do you like the game? or hate it?

Dominator

• 1 month later...

ok first of all to some people this is serious not something to up your post count.QUIT TROLLING AND EDIT IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING NEW TO SAY.

Regarding Halo wars I love it and it introduced me to Halo.Sure some people like other games better,but my favorite part about it is how simple it is.It doesn't take 3 hours to get basic control down.Just the tutorials and you're ready.Simple

I played halo wars and I found it fun but to me it lacked something that I cant place my finger on.

it was a fun experience but it needed more. And more freedom with what units you want on the battlefield

Instead of having to choose to send out marines thenODSTS etc etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't like it when I first played it because. I thought they were taking a cheap way out of making another halo game in the franchise. But I was judging a book by its cover. So when my brother insisted that I played against him I said okay. Then turns out I loved it. And I think more people need to give it a chance.

• 3 months later...

In the words of jim carry "I like it, I like it alot!"

at first it seems to be of poor quality for an rts when compaired with command and conqer or warcraft or starcraft, but that is an opinion form the unexperienced and untrainded eye. this game is far more balanced than any of those games. maybe a bit more restrictive with the way you get resorces or the placment of bases, but that adds a whole new dynamic and balance to the game making as good or better than the other titles. also one should note that most rts are computer games not xbox games. for having a limited amount of controls/buttons, this games was awsome!

I was not a fan. For me RTS games just do not function up to the level they should on a console. Instead they are far far better on a PC.

Halo Wars story was very lack luster for me. It was very jumpy, not fluidly transfering from one mission to the next. The characters were annoying at best and the addition of the Spartans was just wrong to me. It flew in the face of everything that had been laid down previously. It really bothers me when they have perfectly good lore and completely ignore it to make a new game.

Gameplay wise it wasnt great for me. The controls were very clumsy. It took way to long to select particular units out of a group and you couldnt assign perminate groups. The base system really wasnt stratagy based to me. You load up on reactors and supply pads and have a vehical bay. Thats all you really needed to beat the campaign. You werent able to put structures in spots where they would do more good for you, such as building defences around a choke point on the map or keeping your barracks away from your base so enemies have to hunt for it while you can produce units with out worry. That kind of stuff makes an RTS for me and Halo Wars had none of it.

The cut scenes were "pretty" but thats about it. You can make something look pretty but that doesnt mean its good. The underlying story they were supposed to tell wasnt compelling to me at all.

I litterally suffered through the campaign trying to finish it. At first I could only do the first 3 missions before I was litterally sick from playing the game it was that bad for me. I forced myself to finish it for the sake of finishing it.

Now then, if there is a Halo Wars playdate I will participate, but more or less because I find gaming with the people here to be fun. The game itself isnt very enjoyable for me but for you guys I would put up with it.

Halo Wars, while not the best RTS console game, was above average at the time of release. Nearly four years later, it still is a solid game. I still play it on a daily basis. When I compare Halo Wars to other RTS games on the 360, I like Halo Wars for the same reasons I dislike it. Compared to titles such as Command and Conquer and Supreme Commander, Halo Wars is significantly more limited in regards to units, unit abilities and structures for example. Overall, there is not much one can do in Halo Wars. However, it does make playing more simplified and streamlined. For that reason alone is why I still enjoy playing Halo Wars. There are only a few RTS titles on the 360 to begin with. Out of those few titles, Halo Wars was not a port from the PC. It was built for the console. I will close by saying Halo Wars does offer a nice change of pace compared to the other RTS games I have played. Should they release a Halo Wars 2, I would buy it.

I was not a fan. For me RTS games just do not function up to the level they should on a console. Instead they are far far better on a PC.

Halo Wars story was very lack luster for me. It was very jumpy, not fluidly transfering from one mission to the next. The characters were annoying at best and the addition of the Spartans was just wrong to me. It flew in the face of everything that had been laid down previously. It really bothers me when they have perfectly good lore and completely ignore it to make a new game.

Gameplay wise it wasnt great for me. The controls were very clumsy. It took way to long to select particular units out of a group and you couldnt assign perminate groups. The base system really wasnt stratagy based to me. You load up on reactors and supply pads and have a vehical bay. Thats all you really needed to beat the campaign. You werent able to put structures in spots where they would do more good for you, such as building defences around a choke point on the map or keeping your barracks away from your base so enemies have to hunt for it while you can produce units with out worry. That kind of stuff makes an RTS for me and Halo Wars had none of it.

The cut scenes were "pretty" but thats about it. You can make something look pretty but that doesnt mean its good. The underlying story they were supposed to tell wasnt compelling to me at all.

I litterally suffered through the campaign trying to finish it. At first I could only do the first 3 missions before I was litterally sick from playing the game it was that bad for me. I forced myself to finish it for the sake of finishing it.

Now then, if there is a Halo Wars playdate I will participate, but more or less because I find gaming with the people here to be fun. The game itself isnt very enjoyable for me but for you guys I would put up with it.

as far as selecting certain units out of a group that easy, one of the bumpers the right trigger! bumper selects all units or units on your screen the trigger allows you to scroll through the selected units and use just the ones you want. easy and quick!

spartans being there dose make sence! did you look at the time line? the game is in 2531 reach is not until 2552 so at the point of halo wars there were lots of spartans doing lots of different missions!

being forced to use certain spots for bases balances the game and forces you to use more stratigy! it took me a while to realize this having previously play games like warcraft and command and conqure where you can have any number of bases at any place on the map. using this system makes you need to learn how deploy your troops intelegently knowing when to defend and when to attack. if you could build a base anywhere the games would drag on forever trying to hunt them all down. this force you to have over all map control not just that 1 tiny choke point.

but as for playing for a commuity palydate, thanks for being a good sport!

at first to new players this game dose not seem to be as good as pc rts games but with a litte knowledge and experience it becomes a much better game because it has such great balance too it. it really dose requier much more stratigy than warcraft,starcraft,command and conqure or any other rts that was put out before or around the same time as this game!