Slender: The Arrival coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4

Slender: The Arrival coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4

fG2u4eW.jpg?1

It's been a while since we heard of anything related to Slender, but this is about to change with Slender: The Arrival coming to the Xbox One and Playstation 4.

He always comes back...

For those who don't know Slender, it all started with a simple indie-like game in which you were dropped on the middle of a forrest at night and had one simple objective, find all 8 notes scattered throughout the forrest. And if walking through a dark forrest with only a flashlight wasn't enough already... You were also being chased by a monster called "Slender Man" based of and internet phenomena. If you search Slender on Google you will quickly find more information on him. He appears as a long 'slender' being with a pale white skin, no face and in a fancy tuxedo with large tentacle like arms coming out of his back. He's often seen on the background of seemingly innocent photo's.

And now this creature is chasing you throughout the forrest and only appears when you look behind you, just standing there... watching you...

The more notes you collect the more he will appear and if you're not careful... catch you.

Slender: The Arrival was a of sequel to this and has more of a story instead of mindlessly collecting notes for no reason.

The story is set around Kate, who is searching for her friend Lauren. Lauren has become obsessed with the internet phenomenon Slender Man and went investigating. Of course Lauren disappeared and it is now up to you to find out where she is or what happened to her. Surprisingly enough her trail leads you through a variety of spooky locations with each their own objective to progress. All of this while being chased by the infamous Slender Man.

If he manages to get you not only will you be sent back to the last checkpoint (which probably is the beginning of the chapter) but the objectives will be moved aswell, giving you no certainty whatsoever on the locations of your objectives, even after playing it 10 times.

"Some of Slender's potency is numbed through the repetition (this is a short game, but completing the four main chapters will require multiple attempts)." 

~Simon Parking

The game originally launched on Steam in 2013 and was released for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 last September. In the meantime levels were added to the Steam version which will now also become available to the Xbox One and Playstation 4.

According to Blue Isle Studios the game will be available for Xbox One and Playstation 4 on March 25th for $9,99. US players will get the Playstation 4 version one day earlier on March 24th.

Are you up for some jumpscares?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Eurogamer

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 1

I used to love Slenderman... Then those games happened and people started referring to him as "Slender," and confusing the color of his tie. It's red. RED.

Great article, wondering if "The Arrival" is gonna make a partial comeback. Probably not, since Five Nights at Freddy's has pretty much buried Slenderman from cultural relevance.

I find that story to be quite disturbing to what happened with the three girls, if I can recall last year or the year before. Where young girls, blamed Slenderman for some very violent actions unto another peer. This story seems so similar to that, I don't know what it is, but this is just disturbing to me. Great article tho!

I find that story to be quite disturbing to what happened with the three girls, if I can recall last year or the year before. Where young girls, blamed Slenderman for some very violent actions unto another peer. This story seems so similar to that, I don't know what it is, but this is just disturbing to me. Great article tho!

Two girls, attempting to please Slenderman and become a proxy, lead their unsuspecting friend into the forest; stabbing her a total of 19 times, but ultimately falling to kill her.

It's not just disturbing... it's stupid.

• Like 3

Eh, this one's scarier than the others. Mostly because your character literally throws the flashlight everywhere he turns. This one's more of a storyline, I've finished it before. Creepy, you lose either way. AGAIN.

No spoilers to what happens at the end, hehe.

Anyways, great job. This will be fun, better have coop. Lol.