Bring 4 shot br back!

monty juice

So I've heard that the new br will be a 5 shot kill, I honestly think this will slow down the gameplay a lot! Firstly having a 5 shot br means it will take the average player 6-8 shots before getting the kill .... therefore it will be harder to get multi kills and ammo will deteriorate much quicker.Secondly everyone who plays halo 2/3 knows that people can get away quite easy if they wanted too.. and know that it is 5 shot people will just back down so often now that they can survive an extra few shots... additionally with the added sprint feature that helps people get away it seems everyone will just run and eat bullets in their back. 4 shots is perfect amount to kill, it has the best kill times that allows fast paced gameplay and the ability to achieve multi kills before reloading. please bring back the br we all love and don't p[lay around with weapons that have worked so well in the past...

/end rant

please let me know all your opinions

not exactly which weapons.... the carbine has been around since h3 dmr would be slower shooting but higher damage making it ideal for range, ar is the same old since halo 1/3/reach, uhh what weapons would need rebalancing?!? if they want to slow down kill times than the're slowing down gameplay and competitveness...

I honestly don't know what they would have to rebalance as all their weapons have worked perfectly in prior games?!?

not exactly which weapons.... the carbine has been around since h3 dmr would be slower shooting but higher damage making it ideal for range, ar is the same old since halo 1/3/reach, uhh what weapons would need rebalancing?!? if they want to slow down kill times than the're slowing down gameplay and competitveness...

I honestly don't know what they would have to rebalance as all their weapons have worked perfectly in prior games?!?

not really the BR was the god weapon in halo 2 and 3 if they kept it the same nothing could compete and then everyone uses the BR so its good there changing all the guns around a little bit.
  • Like 1

If the Br became a 4-shot kill, they would have to adjust the other weapons to keep the BR from being overpowered.

• Like 1

A friend of mine and I were playing some H3 yesterday for quite and while, kicking ass and having plenty of fun. Then we went to Reach. still had plenty of fun but we had to constantly deal with the fleeing issue due to sprint. This is not really that difficult to overcome, however. Work on those 'nade skills and everything is fine. Gameplay will continue at it's regular pace. No need for changes and I actually think the 5 shot adds more depth to the gameplay which makes it more appealing to both the series hardcore fans, and noobs alike.

• Like 2

work on nade skills is one thinng but now they also have a nade indicator which is also useless and noob friendly if you ask me..... for the br 4 shot thing, people rarely 4 shot thats why it's a skill weapon that in hands of someone good will have an advantage in many fights... but making it 5 ahot just takes away so much competitive aspect... look at sniper rifle its 1 shot kill but not everyone can do that consistently making it aswell a skillfull weapon

Sprint and grenades can counter each other wonderfully if used right. If someone is sprinting away, throw the grenade in front of them so they either have to run through it or stop.

As for br being a 5-shot, as long as it competes evenly with the dmr/carbine, that's fine. It lowers their effectiveness in close-quarters and allows for underrated closer range guns to come into play. More variety.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can stomach a 5 shot br but for god's sake take off recoil. Who wants recoil in the game??????????????? It's a mildly less annoying version of bloom. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY would you out bloom/recoil in a halo game????????? I want to kick frankie square in the nads.

yep the dmr is a 5 shot kill and shoots faster than the br so thats why i say br should be a 4 shot , dmr will be a 5, and the carbin will be a 6-7 because it has highest rate of fire, each having samke kill times but a very different feel to the weapons

Not anymore, kill times are almost identical now, between the DMR, BR and Carbine.

I agree that sprint will cause too many people to run away from a battle 1 shot. Sprint worked fine in Reach because only about 60% of all players routinely used sprint according to a poll Frankie released at the Comic Con panel. When the BR is supposed to be a mid range weapon, having it 5 shot will leave too many people running away 1 shot. The BR should be 4 shot. The carbine does not need to be rebalanced because it is meant to be a faster ROF rifle. The DMR would only have to be upped in damage for it to be effective as a 5 shot long range weapon.

I agree that sprint will cause too many people to run away from a battle 1 shot. Sprint worked fine in Reach because only about 60% of all players routinely used sprint according to a poll Frankie released at the Comic Con panel. When the BR is supposed to be a mid range weapon, having it 5 shot will leave too many people running away 1 shot. The BR should be 4 shot. The carbine does not need to be rebalanced because it is meant to be a faster ROF rifle. The DMR would only have to be upped in damage for it to be effective as a 5 shot long range weapon.

Remember, this time around, getting shot while sprinting causes you to stop sprinting. And the issue of running away is still there even if it is a 4 shot. They can get shot 3 times and run just as easy as getting shot 4 times and running.

Im just gonna say straight out what it think:

The BR in halo 3 were a bit over powered in my opinion, since it didnt really have any spread at all, the shots would go very far and it was a 4 shot kill, this is one reason why many people used it,another is that in some game modes you spawned with it and it could aslo be found in almost every corner in every map.

And because it was so easy to find, other weapons were kinda useless, since the BR were good in every situation, from cqb to long range.

Have you ever tried using a other weapon, like plasma rifles, spikers or something against a BR player?

How many times have you had another TOD than BR?

I stopped playing halo 3 since it was so monotonous when everybody used the BR, and thats why i think its good that 343 are going to make it a 5 shot kill, this means less players will use it and it will come more variaty in the game.

• Like 1

Getting a 4-shot with a br takes skill. A perfectly used br SHOULD beat a perfectly used spiker because the spiker doesn't take skill. Wow, the more I read this forum, the more I realize that the competitive halo community is in trouble.

Is it fair to surmise, then, that you do not believe that skill should be a factor in determining a game's outcome? If all you want is a 50-50 chance to win, go flip coins with all the other losers.

Im just gonna say straight out what it think:

The BR in halo 3 were a bit over powered in my opinion, since it didnt really have any spread at all, the shots would go very far and it was a 4 shot kill, this is one reason why many people used it,another is that in some game modes you spawned with it and it could aslo be found in almost every corner in every map.

And because it was so easy to find, other weapons were kinda useless, since the BR were good in every situation, from cqb to long range.

Have you ever tried using a other weapon, like plasma rifles, spikers or something against a BR player?

How many times have you had another TOD than BR?

I stopped playing halo 3 since it was so monotonous when everybody used the BR, and thats why i think its good that 343 are going to make it a 5 shot kill, this means less players will use it and it will come more variaty in the game.

Exactly. They killed way too fast. When you got shot, no matter what, if you were shot first, you died. In Reach, you still had a chance due to being able to react.

Getting a 4-shot with a br takes skill. A perfectly used br SHOULD beat a perfectly used spiker because the spiker doesn't take skill. Wow, the more I read this forum, the more I realize that the competitive halo community is in trouble.

Is it fair to surmise, then, that you do not believe that skill should be a factor in determining a game's outcome? If all you want is a 50-50 chance to win, go flip coins with all the other losers.

As does a 5 shot. Surely you can get one more headshot in? Besides, every weapon takes a certain skill. You say a spiker takes no skill. Well, that is the same as saying an assault rifle takes no skill. The same as saying a plasma rifle takes no skill. They seem easy enough to use, but a plasma rifle or spiker, when used properly, can kill a DMR wielding enemy. In Halo 3, the BR simply killed too fast. Of course, skill was needed badly for it to be fast, but eventually, people learned.

Again, don't let your behavior get worse, for your sake. The mods offer no forgiveness when people get out of hand. Just be careful with your words and how you use them. That is all I mean. I hate to see users get punished because they don't see both sides of the coin.

• Like 2