Hello everyone, welcome to another incarnation of the Weekly News Wrap-Up today, once again we have three articles up and ready for your reading pleasures, so sit back and get some popcorn cause we're diving into the Weekly News Wrap-Up! Credits to Zelda for the first article by the way!

post-26953-0-02757400-1400374532.jpg

Activision and Blizzard's New Games took Seven Years
Today, an announcement came in from Fool.com that Activision and Blizzard are set to release two new games. These will go alongside Activision's two hit titles, Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare this fall and took seven years between them to make. With both having a wide variety of healthy titles under their belt, it's hard to figure out if this seven years is going into entirely new franchises to bring to competition, or a well-cooked revival of an older franchise. Either way, this time could hurt them as well, as certain titles that have taken a long time to build end up cobbled and sloppily done as work was scattered everywhere and too much was put into it.

post-26953-0-73424200-1400374547_thumb.jpg

What's your take on this, a smart decision by both major publishers, or possible death-wishes for their new products? Let me know below!

The Division gets a Release Date
Ubisoft's new title with signed exclusive content deals for the Xbox One, Tom Clancy's The Division, has gotten it's release date, an unfortunate push-back. According to Ubi.com, the game will launch a year later then originally expected, in 2015. It will of course launch on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, excluding all previous generation consoles with far superior hardware requirements. The dev team stated in an update, "We are creating something we are really proud of and we don't want to compromise on quality. We are going to release the game when it's ready." They also confirmed an E3 appearance, as to which console's expo they will be showing up to, we are unclear, but with the aforementioned exclusivity agreement with Microsoft, it's likely to be shown at the Xbox Conference. 

post-26953-0-95259300-1400374577_thumb.jpg

How do you feel about the pushed release date, did you plan on getting the Division? Discuss below, thanks for reading!

Assassin's Creed III Director Rumored to be on Far Cry 4
Alex Hutchinson has certainly made his name in the gaming community, whether you like his titles or not. He worked on the poorly to averagely reviewed Spore and Army of Two, and when he moved to Ubisoft, he went to work on Assassin's Creed III, now apparently working on Far Cry 4. IGN.com stated that according to close sources to the game, Far Cry 4 will feature his involvement. This could be a grace or a nail in the game's coffin, as Alex's previous titles were not taken well critically over in Electronic Arts, and Assassin's Creed III fared no better. 

post-26953-0-29749100-1400374595_thumb.jpg

Does this impact your decision on ordering Far Cry 4 in a positive or negative way knowing Alex's previous work? Be sure to leave a comment, and thanks for reading!

Thank you for reading the Weekly News Wrap-Up, be sure to leave a like and comment below, I'll see you next time!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

I'm now not so confident about getting Far Cry 4. I mean I loved Far Cry 3 and all but with the dude who made AC3 (Which I thought was a massive let down.) making it I'm not to sure, don't really know what to think of this one. Oh well better wait and see till some gameplay or at least a trailer comes out :D.

Assassin's Creed III Director Rumored to be on Far Cry 4 < Lets hope not because that can only spell disaster.

I don't get why they have not fired him, AC3 was a massive flop. :( < Compared to the other games like ACB

Edited by Caboose the Ace