[DGL] - Official Announcement of the DGL

DoctorB77

Announcement+Banner.png

Official Announcement of the DGL

Hey guys, Doc here. I am very excited to announce the start of Doc's Gaming League. Please watch the video below for a brief description about the league and what it is all about.

Sorry of course for my horrible talking skills. Also I lied when I said that each season would last 3 months. They will actually go on for 4 months. Now you might think that is a very long time. But considering you are all given a new match weekly it makes sense. 12 weeks and 12 matches.

As said in the video there will be a forge contest that anyone here can participate in. They will be maps that can support 1v1 and 2v2 slayer games. They can of course support other gametypes but make sure you have them function well with slayer. The sign up thread will be up within the next couple of days. Then as said in the video you will get 2 weeks to complete and submit your map to me via PM.

After 2 weeks the League sign ups will begin. Forum members will have 5 days total to sign up and then your first match will be assigned the next Friday. The matches must be completed within 2 weeks of their announcement. Otherwise you will not receive any points for the scheduled game. All of your stats and ranks will be shown on the DGL webpage along with more information, ruels and extra. The link is listed at the bottom of this post.

As far as prizes go I hope that Twam will allow me to give awards to you all. One award being for participation in a season of the DGL and the next being an award for finishing in the top 3 slots of the leaderboard. I hope that if I get a paycheck I can award the victor of the season with microsoft points. The victor will be determined by a final game between the top two players of a season.

If you would like to help out with running this league please message me and state what type of things you would like to do as a league admin. Also send me a PM if you would want to be a judge during the forge contest for season 1.

Here is a Link to the DGL's webpage which I strongly suggest you check out :

Edited by Absolute Dog
Added links in the banner and cyan text.
  • Like 3

I am actually really annoyed now. I would really love to know more about this and I think I already would like to join but my stupid Windows 8 CP still does not give me sound, so I cannot watch the youtube video. :( Oh well. I'll have to get it working real quick then. I hope Twin is online...

I am actually really annoyed now. I would really love to know more about this and I think I already would like to join but my stupid Windows 8 CP still does not give me sound, so I cannot watch the youtube video. :( Oh well. I'll have to get it working real quick then. I hope Twin is online...

Don't worry the video did not contain much. Just a summary. Most of the information is on the website.

I would totally join if i had the time. Everytime i join a playdate, or tournement, I always am busy or forget and let my oppenent down. I'm gonna stay out of tourneys unless i know i can make it. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Doc I will join and support your league. I hope I am not the only member of the staff being represented here.

This is the truth. You know you've had my support since the very beginning so if you have a list please add us onto it. Also may I suggest providing a link to your awesome DGL Website?

• 2 weeks later...

Well. We didnt get enough players. Sorry guys. :(

DoctorB77 please hang in there! I have been working hard to get some things going and I really do like the idea you have here.

There will be things happening in the future that should help get your league more noticed and I would like to publicly say I want this to become the gaming league of this forum. DoctorB77 has spent a lot of time creating a support site for this league and I hope in the future to integrate forge contests with his events.

• Like 2

I'm in as well. Posted in the sign-up thread with GT. I will fully support your league as well as participate.

I believe there were 4 participants signed up. You stated you needed at least 7 for a short season...Absolute Dog, Zag and myself. Well heck, that's 7! We can begin this season and be ready for Season 2 by the time Halo 4 releases!

Ball is in your hands now Doc! Let's do this! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...