. There would need to be some perfection equivalent for objective games in order to justify giving xp for it. Unless, of course, there is a whole bunch of other ways to get xp in objective games, which I imagine there would be.

NOTE: These numbers are not final.To prevent people from abusing the system, here is some examples.

Scenario 1: A player decides to get no kills and camps somewhere shooting enemies until they have low health and getting their

team mates to finish them off, resulting in many assists leading to more XP. This cannot happen as, if the system detects that the

player got 40 percent more assists than kills, example 10 kills and 14 assists, the XP will not be rewarded to the player. the only XP they

will receive is the XP from winning or losing XP from losing. All other players in the match who played properly are allowed to

receive the full benefit. NOTE: This only applies to normal assists. If you get more assists than kills because you

drove the Warthog or any other vehicle you will still receive the full benefit of XP. As long as the normal assists do not go 40 percent over.

This would be so bad it's not even funny. Lets punish people for being amazing team players.

Scenario 2: A player tried to boost in a match by getting higher skilled friends to easily beat lower skill level players so he could boost up. This would no longer happen because a system would be set up for Ranked Playlists ONLY where, you cannot party up with friends who are 7 skill ranks higher than you. In social playlists, you can party up with any rank. This means there must be 2 of every playlists but in a ranked and social form.

I get the reasoning behind this but the reason of a party system in matchmaking is so that you can play with friends no matter how unbalanced you team may appear to be rank wise. It is the players decision as to who they group up to play with and boosting will always be an issue when there are ranks in games.

I gtg now but very quickly i will say this: I want to add in if you are rank 30 you can never derank past rank 28. If you are rank 32 you can never de rank past 30 ect ect. By intervals of 2.

This would only make the ranks system rewarding rather than risky. Knowing that you can play absolutely horribly for who knows how long and have no worries of severely deranking is a bad idea.

Deranking also would have to be countered. So it's likely that you won't lose xp by sitting there and dying. It is probably very complicated. Who knows? I like a system that awards you based on kills and assists, etc. But assists should be worth less than a real kill. Or be dynamic like CoD where it rewards you based on the amount of damage dealt. The CoD assist system is nice. Sorry to say it but it does reward those who get a kill barely stolen.