The Ultimate Mafia, 8.0 [GAME-OVER]

I_Make_Big_Boom

Not a good idea to make that assumption straight away. The people you doubt could end up being your greatest allies. One mistake in one game should not affect your overall view of a player.

Too late. :troll:

Yeah I don't think I'll be able to finish the Scene in time, and the game needs an ending thingmajig, so I'll just do this for now:

EDIT: Scratch that.

Round links:

Round 7: The Finale, Part 1

Scene 7 part 2

Scylla's moon, Asbolus is similar to Earth's natural satellite, Luna. The gravity on Asbolus is 0.1670 Gs: extremely close to Luna's 0.1654 Gs... need I say the mass is near the same as well? Uncanny... Both lack the required atmosphere, and non-barren surface to adequately terraform, and both happen to have large colonies of Humans who call the moons home.

Drilling on the satellites is forbidden as to prevent the moons from potentially fracturing, or becoming unstable, so the Humans have resorted to retrieving supplies from the parent planets, and from the moon's surface itself. Little do the Asbolans know that they just so happen to be sitting on one of the most dangerous celestial bodies in the entire galaxy... or possibly one of the most flourishing... ignorant bliss whilst standing over their own graves...

- - - - -

Far beyond driven the Mafians are. The culmination of all their strife, and suffering... has lead to this one holy alter. A final place of respite, and the helm where all life shall begin anew: Asbolus. All 5 Mafians paced with long determined strides down the deep, twisting tunnels of the moon. A massive bottomless hole lay before them regardless of the rules against drilling. For the Mafians, EVERYTHING was illegal.

Two men clad in black suits trailed behind the Mafians like dogs... they were not one of them.

"This is it, comrades. This... is where all of creation will bow before our feet... almost makes a little too anxious."

"Dexter, we've been through hell. For what it's worth, we deserve it. YOU deserve it... if only the Don was here to see this come to pass..."

The Hacker put a hand on the Mafian's shoulder reassuringly, "He is with us in spirit, and our paths will soon cross forthwith. You can count on that."

The Juggernaut, concerned, looked over his shoulder at the assassin. The Mafians knew full well what his intentions are. He will not live to give his ultimatum...

"You people never cease to amaze me", the Agent codenamed "The Director" spouted, "You're about to completely destroy this whole Galaxy, and the only thing you can do is celebrate about it. Do you really think there will be no consequences for your insurrection?"

"You would be wise to watch your tongue, Assassin, lest you, and your Government "Goons" be checked off the death toll as well.", the Juggernaut took off his domed helmet: revealing wavy brunette hair, "Or I'll just devour you. Either one works for me."

"I'll take you on any day, Bl-"

The Hacker whipped around, and glared at both bickering men. They immediately ceased all aggression, and continued on their journey 'round the edge of the portal. Eventually they boarded a vertical tram, and descended into the darkness... pitch black. The Assassin still in tow. Spotlights attached to the crib banished the blackening to reveal intricately designed angular indentions in the curve of the hole. Their origins didn't begin with the Humans, but they certainly took ownership of it. Bottom. The view straight up was totally black. They had succeeded in crossing the Styx, but in doing so have created an Achilles Heel... the tram was disabled by the Hacker for some sort of bargaining between the Mafians, and the Sniper. Charron's usefulness has run out for now. He no longer takes payment in obolus.

Immense angular architecture sprouted at the bottom... what kind of Civilization molded this? The geometry was too complex for even Humans to comprehend, let alone build. It's alien in nature... yet the Mafians, and Sniper dared enter with little to no fear. The Hacker rubbed his fingers against the walls even. After minutes of walking they came upon a titanic circular room with a ramp leading to... what seems to be a central control console. The 6 stood on the brink. The 6 prepared for the last fair deal gone down.

"We've come all this way... and if you don't have it..."

"Of course I have it. You really think I'd come here without it?", The Director pulled some strange bookmark-sized slab from a pouch on his chest, and the Hacker simultaneously retrieved his as well. Each stood facing the other: card in one hand, and palm open to retrieve the other's. Beads of sweat collected themselves on the foreheads of all who were present. The two men moved in to make the trade, hesitated, and then finally swapped cards. Dexter pulled away, and The Sniper stepped back from the Mafia troupe with his fellow Agent.

TD, and the other man, a Jailkeeper, proceeded to jog away from the room, but were halted by Dexter, "Remember our deal. One half for us, and the remainder belongs to you", the greedy Director acknowledged the terms, and the two continued into the hall from which they came...

- - - - - 

A triad of snakes slithered, and slid behind the outlaws: disconnected. One of them, a familiar face, was accompanied by two individuals. They wisely kept their distance from the Mafians, but not far enough to lose the path. They hid in a storage room on top of the lift as it descended, and eagerly anticipated the end game. Victory... or Death. They couldn't afford to make a mistake. They've come too far. They've lost too much...

Humanity's champions slashed through the air to the control room. The Detective motioned his company to move into a crevice between two walls, "This place... is Forerunner. The weapon the Mafians spoke of is here: I'm sure of this.... but why would they tell us if they knew we would try to stop them? Did they think we didn't pose much of a threat?", the other two stooped down, and crouched, "Could it be that everything we've done so far was for nothing?", Rrhunt slumped back, holding his head. A large migraine was coming on...

"No! I refuse to believe that we were doomed from the start... Everything the others died for would be in vain!", Yoshi grasped Rrhunt's arm, and pulled him forward, "If we do nothing then the whole galaxy will pay for it."

"And what happens if we can't win? What happens if we fall? There's 6, or more of them, and only 3 of us-"

"Detective. Out of all the others you were the most steadfast. You chose to stay headstrong, and continue fighting with all the odds against you... was it chance that you are the only remaining Agent left with full knowledge of what's going on?", Rrhunt pushed Yoshi's arm away, "Listen to me! We are the only things that stand in the way of total annihilation for life as we know it. I would rather die knowing I tried to save this Galaxy, then cower, and run away to fall into exile. I would have expected the same from you too.", Yoshi stood, and nudged Anarchy to do so as well.

The Detective sat on the cold metal-alloy floor. No one believed them when they tried to spread the truth. The UNSC, the Scyllan Military... even the Police themselves. They literally are the only people blocking the reaper's sprint across the cosmos... Yoshi was right, "The Mafians wanted us to know their plans for a reason", a surprised Yoshi, and Anarchy, nearly about to take off, paused, "It's because they know we have the keys to becoming true Mafians. Do they think we'll join them in fear? They'll have to start somewhere..."

Rrhunt shuffled, and stood, "Here's what we're up against: An unstoppable Titan, a Hacker who can hack ANYTHING, a CQC Weapons Expert, that freak Chameleon "Jenson", the Vocal one or Explosives Expert, and the Assassin. Most, if not all of these people probably know CQC, so hand-to-hand fights would be uphill for us... there is no way we'll make it out of this alive. But we can damn well make sure these hell-spawn don't as well! These freaks all have weaknesses. We'll just need to play on them."

"And how do we succeed where others have failed?", the Detective looked upon Yoshi with the apex of his life's confidence.

"We become Mafians."

Yoshi, and Anarchy both immediately protested against this plan, but Rrhunt held them at bay with the catch... "These Mafians are agile, quick, strong, tenacious... they're superhumans. How do we beat them? At their own game. We have the means to becoming Mafians. Fight fire with fire."

"There's a slight problem with your plan, Rrhunt... WHAT IF WE START ACTING LIKE THE MAFIA???!! How do we know that they don't turn into those freakazoid anarchists from the start when they unlock those brain key things? We would be practically giving ourselves up!"

"Because before she died, Ash stole some data from that Mafian Pilot on the Shuttle, and uploaded it. It has blueprints, weapon schematics... biological readouts. Everything on the Mafians. God DAMN why didn't I see, or remember this earlier?"

Yoshi, perplexed, inquired, "What the hell are you talking about? 5 Minutes ago you said there is no hope at all for us..."

"I'm pretty sure I only asked a bunch of questions instead of stating that-BUT ANYWAY back to the topic... The Biological readouts showed the status of all the Mafians. The Keys are what cause their superhuman abilities, and allow the person to process data on a substantially higher rate than normal humans-"

"You still didn't answer my question related to, oh I dunno, SANITY?? How do we know these "Keys" don't completely turn us into wackos??"

"Because they are made that way by the other Mafians. They are put through enormous amounts of torture prior to Keys being unlocked, so their brains become more malleable to commands. What makes a Mafian a Mafian is another Mafian... if that makes sense."

Anarchy held his chin with his fingers, "If a Mafian makes a Mafian... then who created the first Mafian? Oh wait you already said this, the Government... yeah... I still don't know why a Government Agent is still helping the Mafians since the Government wants them dead in the first place. Isn't that kinda like... a contradiction? Maybe the Mafians really think he's on their side? OR what if it IS a Rogue Agent?"

"High-Tier Agents are sworn to the Government, and would be punished severely if they stepped out of line. The Sniper only shot us because his superiors told him to do it. These Keys make us Public Enemy #1."

"But why shoot us? We haven't even had the Keys unlocked yet, but the Mafians have. Wouldn't that make them high-priority targets?", the Detective, nor Yoshi had a good enough answer.

"So are we good? We doing this?"

Yoshi, and Anarchy both stared at Rrhunt with the most uncertain faces ever shown in a millennium, "You were the one who was so high, and mighty about saving the Galaxy earlier! This is the only way. Admit it. We're dead men walking. We're trying to help the people, NOT the Government. They would gladly kill us, and dump our bodies into the ditches, or landfills."

"Thinkers think before they do... and I have made my choice. Have you?"

None of them really wished to begin the painful trial of metamorphosis, but desperate times bred desperate measures. A sharpened metal shard was passed from person to person. Deep fissures were carved into the trio of skulls, and morphine, a blessing from the gods, transformed into the only thing keeping these men from screaming... Time to fight fire with fire.

- - - - -

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 4

Round links:

Round 7: The Finale, Part 2

Scene 7, part 3

Torn hands clenched into fists, and the men fell to the floor convulsing uncontrollably. Sensory receptors succumbed, and for a moment all sight was whisked away. Irises traded their heritage for a beam with the dreadful hues of oxygen engorged blood. Memories etched into the brain raced back and forth in the asylum with brief glimpses of insanity flashing like strobe lights. Morphine could only hold back so much before the claws dug through. The animals have eaten the men from the inside out, and fled into the wilderness: free at last.

Eventually the pain subsided with minor stings continuing to reverberate. The musketeers beheld what they had become. These new minds flashed with thoughts incomprehensibly, and threw away the stringent of society. Rules need to bend to fight those who bent them in the first place. A rare opportunity to show these Mafians what they're really made of.

God turned his back on the men, and saved himself from witnessing what was needed to be done. The Detective, Rrhuntington, and the two Civilians, Yoshida, and Anarchy, moved forward once more unto the breach.

- - - - -

Penultimate 8. The Control Room of the supposed moon lay witness to some sort of odd banter between the old, and the new Mafians. The two Neutrals who were present in the room not that long ago seemed to have vanished. Whatever trace of them was wiped clean by small, robotic Forerunner droids, one of which was crushed underneath an amused Juggernaut's boot.

"I... I actually wasn't expecting this coming from you, Detective. The Boss spoke very highly of you, but warned us you would be the toughest to convert... may I inquire-"

"Whatever was left of my former self has withered away. We stand before you as new men. Do you question my commitment to the Mafian cause? We've cut our brains open for you. We've gone through the most excruciating pain imaginable for you. We've given up our past lives, our families, our humanity... Is that not enough?"

Dexter crossed his arms, "I just needed to make sure. We have come too far to have our plans fail, Detective. I'm sure you understand that. Now onto more pressing matters..."

Dexter Grif stood atop the ramp like a fisher of men. He preached to the newbloods about the Mafian's way of life, and other mundane things connected to trans-mundane ideals. Boring things really. The Boss lost himself, and kept the sermon going on for an hour before he remembered the plan. Newbloods tried to keep themselves looking interested, and were nearly about to give, "The feeling is eating at you isn't it? Something just beneath the skin that's impossible to scratch. I know this because it's happened to all of us. The feeling... of being what you were meant to be, Rrhuntington. It's a feeling you won't like at first, but you'll come to accept it. Our own Bat here just lost the new recruit training-wheels like you fine lot will, and I'm sure she would be willing to show you the ropes. But for now we need to continue with the plan."

"And what is the plan, if I may ask?"

Dexter, confused, double taked, "Oh yes my mind went ablank for a moment... I'll explain as best as I can".

A horrendous digression rolled off the Boss's tongue. All of the information managed to disgust the Newbloods with every word, and it continued to get worse. Scylla... Earth... the Mafians planned to use Asbolus: a Forerunner planet destroyer, to cleanse the entire galaxy of all sentient civilization. Mass conversions of "chosen ones" into Mafians on a grand scale would commence, and a new era of Metahumans could begin unhindered.

The Scyllan Government was in on this the entire time. After everything is destroyed, the Government of Scylla would inherit half of the Galaxy for themselves, and the other shall go to the Mafians... but little did they know the throats of these "allies" will soon be split while their guard is down. The Mafians would show no mercy for their creators. With all opposition, and competition out of the way the Mafians would rule the galaxy with an iron fist. Nothing, not even the UNSC or Covenant, could stop them.

By this point, Rrhunt, and the others loathed being in the presence of such madmen, "-and so, our communion will manifest on the clean slate of this galaxy. No more oppression. No more dictatorships, and horrifying experimentation. No more decadent upper classes feeding off of the despair of the street rats. The ultimate reign of the Mafia... is at hand. Who knows? Maybe our influence will reach into the stars beyond our galaxy."

"What about the Halo Array?"

"They'll be tamed like Asbolus was. Whatever Forerunner artifacts, weapons, or ships will be ours for the taking. If any surviving Forerunners happen to be alive... we will obliterate them."

"And you know for certain Scylla won't try to stop you?"

"Why would they, Anarchy? They believe they'll receive a grand harvest once the cleansing is over, and have no reason to kill us now. We're the ones in control of the moon. Not them."

Yoshi blurted out, "What makes you think they won't just take the moon, and claim the galaxy for themselves?"

"A death sentence. We'll rain fire, and brimstone onto their world, and wipe it from existence. That is enough explanation for right now, " Dexter turned, and faced the console, "First order of business: Activation of the moon, and the destruction of a few asteroids. For testing.", he typed some code into an input terminal, and the moon shook. A hologram of the surrounding space appeared behind the console, and moved: indicating Asbolus was turning. A small space rock was highlighted by a target reticul, and a beam of blue energy blasted up through a colossal shaft. The asteroid exploded quite spectacularly, "Behold!"

Lasers fired at multiple meteoroids, and space junk. Clouds of dust, gas, and debris flung out into the void of space. A voyage into the infinite expanse... never to return. Dexter danced like a jester, and the other Mafians laughed, and 'woo'd' at the destruction. Rrhunt, and the others shuddered at the rock's remains, but joined in to keep their cover.

"Magnificent"

- - - - -

Two furious men stood in a maintenance corridor near the lift. TD held some sort of receiver in his palm as Dexter's spiteful plans seeped through the speaker, "-after everything has been destroyed, we'll finish whatever's left of the Government's forces and-", Director crushed the device, and threw it at the wall. He had heard enough. The recorder he placed on Yoshida before he left has paid it's due... and what a damned bounty it is. Treachery. Fooled by snakes in the grass.

Director called Control, and revealed the Mafian's true intent. He, and Ledgend prepared for war.

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 1