Halo 4 LE No Longer Worth It!?

Tallgeese

The Standalone War Games Map Pass is priced at $24.99. So if you were to buy the Standard Edition and the Map Pass it would cost you $85. The Blu Ray of FUD is listed on Amazon for $16.99 or $12.99 DVD. So really it would be same price, but the FUD purchased separately would be on a disc. So yeah really the skins and avatar items and Pamphlet/booklet (which will be online within a week of Halo 4 launch) is what you are paying for.

Don't map packs always come out for $15 a piece?? I'm not really interested in buying FUD when I can watch it for free EVERYWHERE!!! And how long after release would the first map pack even release? I'd rather pay $5 extra over the period of 6 months (waiting for all 3 map packs to release).

What about all the physical items? You guys completely ignore them, but yet they make up most of the extra cost for LE...

Nobody cares about little books we can read on the internet for free. That is all the physical content we get supposedly.

• Like 1

What about all the physical items? You guys completely ignore them, but yet they make up most of the extra cost for LE...

The physical items are papers, booklets, and pamphlets. Those will all be online within at least a week of Halo 4 launch

Lol, few and I literally mean it, only a few of you understand the LE. "physical items are gonna be online within a week of launch!" that's not the point, your supposed to collect that stuff, they're collectors items! Which is why you see those people with all those halo action figures, posters and statues, those are the people who TRULY understand the LE versions. Those are the people who couldn't give any less of a **** if they got digital stuff, because what it is at the end of the day? Something you can't even use/see/own. The physical stuff is where it's really at.

So to all you guys saying "Nobody cares about physical stuff" if you like money, then you're gonna be kicking yourselves years from now, because you missed out.

• Like 1

Lol, few and I literally mean it, only a few of you understand the LE. "physical items are gonna be online within a week of launch!" that's not the point, your supposed to collect that stuff, they're collectors items! Which is why you see those people with all those halo action figures, posters and statues, those are the people who TRULY understand the LE versions. Those are the people who couldn't give any less of a **** if they got digital stuff, because what it is at the end of the day? Something you can't even use/see/own. The physical stuff is where it's really at.

So to all you guys saying "Nobody cares about physical stuff" if you like money, then you're gonna be kicking yourselves years from now, because you missed out.

Dude 2 months down the road I'll buy everything that came with the limited edition for $10 off of Craigslist. All it is is paper. That is the only true extra. No sweet kitty helmet or statue... paper.

• Like 1

Are you even sure Recruit armor was going to be LE exclusive in the first place? All I saw it said was the exclusive Prime skins, not armor. Believe me, getting the LE will still be very worth it.

What will make it worth buying? I mean I already have it pre ordered and paid off and I'm really considering downgrading to the basic release..

Dude 2 months down the road I'll buy everything that came with the limited edition for $10 off of Craigslist. All it is is paper. That is the only true extra. No sweet kitty helmet or statue... paper.

Just like ALL other Halo collectibles, it just plastic/steel/paper:.

If it was a statue like the Reach LE I would agree with you...but the Halo 4 le only has paper...

343i know that many players are getting upset over these changes, I am sure they will add something. I will just wait.

I wouldnt hold my breath...343i would be willing to add something, bu M$ will not...they are a heartless company

"Microsoft is money hungry, money hungry, MONEY HUNGRY!" I know they are money hungry, but every other post is just about how they want money. I'm tired of seeing it. But while I agree, it's getting to the point to where it's uselessly included in most posts and it's bothering. We know they love money, we know they do bad things; We know this all. We know how they are. No need for "corrupt, money hungry, damnable company" every sentence. We get it. Please. Say something else. D:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand you think it's not limited or exclusive, but it's value isn't going down just because you can see the papers online later. Just because a book is able to be pirated or read by a million folks in a day doesn't mean the company is going to go, "Oh, its value is going down now.", it is just an unfortunate truth. Just because anyone can buy an apple doesn't mean it isn't worth a dollar. I understand you feel like your exclusives are being stripped away but the value is still there. Okay? Logically, the value is the same. Sentimentally, no, but in the real world it takes the same amount of money to profit. Sorry for that unfortunate truth as well.

P.S.

Sounds harsh, but I don't care how you take it. I am just stating what is logically true without any emotions getting in my way. If my emotions did barge in here, I'd get banned for bashing people. So consider this post very full of restraint.

Yours truly,

Ryu Hayabusa

Pulling out of this thread until further notice.

• Like 1

"Microsoft is money hungry, money hungry, MONEY HUNGRY!" I know they are money hungry, but every other post is just about how they want money. I'm tired of seeing it. But while I agree, it's getting to the point to where it's uselessly included in most posts and it's bothering. We know they love money, we know they do bad things; We know this all. We know how they are. No need for "corrupt, money hungry, damnable company" every sentence. We get it. Please. Say something else. D:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand you think it's not limited or exclusive, but it's value isn't going down just because you can see the papers online later. Just because a book is able to be pirated or read by a million folks in a day doesn't mean the company is going to go, "Oh, its value is going down now.", it is just an unfortunate truth. Just because anyone can buy an apple doesn't mean it isn't worth a dollar. I understand you feel like your exclusives are being stripped away but the value is still there. Okay? Logically, the value is the same. Sentimentally, no, but in the real world it takes the same amount of money to profit. Sorry for that unfortunate truth as well.

P.S.

Sounds harsh, but I don't care how you take it. I am just stating what is logically true without any emotions getting in my way. If my emotions did barge in here, I'd get banned for bashing people. So consider this post very full of restraint.

Yours truly,

Ryu Hayabusa

Pulling out of this thread until further notice.

Lol what a useless post. The thing is that we are use to getting exclusives and extras with our Halo games when we buy the limited edition, but with this game there is no reason to buy Limited edition. You can still get the maps and everything down the road when they are released and we can watch FUD on Halo Waypoint w/o having to buy Limited edition, they are giving it to us for free. All I'm saying is that they need to show me that I'm actually getting something with my limited edition or I'll downgrade my regular. I can get all the extras later on. What if (god forsake) the game is a major flop, I'm $100 invested into a game I don't want to play and have NOTHING extra to show for it. I understand you love halo and you are loyal to Halo (so am I) But I'm not just going to throw extra money at them right off the bat for a couple pamphlets and a poster.

Lol what a useless post. The thing is that we are use to getting exclusives and extras with our Halo games when we buy the limited edition, but with this game there is no reason to buy Limited edition. You can still get the maps and everything down the road when they are released and we can watch FUD on Halo Waypoint w/o having to buy Limited edition, they are giving it to us for free. All I'm saying is that they need to show me that I'm actually getting something with my limited edition or I'll downgrade my regular. I can get all the extras later on. What if (god forsake) the game is a major flop, I'm $100 invested into a game I don't want to play and have NOTHING extra to show for it. I understand you love halo and you are loyal to Halo (so am I) But I'm not just going to throw extra money at them right off the bat for a couple pamphlets and a poster.

Wow you guys would have been LOST 10-15 years ago...

When the ONLY thing limited about the limited editions, was the case it came in, but yet people would gladly buy it, knowing full well that that's all they were getting.

When the ONLY thing limited about the limited editions, was the case it came in, but yet people would gladly buy it, knowing full well that that's all they were getting.

Dude I have been playing games for over 20 years.. And yeah the case it comes in is about all that Halo 4 has going for it.

Dude I have been playing games for over 20 years.. And yeah the case it comes in is about all that Halo 4 has going for it.

Well clearly, you, like many others here, don't understand the value of a limited edition copy.

Refer to Hayabusa's post for info.

Those were ten dollars extra though I believe... not 40.

Fact of the matter is if a company expects the consumers to put forth extra money for a product then they better plump up the product beforehand.

As it stands though the LE has way more in it than your giving it credit for. A nice case (Hence collectable) containing cool [collectible] artwork, pamphlets, and a poster... as well as several armor and skin changes that look interesting at best.

To anybody saying that Microsoft is a greedy company. Of course they are. People say that money is the root of all evil... but have they ever asked themselves what is the root of all money.

• Like 1

Well clearly, you, like many others here, don't understand the value of a limited edition copy.

Refer to Hayabusa's post for info.

No i definitely understand the value of a limited edition and the fact of the matter is that an $80 assassins creed limited edition with a 3 inch action figure has more going for it than this limited edition Halo 4 has.

Halo 3 by editions

Halo 3 was released in three separate retail versions, branded as "Standard", "Limited" and "Legendary" editions. The Standard Edition contains the game disc, manual, and a small poster with the game's control-map and artwork. The Limited Edition, contained in a metal case, contains the game disc, manual, poster, Xbox 360 bonus disc with featurettes, and a hardcover-bound "Bestiarum", a collection of information and art covering the species, cultures, and civilizations of Halo 3. The Legendary Edition contains the game disc, manual, poster, interactive bonus disc, the Bestiarum on a DVD, Legendary DVD containing exclusive content, and a scale replica of the Master Chief's helmet as a case for the three discs. The slip-cover packaging unfolds into a large heavy-stock poster of Master Chief.

It's not that we don't understand the value of a limited edition, it's just that this is significantly lesser than Bungie has brought us to know and love.. I LOVE what I have seen with the game itself, but 343s first outing with a new installment of Halo is obviously and very noticeably not what we are accustomed to with our $100 Halo Limited Editions.

How could you hold the controller when you were only three? lol

And this topic is starting to get a tad heated. Cool it down or it will be locked and warning points will be issued.

Switched my pre order today from LE to standard. My primary reason for purchasing the LE was for the future dlc maps at a discount price. Now that I am aware of the 25 map pass I will go that route instead.

I will admit that I do feel some resentment towards MS for some of these recent announcements involving exclusives that were advertised becoming available to everyone. Seems like false advertising.

Switched my pre order today from LE to standard. My primary reason for purchasing the LE was for the future dlc maps at a discount price. Now that I am aware of the 25 map pass I will go that route instead.

I will admit that I do feel some resentment towards MS for some of these recent announcements involving exclusives that were advertised becoming available to everyone. Seems like false advertising.

Yeah you save 16$ by buying SE + the retail pass separate. That 16$ is ironically the cost of FUD on disc what LE buyers actually thought we were getting.

• Like 1