Halo 4 drops to 4th place on Xbox live

Adam91

xbox_live_logo.png

According to Major Nelson Halo 4 has now dropped to 4th place on the Xbox live activity chart with Black Op's II at the top, Minecraft in second and Fifa Soccer 13 in third.

Here is the List of the 20 most played games on xbox live from the week of January 7th.

1.Call of Duty: Black Ops II

2.Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

3.EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

4.Halo 4

5.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

6.NBA 2K13

7.Skyrim

8.Call of Duty: Black Ops

9.Madden NFL 13

10.Battlefield 3

11.Assassin’s Creed III

12.Far Cry 3

13.Modern Warfare 2

14.GTA IV

15.Borderlands 2

16.Gears of War 3

17.Halo: Reach

18.Forza Motorsport 4

19.Forza Horizon

20.EA SPORTS NHL 13

View full article

Guest JustBingHonest

There's probably a month left to fix H4 if it wants to retain any semblance of a respectable population. Metal Gear & Crysis Feb 19th, Gears Mar 19th. I think it's beyond fixing myself. A couple tweaks and new playlists aren't going to change the fact that the game just isn't fun.

Halo 4 will probably stay within the 3-6th range for a long time. The updates being added to the game late this month and mid- February will probably won't bring back much of the population but will entertain me for another month and a half. Though the game may not have reached the expectation of some people/ or so i am told doesnt mean it is not better than every game out at the moment. Since call of duty bo2 is #1 on the charts i am compelled to believe that it isnt the quality of the game that makes it better BUT something else because i feel that borderlands 2 and halo 4 are the best game of the year but there positions dont show it..

Okay, let's all be honest... Halo 4 has no competition. It might be number 4 on the list, but look who's above them... Black Ops 2-Probably the most "noob-friendly" franchise that has entered the gaming community in the last 4 years. Multiplayer is just utter chaos that revolves around nothing but experience and stats. Keep in mind Halo 4 is bringing in True Skill early this year. And Minecraft..? Okay it's pretty cool that xbox has a game of such creativity within landscapes, but is it anything that the halo 4 community should be concerned about? No. And FIFA 13 is based on the most popular sport in the world. A sport that is literally "life" for millions of people across the world who view the game as part of their cultural values...

And for Halo 4.. Well in my opinion (and you'd have to be pretty naive to disagree) is the best Halo in the current four game series. The graphics, gameplay, an weapons are unmatched. The game is flat out astonishing. And with True skill the game will be even better. Any gamer who grabs the control and can't 5 shot a BK isn't going to find the game that fun. The franchise has always based itself around players who are more tactically sound. If any person could just pick up the controller and be amazing, then the series would have been a complete bust. #4 is respectable, and in this case shows how not just "anyone" can play Halo 4.

Thank you for your time.

Okay, let's all be honest... Halo 4 has no competition. It might be number 4 on the list, but look who's above them... Black Ops 2-Probably the most "noob-friendly" franchise that has entered the gaming community in the last 4 years. Multiplayer is just utter chaos that revolves around nothing but experience and stats. Keep in mind Halo 4 is bringing in True Skill early this year. And Minecraft..? Okay it's pretty cool that xbox has a game of such creativity within landscapes, but is it anything that the halo 4 community should be concerned about? No. And FIFA 13 is based on the most popular sport in the world. A sport that is literally "life" for millions of people across the world who view the game as part of their cultural values...

And for Halo 4.. Well in my opinion (and you'd have to be pretty naive to disagree) is the best Halo in the current four game series. The graphics, gameplay, an weapons are unmatched. The game is flat out astonishing. And with True skill the game will be even better. Any gamer who grabs the control and can't 5 shot a BK isn't going to find the game that fun. The franchise has always based itself around players who are more tactically sound. If any person could just pick up the controller and be amazing, then the series would have been a complete bust. #4 is respectable, and in this case shows how not just "anyone" can play Halo 4.

Thank you for your time.

Halo 4 has no competition? Anyone can play Halo? I am sorry but there is no logic. Tell ya what, I will get my friends 4 year old brother and let him play Halo 4, because based on your logic, anyone can play Halo 4.

...Forge DLC? everything else to me was perfect except for the lack of "infinity" game options...the limitations to customs, and well forge has some nice added features but the ones that were taken out can never be replaced.. i Know 343 had a LOT of stress in making the Perfect campaign and the enjoyable'/challenging/surprising spartan ops...but Certain Affinity...i just don't understand what your doing... programmings a pain..but this is a very popular game...with lots of memories including the only reason i started playing games.. I'm not going to whine or complain you for doing a great job...i love playing this game but i feel like something is missing i don't feel like playing Halo 4 as much as the other Halo's which makes me sad....i hope this game is in beta form still i'd hate to see Halo slowly crumble and not go out with a BANG. It still feels original but i would like my original options that didn't seem to have to be "fixed" or taken out...

I agree with smg, delphin9 and justbinghonest. but minecraft? I think that game is good and all but that's all my friends talk about now these days. minecraft minecraft minecraft. it gets SO old! and call of duty bo, bo2 and mw3 are just stupid now. they are repetitive! I miss the old days when gaming was clean and everyone was nice. before cod. i'm not surprised halo: reach is almost at the bottom. good game and all but since halo 4... it's been dieing down a lot! and I think that assassins creed III should be up there. i'm surprised it is in the middle. halo 4 will probably drop down two more places. I hoped that far cry and battle field would be more up there too.

Guest FREEDOM COBRA 1

...Forge DLC? everything else to me was perfect except for the lack of "infinity" game options...the limitations to customs, and well forge has some nice added features but the ones that were taken out can never be replaced.. i Know 343 had a LOT of stress in making the Perfect campaign and the enjoyable'/challenging/surprising spartan ops...but Certain Affinity...i just don't understand what your doing... programmings a pain..but this is a very popular game...with lots of memories including the only reason i started playing games.. I'm not going to whine or complain you for doing a great job...i love playing this game but i feel like something is missing i don't feel like playing Halo 4 as much as the other Halo's which makes me sad....i hope this game is in beta form still i'd hate to see Halo slowly crumble and not go out with a BANG. It still feels original but i would like my original options that didn't seem to have to be "fixed" or taken out...

I can at least understand this arguement, but now that 343i has more xp I'm sure H5 will have more features added and returning(Brute Weapons/Vehicles FTW!).

Thank you for your time.

You do realize that the new COD does have an actual ranking system that is similar to Starcraft 2's bracket system, and actual competitive COD-play is completely different than your typical Team Deathmatch. The ranking system in Starcraft 2 and Black Ops 2 are more reflective of your actual-skill than True Skill because it is based on individual and team performance and not if a player is able to just play with a great team. Reaching a place in the Master-Tier in the former ranking system actually speaks volumes on the player's skill more so than a number. Halo 3 is a prime example of how flawed that ranking system can be due to the high number of players that were 40+, but in Halo 2 would have never been able to achieve that rank or anywhere near it. Halo has become more noob-friendly than COD. At least COD doesn't continue to change-up their gun-mechanics and game-play every iteration, but keeps it about the same (except MW2 which was the gaudiest of all the CODs). Each Halo since Halo 2 has seen a larger increase in the dumbing down of the gameplay and mechanics in order to appeal to the masses. There is a reason that it has been taken out of MLG's circuit this year.

You do realize that the new COD does have an actual ranking system that is similar to Starcraft 2's bracket system, and actual competitive COD-play is completely different than your typical Team Deathmatch. The ranking system in Starcraft 2 and Black Ops 2 are more reflective of your actual-skill than True Skill because it is based on individual and team performance and not if a player is able to just play with a great team. Reaching a place in the Master-Tier in the former ranking system actually speaks volumes on the player's skill more so than a number. Halo 3 is a prime example of how flawed that ranking system can be due to the high number of players that were 40+, but in Halo 2 would have never been able to achieve that rank or anywhere near it. Halo has become more noob-friendly than COD. At least COD doesn't continue to change-up their gun-mechanics and game-play every iteration, but keeps it about the same (except MW2 which was the gaudiest of all the CODs). Each Halo since Halo 2 has seen a larger increase in the dumbing down of the gameplay and mechanics in order to appeal to the masses. There is a reason that it has been taken out of MLG's circuit this year.

Call of duty is a horrible game, hence the name duty AKA "poop"

Nobody plays Starcraft 2 bro.

kidding me? in MLG Dallas of November 2012, that was thee 2nd largest section compared to Halo 4, and many people in the world revel in its strategic game set. in south korea it is practically a damn national sport! (totally not exaggerating!) and majority of Asian countrys play it like no other