Remember 9/11/2001

Smokin Shadowz

It does not need to be forgotten. No major event needs to be forgotten. I do think that people need to move on though. If it was the year after I could understand, but it's been 11 whole years since this has happened. I believe we really need to move on. It's terrible that so many people died that day and others lost loved ones. It's terrible that what happened did happen. What we should do is focus on the happiness we shared, all of the wonderful memories we have of those we lost. We should not continuously put ourselves down and fill everyone's hearts with sorrow every single year.

I lost my Aunt when I was very young, even before I was 12 years old. It wasn't something I could have been prepared for either. I was at school when my dad picked me up early. I got into our truck and he said something along the lines of "Mammy's sick, and she's not going to live." When I heard that I immediately started to cry my eyes out. I cried and cried and cried. There in the hospital I couldn't hardly do anything. I just stood and kept silent as I looked at her from time to time, scared and upset. So please understand that I know what it is like to suddenly lose someone that you love.

I wouldn't think that the families who lost loved ones would like to be reminded of the bad every year, nor would they like people to focus so much of their time on talking about the pain and suffering they and others around them went through. They wouldn't want us to give attention to those who committed those horrible acts that day. I personally would want to think only about the happiness I shared with whoever I lost, all of the wonderful memories I have of that person. You don't need a special day to show your respects for those who gave their lives or remind others to do the same. If you want to show respect, do so every single day that you live. Show respect by living your life to the fullest, being happy, and loving one another. Show respect by not putting so much attention on all of the bad things, and instead reminding yourself of all the good.

Reminding people of the pain, suffering, death, and sorrow on that day every single year is completely unnecessary.

• Like 7

You're all right, this won't be forgotten. Not even here in Germany. We had a minute of silence for it today and talked about what happened.

But on a happier note, today i also did some research and saw the new building that's being built on ground zero, the One World Trade Center.

I must say i'm very impressed by it! It looks awesome :)

• Like 5

You're all right, this won't be forgotten. Not even here in Germany. We had a minute of silence for it today and talked about what happened.

But on a happier note, today i also did some research and saw the new building that's being built on ground zero, the One World Trade Center.

I must say i'm very impressed by it! It looks awesome :)

Now this is a sign of true character. Thank you for your observance. You just gained a tremendous amount of respect from me.

• Like 2

I must say that it is a sad thing that happened... But I agree with Candi said.. I know how it is to lose a loved one, multiple actually, and I for one do not like celebrating/going to the graves on the anniversary of their deaths... It really is time to move on... Hope I don't sound harsh here.

• Like 3

September 11, 2001 will forever be etched into our memories.

Two years ago, my grandfather, who fought in WW2, compared 9/11 to Pearl Harbor. Both were surprise attacks on American soil that will forever change the mindset in America. Although Pearl Harbor thrust America into a World War, 9/11 thrust the world into the reality of the 21st century.

Although the world will move on, the lessons learned from 9/11 have not been completed, and the events in the early 21st century still represents that.

We will move on, but the repercussions of that day have not fully played out. For the youngest of Americans, this event and it's effects are most of what they know, and it will forever influence them.

• Like 1

September 11, 2001 will forever be etched into our memories.

Two years ago, my grandfather, who fought in WW2, compared 9/11 to Pearl Harbor. Both were surprise attacks on American soil that will forever change the mindset in America. Although Pearl Harbor thrust America into a World War, 9/11 thrust the world into the reality of the 21st century.

Although the world will move on, the lessons learned from 9/11 have not been completed, and the events in the early 21st century still represents that.

We will move on, but the repercussions of that day have not fully played out. For the youngest of Americans, this event and it's effects are most of what they know, and it will forever influence them.

Well said, very well said! :clap:

9/11 was a day I will never forget, nor would I ever want to. There was only one other time in our nations history that we have suffered such a great loss to to an attack on our home land. I was at work when my crew and I became aware of what happened and felt the deep sadness and loss of life that so many others felt. We went home soon after as no one felt up to working any more that day. Within the week I was back at the recruiting office attempting to get my old job back in the Airborne.

Thing is, this attack affected citizens from so many countries. This day is remembered like so many other days from our own history here in America. Many countries from all over the world have days of national mourning or remembrance. 9/11 is one of ours.

Take the time to remember this day and the impact it had on our nation and the world.

• Like 4

My husband refuse's to get back on the forums for the next few days due to the fact that some members have opened old wounds due to this day. I do have respect towards those that wish to celebrate it, but respect swings both ways. If you wish to celebrate this day, then please, do so silently so others do not get hurt when you do. My husband lost two cousins in those towers, and he was doing fine until some felt the need to reopen those wounds.

I agree with Candi, it is time to move on and not linger in the past. Whats in the past, stay in the past. I am sure that Hiroshima has moved on by now. It is time we did the same.

• Like 4