Halo 4 ranking system

ChiefKillercow

The reason Halo 3 had quite a large amount of boosters was mainly because of matchmaking filtering exploits, such as pressing Prefer This Player for your booster buddies, switching the language to something like German and checking on Search Only For My Language. Plus, many achievements such as the nigh-impossible 2 for 1 laser kill in Lone Wolves promoted and encouraged boosting, making more people in the playerbase aware of these methods that can be exploited.

1) Add ranked playlists along with social

2) Get rid of boosting exploits

3) ???

4) Profit.

Really?? Is everyone still crying about this??? If you want the competitiveness then set up on gamebattles, the rank in the game DOES NOT MATTER. They are obviously doing it similar if not the same as reach for customization reasons. I'm sure there will be playlists for those that want more competitiveness, and if not, again... There is numerous sites like gamebattles to compete on for crying out loud.....

• Like 1

what halo 4 needs is the halo 2 rank system. the halo 2 rank system made sure everybody was trying their hardest every game and it made sure you were getting pared up with kids that were at the same skill level as you were to make the game even more competitive. when i played halo 2, i knew that if i didnt bring my A game then my rank would go down and it would make me try even harder to get that rank back up to where it was and possibily even higher than before. when i play halo reach now, i lay down on the couch with a bag of chips next to me, my phone, and some music playing as well and i know that if i loose, i wouldnt care because you still get rewarded for loosing and that shouldnt happen! you shouldnt get rewarded for loosing this isnt call of duty. Halo became one of the greatest games ever because the rank system was created by people who said, "hey lets make the game competive so we can have players play for hours and truly love our game." when halo reach came out the developers said "lets make a rank system that is similar to call of duty because everbody plays call of duty so they would then want to play our game." look at the ammount of people who actually play reach now, the number of kids who play is about 100,000 less than the people who played halo 3. thats because there is no competitive rank system to keep the players coming back for more. Halo 3 had it perfect, raked and social matches. social matches was a place where you can relax and have fun with friends goofing off and enjoying the game, and for noobs. the ranked matches is where the true gamers would play with their headsets and would play on a little 19 inch monitor to make sure they were at their best and to win as many games as possible to get to the highest rank they possibly can. For the perfect game, halo 4 needs the halo 3 matchmaking system and the halo 2 ranking system for the best possible game and possibly the greatest game since halo 2. its up to 343 to make this happen, and i have faith they would.

I couldn't agree with you more, I hate how they made it so similar to COD. I do the exact same thing, lay back and don't really care about the game with social but in competitive I am all in trying my hardest which is what makes the game fun for me. Whether or not they have a ranking system like halo 2/3 will be the deciding factor as to whether I buy the game or just rent it for a weekend

Really?? Is everyone still crying about this??? If you want the competitiveness then set up on gamebattles, the rank in the game DOES NOT MATTER. They are obviously doing it similar if not the same as reach for customization reasons. I'm sure there will be playlists for those that want more competitiveness, and if not, again... There is numerous sites like gamebattles to compete on for crying out loud.....

I somewhat agree with you. People like the challenge in getting to a specific rank, well it may not have been extremely difficult, but it is definitely there in Reach. They are going to definitely have some sort of ranking system, but if you are not going to like it, go onto these websites that you are ranked differently. It is not that difficult to find what you want even though it is not implemented within the game.

• Like 1

@Bighungry2x exactly. Would I like to see things done differently to an extent... Yes... But the game is the game, either play it or don't. I just get sick of people claiming there is no competitiveness anymore. When there are plenty of options for competition. Also btw Bighungry2x I sent you that FR on XBL

I have posted a thread on this matter, how the ranking system will work. Unfortunately, no, it is not the halo 2 ranking system. I will explain:

To summarize, they are merging the halo reach ranking system and the halo 3 ranking system. How this works, is that they have brought back a variant of halo reach credits. They are different, however. Credits now are not used for ranking up, but only to purchase armor, weapons, equipment, and other things for your custom loadout. Also, they are no longer called credits. They do not yet have an official name for them, but they are temporarily called "Spartan Points".

Now, the halo 3 aspect. They implemented the idea of halo 3's system, by again making it 1-50, with a corresponding symbol from reach, that may be altered. They have also brought back EXP. This is what will rank you up to the next level. EXP is presumably earned how it was in halo 3; winning games. We are unsure how many games you must win for however much EXP, however.

Like I had touched on a little in the above text, your rank will appear as a symbol as well as a number. I am not certain, but I think the symbols may be the same as halo reach. So with that, I will use an example. You have just started playing, and you rank up from Recruit, or level one. You would then rank up to Private, Level two. And so on, until you are an Inheritor, Level Fifty.

I hope this explanation cleared things up for those that were wondering. Thank you for reading!

-Bullet

@Bighungry2x exactly. Would I like to see things done differently to an extent... Yes... But the game is the game, either play it or don't. I just get sick of people claiming there is no competitiveness anymore. When there are plenty of options for competition. Also btw Bighungry2x I sent you that FR on XBL

Oh, right. Ill be on sometime soon, I do not get too much time online. But weekends are good for me.

• 3 weeks later...

what halo 4 needs is the halo 2 rank system. the halo 2 rank system made sure everybody was trying their hardest every game and it made sure you were getting pared up with kids that were at the same skill level as you were to make the game even more competitive. when i played halo 2, i knew that if i didnt bring my A game then my rank would go down and it would make me try even harder to get that rank back up to where it was and possibily even higher than before. when i play halo reach now, i lay down on the couch with a bag of chips next to me, my phone, and some music playing as well and i know that if i loose, i wouldnt care because you still get rewarded for loosing and that shouldnt happen! you shouldnt get rewarded for loosing this isnt call of duty. Halo became one of the greatest games ever because the rank system was created by people who said, "hey lets make the game competive so we can have players play for hours and truly love our game." when halo reach came out the developers said "lets make a rank system that is similar to call of duty because everbody plays call of duty so they would then want to play our game." look at the ammount of people who actually play reach now, the number of kids who play is about 100,000 less than the people who played halo 3. thats because there is no competitive rank system to keep the players coming back for more. Halo 3 had it perfect, raked and social matches. social matches was a place where you can relax and have fun with friends goofing off and enjoying the game, and for noobs. the ranked matches is where the true gamers would play with their headsets and would play on a little 19 inch monitor to make sure they were at their best and to win as many games as possible to get to the highest rank they possibly can. For the perfect game, halo 4 needs the halo 3 matchmaking system and the halo 2 ranking system for the best possible game and possibly the greatest game since halo 2. its up to 343 to make this happen, and i have faith they would.

He is reading minds! He is talking about something he really knows!

It's 5 am here in germany and I just signed up to post my thoughts about this upcoming halo 4 ranking system.

343i is talking about halo and all that stuff and that they try to do the best to get it as perfect as possible.

But it just won't happen!

The game will be fun, but that's it! No Ranks!

I grew up with halo and yeah it is a part of my life!

If halo will not start a comeback with a halo 2 ranking system it will not be a halo!

Halo reach is no halo for me!

I mean I win every game, every single game!!!

And this is not fun! It is boring as hell! People are

quitting out almost every game, because they don't care!

I am playing team doubles and every games end up 25:0 25:1!!! It is no fun for the noobs I have to play against and it is no fun for good players! MLG playlist and I have to play with people who don't know what they have to do! I play against the highest rank ! and I get and easy win because these ranks mean nothing! They only tell me that those kids played way to much or farmed credits ? Even this word farming !!! This word doesn't belong to halo!

Why not make social and ranked playlists again?

Every good game has ranks! And even games like assassins creed started with ranks!

And those games just make more fun because there is something you need to fight for !

I don't get why not only one person from bungie or 343i says: hey guys, let's add ranks to halo again like in halo 2 and let's see what happens!

I swear if halo had ranks again it would be insane!

The number of players being online would raise and never end!

BUT

It's simple:

343i want people buy there game and have a good time. There are more bad players then good players so they decided to remove the skill!

It's all about the money!

If they make a title update for halo 4 adding real ranks like in halo 2 then I will make a video dancing to Justin Bieber music and post it somewhere here!!!

I want halo back ;,(

Okay, I have worked out a bit from Bullet's post and other posts around here. Like Bullet said, you get XP. But I highly doubt it is for winning or losing only. That is a very unaccurate system.

My Thoughts:

I think it is also based on kills, deaths, betrayals, quitting, completing games, etc. Each positive action would net you XP. Each negative action would lose some. Therefore, you could rank down and such. This is more accurate. So, getting a full lobby to spawn-kill in grifball would serve no purpose. Getting a full team to successfully lock the other team down still would. However, community playlists would probably either net you less, or no XP to prevent boosting. I hope this is true. If so, we can rest assured that the system will be accurate. As long as XP gains and losses for kills and deaths are equal, there is even more hope.

So far, we know each rank you achieve, you earn a set amount of Spartan Points to unlock armor, weapons, armor abilities, packages, etc. Whether deranking to re-earn a rank would net more SP or not is unknown.

• Like 1

What's the point in guessing what the rank system could be like? It will not be like halo 2,3 ranking so it will be bad !

It will be a noob friendly game again like reach! It will be fun but it will not challenge good players!

Therefore it will be boring like reach and people gonna be upset. But 343i doesn't care about people who are good, because there are only maybe 10.000 good players and the rest are casual players who just want to mess arround

In big team battle and other playlists.

It makes me so upset. What is the problem with a ranking system using levels from 1-50?

Best example is call of duty. Every game has prestige and goes up to level 80! And people press prestige almost every time because they want to have the highest rank and the best looking prestige. This is what keeps people keeps playing! This is the motivation!

I like halo 2 and 3 because if you lose you will lose your level ! Having a 50 in MLG or any other playlist had a meaning !

This is the biggest problem halo has to solve!

Halo needs to get back a halo 2 ranking! Why do you want something new if it worked out so well and not only in halo !

What's the point in guessing what the rank system could be like? It will not be like halo 2,3 ranking so it will be bad !

It will be a noob friendly game again like reach! It will be fun but it will not challenge good players!

Therefore it will be boring like reach and people gonna be upset. But 343i doesn't care about people who are good, because there are only maybe 10.000 good players and the rest are casual players who just want to mess arround

In big team battle and other playlists.

It makes me so upset. What is the problem with a ranking system using levels from 1-50?

Best example is call of duty. Every game has prestige and goes up to level 80! And people press prestige almost every time because they want to have the highest rank and the best looking prestige. This is what keeps people keeps playing! This is the motivation!

I like halo 2 and 3 because if you lose you will lose your level ! Having a 50 in MLG or any other playlist had a meaning !

This is the biggest problem halo has to solve!

Halo needs to get back a halo 2 ranking! Why do you want something new if it worked out so well and not only in halo !

Actually, my/bullet's posts are the most accurate representation of what we can expect. You obviously have a closed mind in this. It is a mix of Halo 3 and reach. By that, they mean you get or lose XP based on kills deaths, headshots, assassinations, winning, losing, etc. So honestly, I don't get what you are so POed about. It is better than any other ranking system I have ever heard of. As long as the gain for an action is equal to the loss for the exact opposite action,(Kills, deaths) we can rest assured that it will be an excellent system.

Plus, only you can see your rank.

Only yourself is able to see your rank?

Yeah, definitely the best ranking system ...

Well post a pic of your rank online. I honestly think that that is the smallest problem here. Maybe they'll update it later to become visible? They gave playlist ranks to 3 that way, so it is possible...

At least it is going to be a better system like reach has.

But it still isn't enough.

Why did they remove the ranking system?

I mean this is not halo: reach, it is halo 4!

Gameplay will probably be very nice, but that isn't enough for keeping people playing for a long time.

We will see how it will be in

November.