Black Op's II Currently Holds Top Place On XBL Charts

Adam91

blackops2-halo4.png

It appears Black OPS II currently holds the top of the charts for most played game on Xbox Live.

Read below for more deatils.

Source: Game Informer

As expected, Halo 4's reign at the top spot on Xbox Live activity charts was short lived. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 took over when it released on November 13.

The top 20 below is activity through November 19 per Major Nelson:

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Halo 4

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Assassin’s Creed III

NBA 2K13

Modern Warfare 2

Madden NFL 13

Battlefield 3

Borderlands 2

Skyrim

GTA IV

Halo: Reach

Gears of War 3

FIFA 12

Forza Motorsport 4

Hitman: Absolution

Forza Horizon

View full article

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all the little 6 year olds who think that playing a "realistic and mature" game is better than playing a game with an actual story...

oddly enough that makes sense.lol

Of course Black Ops II will take first. Anytime a Call of Duty game is released it takes 1st on the charts. A big part of that is release planning. Call of Duty always waits to release their game after another big title releases. People generally play the newest game. Halo 4 released before BOII. But, it's all personal preference. I prefer Halo simply because I grew up with it and it always adds variety with each game. Call of Duty changes, but it's still the same repetive gameplay.

Guest Gamertag: STAftermath

CoD is for those people who can't get good at other FPS's. I have Black Ops II as well, but even having it I barely play it over Halo 4. The game that takes less effort to get good at (just like the rest), and sometimes "realism" will always be at the top. There is virtually no skill gap in any CoDs other than the first MW (arguably). Not to mention every CoD after two weeks is boring, multiplayer at least. I kind of wish I red box'd the game rather than buying it because Wal Marts return policy is ass cheeks.

343 has done an amazing job with Halo 4, truly. Playing halo for slightly longer than half my life (I'm 21), Halo 4 is the best installment in the series since 2. The only reason I even purchased the original xbox were for halo and 2, and those are the only games I've ever owned for that console. I had some doubts for H4 after Reach, but they listened to the community from both ends, leisure gamers and competitive. There's no way anyone who bashes Halo 4 has any skill in the game, and therefore plays CoD for a longer duration. And I'm not bashing CoD in anyway, Infinity Ward and Treyarchs' success speaks for itself, but these are just the facts.

Guest Zakkiee

I don't care about how many people are playing CoD. What I do care about is why Halo has lost it's touch. There are fewer people playing H4 after a few weeks then in H3 after a year.

I am pretty sure that's mainly because both HR and H4 don't have a skill based ranking system ( I know H4 has a system coming up and we will have to wait and see).

this is true i still play halo 4 but im capped at 70 the games are well seem rigged i shoot at a guy guy dissapears then zips across map to safety and i suddenly die randomly yea its not fun so i usually play spartan ops by myself the multiplayer experience hasnt been the best lately perhaps people doing a lag switch or the servers arent working isnta bad game just would have been nice to not be held back from ranking up or kill a guy i no **** shot a person in the head who wasnt moving with the dmr a whole clip but he didnt die then he turns melees me and i die i mean wheres the fun in that if people have hacked and modded halo 4 well there goes that game good luck with halo 5 i guess.

Halo 4 Multiplayer is pretty bad overall, instaspawn nd random weapon spawn is probably the dumbest thing I could possibly think of to put into a game like Halo..

Halo 3 was better in everyway and so was Halo 2.

So long Halo.

I've been a Halo fan from day one, and that is all that matters. MW1 and MW2 were good games, the first Black Ops was so bad, a cheap imitation of MW. MW3 pissed me off because of how Activision treated Call of Duty Elite, the website didn't work at all, the awards for playing in events if you managed to register for them were impossible to win because of cheaters. Their clan events didn't launch for nearly a year, the customer support was really bad as they ignored the gamers. It really felt like all they were interested in was the gamers money. What's even more sad is that they continued to advertise their COD Elite service on Facebook and TV as if the service was fully functional when it wasn't!

Because of this, I will never buy another COD game, it's the same thing over and over anyway, it just looks different.

because the missing specializations aren't out,anybody capped at 70,isn't playing halo till the credits can count.

The cap has been removed for a long time... the max is 130 again. although 130 isn't super high, you have to actually pay some real attention to the game....