•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (22 August 2019 - 09:07 PM) Welcome to the forums, tibunlomru! :welcome: View tibunlomru's Profile
@  343iBot : (22 August 2019 - 08:14 PM) Welcome to the forums, SparkKemppi! :welcome: View SparkKemppi's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (22 August 2019 - 07:38 PM) Oof
@  Maestro : (22 August 2019 - 06:11 PM) all right, who got complacent?
@  343iBot : (22 August 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, JeremyMam! :welcome: View JeremyMam's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (22 August 2019 - 01:04 PM)
@  Halo6 Follower : (22 August 2019 - 09:03 AM) Great thanks buddo! Yourself?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (22 August 2019 - 09:01 AM) How we all doing?
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 August 2019 - 07:46 PM) I think that worked, none in the last 10 hours
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 August 2019 - 09:34 AM) Lol
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 August 2019 - 09:25 AM) Crap crap crap
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 11:36 PM) Welcome to the forums, Williamfueft! :welcome: View Williamfueft's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 05:28 PM) Welcome to the forums, latamdateyic! :welcome: View latamdateyic's Profile
@  Maestro : (20 August 2019 - 04:11 PM) 343iBot needs to denounce her fellow spambots
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 03:59 PM) Welcome to the forums, ukrainegirlshlc! :welcome: View ukrainegirlshlc's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 03:45 PM) Welcome to the forums, ObrabotkaOtKleschey! :welcome: View ObrabotkaOtKleschey's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 09:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, CecilBusty! :welcome: View CecilBusty's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 03:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, GeorgeSug! :welcome: View GeorgeSug's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 11:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianerE! :welcome: View BrianerE's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 05:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, pavingLadia! :welcome: View pavingLadia's Profile

Photo

A Special Side Project

Halo Crossover Smash Bros Project M SSBB Mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TDM

TDM

King of the Disappearing Act

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Fox Is My Main
  • LocationThe 343i Community Forum
4    5          2         

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

Hello everyone, it is I, TDM (also most commonly known as The Dumb Marine). While I have been taking absence for a while, like I always do, I have still been slightly active on Discord, showing tidbits of something I've been hard at work on for over a year...

Disclaimer: Everything you are about to witness in this thread is still in development and subject to change! Remember this going forward.

Secondary Disclaimer: Modding your copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl is voiding the warranty of your game and console, and while I doubt anyone doesn't have any kind of warranty anymore, I wouldn't say go and totally do this at home. I also don't condone piracy, as I do this with a legitimate copy of the game.

Index: 

1. Project Details

2. Early Dev

3. Images / Concepts

4. Ideas

5. Other Stuff

Project Details:

Anyone who has been paying attention over the past couple of months may have seen me posting some stuff on Discord about our lovely man in sage: the Master Chief, but he isn't in a shooting gallery, or a battlefield...well, not the battlefield we're used to. You see, he has been making his way over to the 2.5D fighting dimension of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Project M for quite a long time now.

The current gameplan is to make a unique moveset and identity for Chief within the Smash Bros environment, but currently it comes at the cost of Snake getting kicked to the curb...sorry, not sorry, he comes back in Ultimate so it's fine. This project will come with quite a lot of stuff, being a complete overhaul of any, and all Metal Gear Solid assets, being stickers, music, trophies, models, stages, etc, with the end goal to put the Halo universe into the big world of Smash.

Early Dev:

As you can imagine, not every project starts in a super pristine condition. There is either that very beginning stage where everyone is learning what to do, or alternatively, the one guy working on it at the time was trying to figure out what he was doing while making sure he didn't break the game. Below I'm going to post some very old screenshots I had of in-progress work from 2014.

Below you are going to see some old assets, utilizing at the time what I thought was the best direction to go in, using the Master Chief from Halo 4, with stances from Halo 4's multiplayer as portraits and also basing my recolors off of the normal colors in-game, or as I liked it better, Red vs. Blue.

Default/Sage:
Chief

Caboose/Blue:
Caboose Skin

Tucker/Aqua:
Tucker Skin

Grif/Orange/Yellow/Gold:
Grif Skin

Sarge/Red:
Sarge Skin

Texas/Steel:
Tex Skin

Church/Cobalt:
Church Skin

Of course, I have made some decent progress from these, and I hope you all will enjoy what I've had up my sleeves for quite some time.

Images / Concepts:
Over time, stuff had really changed. The first thing to go was the art direction I had been moving in. I looked back on Halo 3 and really fell in love with its design once again, which immediately made me think...I should move in Halo 3's direction! So I did.

So, with this humble new beginning came the first ever, proper rendered image of the Master Chief...prepare yourself, these babies are HUGE.
XuXrbYb.jpg

Now of course, anyone looking at this might say, "hey TDM, I'm sorry to break it to you, but that looks horrible!" and I couldn't agree with you more, but, on the bright side that was just an early concept thrown in there and, spoiler alert, it all kind of went full circle. For me the first task was making these armors fit into the Smash art style without looking too cartoony or anything, which is where the first few concepts for that came in.

Concept #1
4Outynz.png

Concept #2 (Getting closer...)
Q7k9wKd.png

Concept #3 (Warmer...)
8pphDNO.png

Concept #4 (That's more like it!)
WDzdFIv.png

Some of you are likely wondering...what is Chief wearing the Mark V helmet for? Wasn't he in Mark VI during Halo 3? Well, yes, he was. However I really loved the Mark V's design in Halo 3, so that's what I stuck with after painting it accordingly. However, over time more things started to come into the loop. I will show these things down below...now!
Armor for you, and you!
jfVQQcF.jpg

YYrUPub.jpg

xSnyYKi.jpg

Some experimental poses followed soon after:

RGZp6sz.jpg

NbBSVaS.jpg

D0Dz2rq.jpg

Eventually though, they came full circle at the end of the day, and around this time once I had it decided I had finalized some of the armor sets, too.

hnWYpQB.jpg

bB4G5mM.jpg

leRHwMZ.jpg

aQJ4yRX.jpg

AX57wxb.jpg

NppNqrv.jpg

y4zPtiB.jpg

Once I had some of the very important stuff all said and done though I figured it was time for some extra, bonus stuff...which is when I started making various trophies.

y1BTo7M.png

Description: "A soldier with remarkable luck and leadership traits who can eliminate just about any living creature with any weapon at his disposal. He has saved the human race three times from the Covenant, who have tried to activate the Halo rings. He has also defeated the Flood Parasite multiple times, earning him the legendary status of being deemed a Hyper Lethal Vector, wiping out entire armies."

wR7gah5.png

Description: "The CQB Armor is also very well known by it's longer name, the Close Quarters Battle Armor (CQB).It is specialized infantry armor compatible both with GEN1 Mark V and GEN1 Mark VI armor systems.The armor's main focus upon being developed was survivability in close combat, specifically by researching methods of improved joint mobility and K dispersal."

968lj5q.png

Description: "The Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/Rvariant, most commonly known as Recon Armor is a variant of the GEN1 Mark V and GEN1 Mark VI. The entire purpose of the Recon line of suits was to enhance stealth capabilities of the armor with little or no loss of endurance. It is also extremely illusive, many Spartans having to complete a series of detailed and difficult tasks to obtain the set."

[No Image]
Description: "Dubbed by many Spartan operatives as the only weapon you could ever need, the M6D Magnum is notorious for its infamous three headshot kill. While it is deemed highly effective against other Spartan operatives, it doesn't seem to have any advantages over the Sangheili Elites, whom are your equal on the battlefield. May the shieldless be wary."

Last but not least, a little something I have as well that I likely showed off some time ago.

gsSoxkp.jpg

5JaVjFa.jpg

Of course I was going to have a stage...but it changes scenery randomly upon being loaded in.

Oh, but that's right! I can't forget two very old concepts. For a short duration of the project, I was working on making project based costumes, such as silly endorsements for soda. These are extremely bad and really not polished, as they were just concept material!

1FDwBQm.jpg

uDvVWXP.jpg

Now that we finally have all that out of the way...

Ideas:
[Will leave this intentionally blank- post your ideas below and post them here.]

Other Stuff:
[Nothing to show...yet.]

Edited by TDM, 13 October 2018 - 07:51 PM.

QgRQ99P.png

#2 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

Holy toledo Batman! I'm diggin' this :D

I'm very impressed about all the hard work that went into this project and you seem very passionate about it! Double awesome!

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#3 TDM

TDM

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
4    5          2         

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

Animation: 

Animation is one of the most important parts of making something in a game, movie, or any other form of 2/3D entertainment come to life. Without it, we would've have a lot of the cool media we have today. This is a small showcase of some stuff that was made (by me) for this project. None of it is exactly professional, some things still have stuff that needs to be ironed out.

Forward Air - Based on Air Assassination from Halo: Reach:

Idle:

Since I cannot use .Gif format here, here is a link to the Imgur post...animations are in order as listed here (personally recommend opening each image up in a new tab to view it smoothly): https://imgur.com/a/1kfbba3

This is all I am comfortable showing for now, I don't want to give away too much in a short amount of time.

I will keep this updated as the project continues.

Edited by TDM, 14 October 2018 - 10:44 AM.

QgRQ99P.png

#4 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,490 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationClaymont, DE
         4    2             2         

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Thats really awesome bro!  Isn't there a way to extend the character roster without having to gut a character?  I would think a few hex edits to some baseline code should allow you to open up a few or more character slots.  But then again maybe not...I have no idea what engine platform it runs on.  Can't wait to see more about this!!!

bungie.gif

#5 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,490 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationClaymont, DE
         4    2             2         

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

You know you can clone characters, then copy over the clone data right?  That way you can add characters without copying over the base roster.

• TDM likes this

bungie.gif

#6 TDM

TDM

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
4    5          2         

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

You know you can clone characters, then copy over the clone data right?  That way you can add characters without copying over the base roster.

It is possible to do that using the BrawlEx codeset (lots of builds use it to add extra characters). However we are currently working on just bringing the character into the game first before we make a streamlined system of codes to allow him to join the roster on his own without having to throw Snake to the cutting room floor (plus since we aren't making a huge build we couldn't just make a base roster expansion to use universally without everyone having to get up in arms about their own UI stuff being replaced). 

I'll keep you all updated. Good question / suggestion, Twinreaper!

QgRQ99P.png

#7 TDM

TDM

• Dedicated Members
  • 544 posts
Inspiring
4    5          2         

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

Well, here is another update! First thing is that Chief now has update cosmetics.

Check out his new portrait, which feels more at home.

Default.png

But here are all the costumes for just this one set of armor. ;)

OutfitChartMarkVI.png

QgRQ99P.png

#8 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,037 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

Captain Falcon Chief is SICK!

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo, Crossover, Smash Bros, Project M, SSBB, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users