Halo 4 ranking system

ChiefKillercow

I was just thinking, how many people would like the old Halo 2 ranking system. Where it was always changing and you couldn't get the max level and just stay there. I personally loved in Halo 2 always trying to win and get the level 30, that pressure of having a win streak going and not wanting to lose a level was always a thrill. Anyone else share the same wants as me for something similar to the Halo 2 ranking system?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

what halo 4 needs is the halo 2 rank system. the halo 2 rank system made sure everybody was trying their hardest every game and it made sure you were getting pared up with kids that were at the same skill level as you were to make the game even more competitive. when i played halo 2, i knew that if i didnt bring my A game then my rank would go down and it would make me try even harder to get that rank back up to where it was and possibily even higher than before. when i play halo reach now, i lay down on the couch with a bag of chips next to me, my phone, and some music playing as well and i know that if i loose, i wouldnt care because you still get rewarded for loosing and that shouldnt happen! you shouldnt get rewarded for loosing this isnt call of duty. Halo became one of the greatest games ever because the rank system was created by people who said, "hey lets make the game competive so we can have players play for hours and truly love our game." when halo reach came out the developers said "lets make a rank system that is similar to call of duty because everbody plays call of duty so they would then want to play our game." look at the ammount of people who actually play reach now, the number of kids who play is about 100,000 less than the people who played halo 3. thats because there is no competitive rank system to keep the players coming back for more. Halo 3 had it perfect, raked and social matches. social matches was a place where you can relax and have fun with friends goofing off and enjoying the game, and for noobs. the ranked matches is where the true gamers would play with their headsets and would play on a little 19 inch monitor to make sure they were at their best and to win as many games as possible to get to the highest rank they possibly can. For the perfect game, halo 4 needs the halo 3 matchmaking system and the halo 2 ranking system for the best possible game and possibly the greatest game since halo 2. its up to 343 to make this happen, and i have faith they would.

• Like 5

if you have halo waypoint, you've probably seen the BPR ranking that it has. I think it stands for Battle Percentage Rank. waypoint gives each player a number from 1 to 100 based on kills, deaths, wins, KDR, and lots of other stuff. Its possible to have a high BPR when you're only a low rank because you can have a higher win percentage and KDR than a higher ranked player. For example, my rank in reach right now is field marshall and my BPR is 73. I have friends who have ranks like eclipse and such, and i have a higher BPR than them. the BPR system seems very reliable and i would like to see it used in matchmaking

Halo 2's ranking system was sooooooo broken.

1-40 = competetive

40-50 = noobs/boosters/hackers

nobody should be punished for being a good halo player.

that was only becuase cheating was rife, the ranking system wasnt broken people cheated to get high ranks that doesnt mean the ranking system was broken. its like saying people boost achievements to get high gamerscore so the achievement system is soooooooooo broken. dumb post

• Like 2

if you have halo waypoint, you've probably seen the BPR ranking that it has. I think it stands for Battle Percentage Rank. waypoint gives each player a number from 1 to 100 based on kills, deaths, wins, KDR, and lots of other stuff. Its possible to have a high BPR when you're only a low rank because you can have a higher win percentage and KDR than a higher ranked player. For example, my rank in reach right now is field marshall and my BPR is 73. I have friends who have ranks like eclipse and such, and i have a higher BPR than them. the BPR system seems very reliable and i would like to see it used in matchmaking

BPR is only based on K/D sorry. You need 2.0 to 100 bpr, 1.50 to 75 bpr, 1.0 to 50 bpr and less for other bprs

Halo 2's ranking system was sooooooo broken.

1-40 = competetive

40-50 = noobs/boosters/hackers

nobody should be punished for being a good halo player.

I was a 48 and I was too much good, a lot of people told me I was an hacker/modder/lagswitcher/booster/and insults of all genders...

that was only becuase cheating was rife, the ranking system wasnt broken people cheated to get high ranks that doesnt mean the ranking system was broken. its like saying people boost achievements to get high gamerscore so the achievement system is soooooooooo broken. dumb post

The system was broken because it was easily cheated and had a discernible effect on the quality of gameplay. Therefore you need a better less broken system. If you need somebody to explain that to you then don't reply.

The system was broken because it was easily cheated and had a discernible effect on the quality of gameplay. Therefore you need a better less broken system. If you need somebody to explain that to you then don't reply.

no the ranking system wasnt broken you won around 3 games and you would level up lost 3 go down, it worked fine everyone knew where they stood. the problem was back then online gaming was in its infancy and halo 2 was THE game where everyone discovered ways to force host and have modded profiles to make them win. The ranking system had nothing to do with people modding.

BPR is only based on K/D sorry. You need 2.0 to 100 bpr, 1.50 to 75 bpr, 1.0 to 50 bpr and less for other bprs

I was a 48 and I was too much good, a lot of people told me I was an hacker/modder/lagswitcher/booster/and insults of all genders...

"Battle Proficiency Rating (BPR) is a number between 1 and 100 representing a play's overall skill in Halo:Reach's multiplayer mode. This rating tracks your Kills, Wins, Assists, Deaths, and Betrayals across all matches played." That's a direct quote from Halo Waypoint.

It can't get too much easier than Reach. All you really had to do was show up to the game and you would eventually level up.

That is true, they need to have the halo 2 ranking system, it was more challenging and actually made you a better player.

• Like 1

Halo 2 ranking was great. Basically, every ranked game from level 25 onwards was EXTREMELY competitive, and gave more of an importance streaks. I miss that..

For those of you who haven't played H2, it was somewhat similar to H3's ranking system except that going 1 to 45 wasn't easymode.

I understand that they want to implement something that prevents boosting. But please for the love of all that is good, bring back an actual RANKing system that promotes competition again.. Even Starcraft's will suffice. But CoD or Reach? That makes me /facepalm.

• Like 2

Halo 2 ranking was great. Basically, every ranked game from level 25 onwards was EXTREMELY competitive, and gave more of an importance streaks. I miss that..

For those of you who haven't played H2, it was somewhat similar to H3's ranking system except that going 1 to 45 wasn't easymode.

I understand that they want to implement something that prevents boosting. But please for the love of all that is good, bring back an actual RANKing system that promotes competition again.. Even Starcraft's will suffice. But CoD or Reach? That makes me /facepalm.

I agree, the reason Starcraft's works so well is that it visibly shows where you are ranked among the community. If you are in platinum level you and ranked 1st you know you are above average. IF you get into diamond, masters, and then grand masters you know you are getting to a very competitive level. But I honestly rather have the H2 1-50 system.

• Like 1

no the ranking system wasnt broken you won around 3 games and you would level up lost 3 go down, it worked fine everyone knew where they stood. the problem was back then online gaming was in its infancy and halo 2 was THE game where everyone discovered ways to force host and have modded profiles to make them win. The ranking system had nothing to do with people modding.

What I mean by broken is that it can be circumvented easily. Unless the ranking system means to let people cheat their way to the top it isn't working the way it was supposed to thus why I'm saying its broken.

What I mean by broken is that it can be circumvented easily. Unless the ranking system means to let people cheat their way to the top it isn't working the way it was supposed to thus why I'm saying its broken.

again the ranking system in halo 2 was not broken it leveled people up and down in an easy and predictable way it worked perfectly. cheaters found a way to cheat the system and hence get high ranks, however the ranking system is only there to provide a method of ranking players on performance its not there to detect cheats. what about that dont you understand? team A is modding and beats team B, the system recognizes team A has won and awards EXP thats all it does.

again the ranking system in halo 2 was not broken it leveled people up and down in an easy and predictable way it worked perfectly. cheaters found a way to cheat the system and hence get high ranks, however the ranking system is only there to provide a method of ranking players on performance its not there to detect cheats. what about that dont you understand? team A is modding and beats team B, the system recognizes team A has won and awards EXP thats all it does.

Its there to place people with of equal skill levels together... not place a good player with a booster. Thats its JOB. If it isn't doing its JOB then it isn't working correctly.

jeez, Its such a simple concept.

• Like 2