Halo 5 easter egg in new Xbox One advertisement!

Screech

Alright alright alright, this might not seem like a big thing (it probably isn't) but it seemed pretty cool when I saw it! In Microsoft's new advertisement showcasing the Xbox One's Windows 8-style user interface, there's an easter egg for Halo 5!!!

Skip to the 50 second mark in the above video and you'll see a notification about someone named Pit Bear playing "Halo 5 - Infinity Slayer on Haven" in the news feed.

Obviously, the game mode Infinity Slayer and the map Haven are both from Halo 4, so this wasn't actually a recording of a real XB1 newsfeed and was most-likely something computer generated (or maybe Infinity Slayer and Haven will be making a return...?). But, but but but... we now know Halo 5 is actually going to be a game released on the Xbox One! 

en-INTL_L_Xbox_One_Halo_29G-00530_mnco.j

Whether or not it will be the next one (which has been known as Halo for Xbox One up until now) is still unknown, however. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Halo 5 IS what "Halo for Xbox One" is. And I'm also going to guess "Halo for Xbox One" isn't actually going to be released in 2014, considering multiple sources point to Halo 2: Anniversary coming out on November 11th.

What do you guys think? Am I a complete idiot or is Halo for Xbox One, which is currently listed for pre-order on the official Microsoft store, actually going to be Halo 5?!

Source: Kotaku

• Like 5

Really good find!

Although I hope it isn't actual Infinity Slayer on Haven. PLEASE BE FAKE PLEASE BE COMPUTER GENERATED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HALO IS. 

Lol, I'd be okay with Haven making a return - it was a pretty awesome map! Infinity Slayer, not so much. The GTs in the video obviously aren't real so this is definitely CG.

MoMy gives you a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

I appreciate that :)

Also, I have an update!

According to someone in the comment section on the Xbox One advertisement w/ this easter egg, Halo Waypoint has issued a response! I wasn't able to find it anywhere on their Twitter, Facebook, or website but this is what they said apparently:

“The Xbox One dashboard images shown in the recently released “Xbox One Design Show” video, were placeholder and not indicative of future game content. As previously stated, your next ‘Halo’ journey will begin in 2014, and we’ll have more detail to share at E3 in June.”

Sooooo... I guess this means Infinity Slayer and Haven won't be making a return in Halo 5. Or maybe Halo for Xbox One isn't even going to be Halo 5 after all?!

• Like 1

I appreciate that :)

Also, I have an update!

According to someone in the comment section on the Xbox One advertisement w/ this easter egg, Halo Waypoint has issued a response! I wasn't able to find it anywhere on their Twitter, Facebook, or website but this is what they said apparently:

“The Xbox One dashboard images shown in the recently released “Xbox One Design Show” video, were placeholder and not indicative of future game content. As previously stated, your next ‘Halo’ journey will begin in 2014, and we’ll have more detail to share at E3 in June.”

Sooooo... I guess this means Infinity Slayer and Haven won't be making a return in Halo 5. Or maybe Halo for Xbox One isn't even going to be Halo 5 after all?!

"Placeholder and not indicative of future game content."

This doesn't mean that Haven absolutely will not be, but also means that it doesn't confirm it is. What does confirm it won't be is that no Halo has ever done it. Maps have made reappearances, but always with different names and slight edits.

“There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game. But I did want Bonnie [Ross] to come out and say 'First-person shooter. Master Chief.' Because they'll get the questions: 'Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?' Bonnie [Ross] comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”

—Phil Spencer, regarding the teaser trailer

They haven't announced Halo 5 is going to be the name of the next Halo game, however it seems like the teaser trailer appears to simply announce that Halo is coming to the X-Box One.

On a side note, my OCD is going to have a conniption fit if they do not call it Halo 5.