Halo 4 LE No Longer Worth It!?

Tallgeese

I've just found out the included extended FUD is just a stream, not a physical hard copy, such a cheap marketing ploy. Its bad enough marketing the game having specializations that by the time we come to use them, so will SE players (not that game changing perks should ever be given to one set of players and not the others but they shouldn't have been marketed as being for LE early access)

:mad:

The LE was deceptive marketed to hard core fans, it offers almost nothing physically extra for your money, than buying the SE +retail war games pass (even retail dlc pass gets skins we don't). I'm in a few gaming communities and they're all up in arms over how dire the LE is (shame I've already paid for mine or I'd have downgraded) I'm sure LE copies will be filling store sales bins over the Xmas period faster than HD-DVD movies did.

You'd think in a week 343i have had bad luck with the game leaking online, least they could have done is support their fans who are paying for their costly not so special now edition, instead of taking away the things we thought were getting. I mean whats the point in owning a streaming link to FUD we might as well just watch the waypoint & youtube posts of it.

• Like 1

What really upsets me is the fact that 343i/M$ lied to the community. Even on their own site it states that the LE would come with the Recruit Armor, yet here we are and EVREYONE gets the Recruit armor now...

http://www.xbox.com/en-HK/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4/colletorsEdition

• Like 1

Whoa thats just messed up...maybe there is something to it besides the stuff u get with LE who knows.

Yeah who knows man...I really hope there is. When first announced, the Warrior armor was the default, and Recruit armor was for LE...not so much anymore lol

I see the point about the armor, but the rest of it is fairly...wrong.

The Recruit armor WAS said to be exclusive, but it isn't. Okay, one lie. The rest? Well, they never claimed you get the same war games map pass as later buyers, so that argument is invalid. They never advertised the Strider and Scanner helmets with the LE so it makes sense. Then you come to the FUD argument. Well, sure, it's streamed, but when did they claim it wasn't? I see it's upsetting, but all this is is information we didn't get until now. Only one lie, and some clarification. Only one lie. So, you have me wondering where all this plural "lies" comes from.

LE is still worth it, but the Console seems like it was the better buy. Especially since my console is gone. >:]

it just saddens me that 343i/M$ would pull such a bait and switch...not too impressed with the marketing so far

yeah but hey at least we get 50 spartan ops missions for free.

I see the point about the armor, but the rest of it is fairly...wrong

The Recruit armor WAS said to be exclusive, but it isn't. Okay, one lie. The rest? Well, they never claimed you get the same war games map pass as later buyers, so that argument is invalid. They never advertised the Strider and Scanner helmets with the LE so it makes sense. Then you come to the FUD argument. Well, sure, it's streamed, but when did they claim it wasn't? I see it's upsetting, but all this is is information we didn't get until now. Only one lie, and some clarification. Only one lie. So, you have me wondering where all this plural "lies" comes from.

LE is still worth it, but the Console seems like it was the better buy. Especially since my console is gone. >:]

some people say the codes for the strider and scanner helmet will come with the LE.

You are correct, there really was only 1 lie...however the amount of ambiguity with the contents of the LE is a little rough to swallow. Not only that but LE owners were promised "early access", not exclusive, but early access to the remaining 6 specializations once we hit SR50. It was also stated:

"Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time."

Well unless it only takes a couple weeks to hit SR50, than by allowing Standard Edition and Console Edition owners the ability to get all 6 remaining specailizations by Nov. 20th, that nullifies the fact that LE onwers get "early access."

Its not so much the fact that things were not as they seemed, it is more of the principal of the matter...343i/M$ pulled a massive bait and switch and left certain details out to get more orders.

The way I see it, the extra 40 dollars goes towards more great Halo games, in my eyes 343i have earned it from me. Even though the LE is no longer special in any way, and the marketers are scum, I don't see anything wrong with paying 40 more dollars for a great game that I know will be good, because I am relying on Halo 4 to be my only game for many many months to come. Disappointing yes, but in the end it's fine.

• Like 1

The way I see it, the extra 40 dollars goes towards more great Halo games, in my eyes 343i have earned it from me. Even though the LE is no longer special in any way, and the marketers are scum, I don't see anything wrong with paying 40 more dollars for a great game that I know will be good, because I am relying on Halo 4 to be my only game for many many months to come. Disappointing yes, but in the end it's fine.

I agree. Most of this just seems to be stuf that was ambiguous and taken the wrong way.

Regardless I am getting the LE.

The LE is still worth it but when I preordered I was expecting an exclusive armour set.

Throughout my many years of playing Halo, I had always missed out on getting the flaming helmets (my fault entirely) but I preordered thinking "THIS TIME, exclusive show-off powers shall be mine!"

Oh well, I'm still happy that I preordered but a little disappointed. And it won't help if what I'm reading about the map packs getting helmets and LE players not getting them turns out to be true. (yes, they're paying for the maps and giving 343 extra money but isn't that what LE players are doing, too?)

I won't cancel my preorder but I figured I'd voice my opinion.

When Bungie made exclusive versions of the games you knew exactly what you as the consumer were getting with each. And that did not change from reveal/announcement to release/launch. 343i so far is not even close to being the same so far

Actually it has been pretty much clarified by secondary sources that normal players will ONLY get 2 of the specializations at SR50. It hasn't come from the mouth of 343 yet though.

So that's one half of the upset clarified, or supposedly clarified. Now for the whole armor thing, which to me isn't a HUGE deal, still hope something gets clarified and put in stone.

Limited Edition Contents

59c131d4-003d-4a3c-9f49-b8d2a7412ac2.jpg.250x.jpeg

• War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Specializations: Receive launch day access to six Specializations, available on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.1
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital Content also included:

• Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Digital Content through Xbox LIVE

• Unique In-Game Emblem//Prime
  • UNSC Assault Rifle Skin//Prime
  • In-game Spartan-IV Armor and Skin//Recruit Armor with Prime Skin
  • 1Avatar Costume//Recruit Armor3 1

Well about the FUD issue, its clearly shown in the original marketing before it comes to the DIGITAL DOWNLOADS segment, so its DECEPTIVE MARKETING. Only the WAR GAMES MAPS are still included in that 1st segment now. Way to falsely advertise things and shaft the people who are spending the most on the game.

• Like 1

Actually it has been pretty much clarified by secondary sources that normal players will ONLY get 2 of the specializations at SR50. It hasn't come from the mouth of 343 yet though.

So that's one half of the upset clarified, or supposedly clarified. Now for the whole armor thing, which to me isn't a HUGE deal, still hope something gets clarified and put in stone.

Actually is has been confirmed that if anyone plays the Halo 4 War Games by Nov. 20th they will get a code for the remaining 6 specializations on Nov.30th. Proof: http://www.examiner.com/article/all-halo-4-specializations-can-be-unlocked-by-playing-the-game-early

I'm just annoyed I've already paid for LE, I would have been wiser to buy standard and spend the extra on one of the new unsc blue led xbox pads. Then get the war maps DLC pass when the maps come out, and get the exclusive skins that come with that.

Least then I'd have had something to show for my money, unlike now when nothing is really LIMITED in the LIMITED edition.

• Like 2

I'm just annoyed I've already paid for LE, I would have been wiser to buy standard and spend the extra on one of the new unsc blue led xbox pads. Then get the war maps DLC pass when the maps come out, and get the exclusive skins that come with that.

Least then I'd have had something to show for my money, unlike now when nothing is really LIMITED in the LIMITED edition.

Yeah...having FUD being released on BluRay and DvD with the same extended cuts nullifies that. The physical packets and papers wil be online withina week tops. Recruit is for everyone, specializations were going to be everyones at some point anyways. Really you get avatar stuff and 2 skins. Thw Map pass is also available to everyone, and the standalone verion comes with 2 helmets and an emblem

• Like 2

LIMITED Edition is LIMITEd since you cant really buy them in major retailers anymore can yah? As for buying the War Maps DLC later you would end up paying more money.

Hello all, not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, but it would appear that Standard Edition owners get access to 6 specializations early if they play by Nov. 30th, which means just about everyone...

http://www.examiner....-the-game-early

So my thing is...

I have a question as to why the LE is being torn apart? First LE owners were not given the Strider and Scanner helmets along with the Falcon Emblem, even though it comes with the War Games Map Pass. Secondly, when the LE was first announced it was listed as having an exclusive armor along with the exclusive armor skin, weapon skins, and avatar armor. Well that armor was revealed to be the Recruit armor, but now everyone has the Recruit armor as the default starting armor. And now Standard Edition owners get access to 6 specializations if they play by Nov. 30th? Essentially the in game bonuses of the LE have been reduced to the armor and weapon skin..that is it. I am not really sure if it is worth $100 of my dollars at this point. All of the incentives for getting it are being thrown out of the window. Seriously, why make the LE worthless now, sure it comes with some booklets and the FUD, but the FUD (Forward Unto Dawn) is only downloadable, might as well buy it on DVD/Blu-Ray and have it forever. I am very upset with the marketing, and how lame the LE has turned out to be.

What do you all think?

In Britian we only get the Xbox in the Legendary package

Everyone's logic on downgrading to SE is so totally ******....

"oooOOOooh, that once LE exclusive helmet is no longer exclusive! Got to downgrade now, ermahergerdurd.." - Sadly, a PERFECT summary of the situation.

If it was just the helmet everyone would agree with you, but its the original mentioned skin the original advertised early unlocks to specializations and its the deceptively marketed FUD being streamed and not featured on a dvd.

Sure the packaging is much nicer but it would have been nice to have a few exclusive contents (or any contents even) other than just a pretty tin case.

• Like 1

It really is some BS that FUD isn't on a disk.... I mean we can watch it on Halo Waypoint for free right now (and the rest as it continues to come out). Where is my statue?? All I'm getting for spending $100 right now is 15% off of future map packs? I don't care about weapon skins or anything, but Forward Unto Dawn is coming out on DVD and we are getting a digital copy.....? Seriously someone message me and let me know, am I spending $100 right now to save 15% on map packs down the road? That's like $2 per map pack. Seriously, someone message me...... I think I'm downgrading to regular Halo 4 version and I'll buy 2 new games this holiday season. But seriously, someone message me and convince me to get LE.

It really is some BS that FUD isn't on a disk.... I mean we can watch it on Halo Waypoint for free right now (and the rest as it continues to come out). Where is my statue?? All I'm getting for spending $100 right now is 15% off of future map packs? I don't care about weapon skins or anything, but Forward Unto Dawn is coming out on DVD and we are getting a digital copy.....? Seriously someone message me and let me know, am I spending $100 right now to save 15% on map packs down the road? That's like $2 per map pack. Seriously, someone message me...... I think I'm downgrading to regular Halo 4 version and I'll buy 2 new games this holiday season. But seriously, someone message me and convince me to get LE.

The Standalone War Games Map Pass is priced at $24.99. So if you were to buy the Standard Edition and the Map Pass it would cost you $85. The Blu Ray of FUD is listed on Amazon for $16.99 or $12.99 DVD. So really it would be same price, but the FUD purchased separately would be on a disc. So yeah really the skins and avatar items and Pamphlet/booklet (which will be online within a week of Halo 4 launch) is what you are paying for.