Halo 2A what are your thoughts on the new weapon sounds?

At Pax 343 revealed the new sounds of weapons in H2A  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz0W1kiFQW0&feature=player_detailpage

What sounds do you prefer? The old sounds or the new ones?

I prefer the old ones, I am all up for change, but all the new weapons minus the Plasma pistol and Energy sword, all sound almost the same with little change between a pistol and a sniper. These changes are not little changes, these are big ones to the weapons.

I would not mind if they changed the Br sound to be more like H3 but the Br no longer sounds like you are shooting a Br, it sounds like you are shooting a large pistol.

The energy sword definitely sounds the worst though, it sounds like the sword is made of water or something, not a large powerful sword igniting.

Yes I know it is just sounds but when they change a sound that much that it does not even sound like that weapon anymore or even that weapon type, that is too much.

Caboose out. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

I couldn't care less, because that vista behind them was so beautiful it kept distracting me.

I usually don't care about gun sounds anyway, and care more about the voices of the A.I and the (Stunning) Marty music.

Edited by rrhuntington

I love the new sounds but that hollow sound you're talking about is the new sound system.

In Halo 2A sound actually echoes and sounds different depending on the environment that you are in. 

The new sniper sound is my favorite and the plasma pistol sounds like an air conditioner