•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (24 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Welcome to the Community Mubaraka Sali :welcome:
@  Sikslik7 : (24 July 2014 - 04:32 PM) @Eqwinoxe ***** at valve
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:25 PM) So, $24 gone..
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:25 PM) `So, it's either stolen/being used or whatever..
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:24 PM) There is my error 'Wrong CD Key'..
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:23 PM) When was the latest patch?
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:23 PM) Hopefully. Dean is not doing a good job with it..
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:22 PM) And in the end it will have better content then the Arma 2 version
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:22 PM) Less content then Arma 2 Day Z atm, but it feels...better. Its hard to explain :P
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:21 PM) SA is MUCH better
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:21 PM) I wouldnt say that at all
@  AnimeAddict : (24 July 2014 - 04:21 PM) :wave:
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM) Im not buying DayZ SA waste of money IMO...
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM) Its for Arma II OA..
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM) It wasnt DayZ SA
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:18 PM) When I try to launch, it says CD Key Error, which either means its stolen, or corrupted...
@  Sikslik7 : (24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM) @Eqwinoxe yep that happens with those early access games, 7 Days to Die just implemented a safe key system
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM) :|
@  SykoWolf : (24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM) wut
@  Eqwinoxe : (24 July 2014 - 04:16 PM) I cant play, as I apprently got my key "stolen"..

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BR/DMR/Carbine kill times.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Biggles

Mr.Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,454 posts
Legend
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.

Achievements

User's Awards

3    3                                                                           

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Carbine
  • 18 shots per clip
  • 7 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 4 shots [4 shots being 4/7ths of a kill] ~2.57142857 kills)
  • 42 frames per kill
  • 1.4 seconds to kill (exact)
DMR
  • 15 shots per clip
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 3 kills per clip (max) (3 exactly)
  • 44 frames per kill
  • 1.46 (repeating 6) seconds to kill
BR
  • 12 shots per clip (36 bullets)
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 2 shots [2 shots being 2/5ths of a kill] = 2.4 kills)
  • 55 frames per kill
  • 1.83 (repeating 3) seconds to kill

Thoughts?

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Challenge me and Peanut! (Difficulty level: GSD)

http://343i.org/1qc

Want to find out how to improve at halo? Look no further! http://www.343indust...nt/#entry307541
BigglesBrown_rainbow_1.png

#2 RoosterTeethFan

RoosterTeethFan

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 477 posts
Trustworthy

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

where did you get this.

#3 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,490 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

He took it from the videos. Great work Mr. Biggles

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#4 shado12 lol

shado12 lol

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 150 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:joda 6642

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

nice statisticks.

Posted Image

#5 Victory Element

Victory Element

F Ξ A R

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,495 posts
Praised
  • Gamertag:Victory Element
  • LocationThe White Room

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

now it all comes down to the decision........which one will i use??? but anyways, good info and im glad you took the time to figure this info out

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ... victorious."

gallery_20993_451_49242.png

#6 SweatyBagels

SweatyBagels

Vault Hunter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,699 posts
Looked up to
  • Gamertag:SweatyBagels

Achievements

User's Awards

5       2                                    

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Great finding and a like for you good sir. I knew that that carbine was way powerful.
:)
Posted Image

Like if you Like, Don't Like if you Don't Like

#7 Unease P34nut

Unease P34nut

General Of The GDR

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,220 posts
Admired
  • Gamertag:Unease P34nut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me

Achievements

User's Awards

4    7    3                                          

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well it seems according to those stats that the DMR is a little bit OP. But think about it the DMR's ROF is alot slower And you need to get all the shots to hit and the last one to hit the head. I think this is easier to achieve with the BR because you have 3 shots to actually hit the head.
But now the carbine seems to lack a bit of power. But think about you can fire the Carbine as fast as you can and want.
So the Br has a high ROF not to many shots and medium power
The DMR has a low ROF ,has a medium amount of shots and high power
The Carbine has a medium ROF, the most shots of all but less power

Seems kinda balanced to me just use the one you play best with

Screw the rules! I've got money.

The banned section of the forum is a scary place...

unease%20p34nut_blue_1.png

#8 EliteSpartan

EliteSpartan

Insert Title Here

• Dedicated Members
  • 645 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:EliteISnIp3r
  • LocationGreece

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

I don't think the carbine has medium ROF, it fires way too fast. I hope they make all these weapons balanced.

tumblr_n8rl8xaplc1tzgzhso10_400.gif

#9 Unease P34nut

Unease P34nut

General Of The GDR

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,220 posts
Admired
  • Gamertag:Unease P34nut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me

Achievements

User's Awards

4    7    3                                          

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't think the carbine has medium ROF, it fires way too fast. I hope they make all these weapons balanced.

Comparing to the other rifles the carbine has definitly not the slowest and not the fastest ROF so thats why I think its medium

Screw the rules! I've got money.

The banned section of the forum is a scary place...

unease%20p34nut_blue_1.png

#10 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• 1,654 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationScotland

Achievements

User's Awards

3          3                                       

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Wait, so the DMR has a much longer range than the Battle Rifle, kills more enemies per clip than the Battle Rifle, kills faster than the Battle Rifle, and presumably can just be spammed as fast as possible to get kills up close faster than the Battle Rifle?

Plus, all three shots from the Battle Rifle are presumably less likely to hit than a single shot from the DMR...

Guess I'll be going for a Carbine/DMR combo. Seriously, what's the point of having the Battle Rifle anymore?
Verbosity is not a crime.

#11 Mr.Biggles

Mr.Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,454 posts
Legend
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.

Achievements

User's Awards

3    3                                                                           

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

Wait, so the DMR has a much longer range than the Battle Rifle, kills more enemies per clip than the Battle Rifle, kills faster than the Battle Rifle, and presumably can just be spammed as fast as possible to get kills up close faster than the Battle Rifle?

Plus, all three shots from the Battle Rifle are presumably less likely to hit than a single shot from the DMR...

Guess I'll be going for a Carbine/DMR combo. Seriously, what's the point of having the Battle Rifle anymore?

Exactly what i said. BR is inferior now.

hopefully pre E3 it will change.

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Challenge me and Peanut! (Difficulty level: GSD)

http://343i.org/1qc

Want to find out how to improve at halo? Look no further! http://www.343indust...nt/#entry307541
BigglesBrown_rainbow_1.png

#12 SweatyBagels

SweatyBagels

Vault Hunter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,699 posts
Looked up to
  • Gamertag:SweatyBagels

Achievements

User's Awards

5       2                                    

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

I really hope that they do some tweaking here. Considering how much love everyone has for the BR it should at least be worth picking up. I mean that was considered a really big plus for me in H4... it having the BR back and all. Obviously I'm going to want to use it.

:)
Posted Image

Like if you Like, Don't Like if you Don't Like

#13 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• 1,654 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationScotland

Achievements

User's Awards

3          3                                       

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

It shouldn't even be that hard to tune them to be balanced properly. Here's an example of how it could be done.

The DMR should still be able to get 3 kills/clip. However, decrease the maximum firing rate so that it has slower kills times than the Battle Rifle and the Carbine, and set it so that aim assist only kicks in beyond a certain distance. Doesn't have to be far, just enough to stop people winning versus Assault Rifles at close distances. This means it works at a longer distance than the other weapons, but has to be used from those distances in order to guarantee a win.

The Battle Rifle becomes a sort of newbie-friendly Carbine. Not terribly accurate, but it has a little more in the way of aim assist and the larger reticle means every shot is more likely to hit something. Its faster kill times let it beat the DMR if every shot hits (rewarding use at its effective range).

The Carbine becomes a more 'pro' weapon. It has the fastest kill time of all, but has very little aim assist and suffers from worse recoil than the Battle Rifle. A good player can keep it on target much more easily, so provided every shot hits it beats the Battle Rifle (rewarding the fact that it's the hardest weapon to use) although its much more likely to miss outright than either of the other weapons.

It's really not hard to balance these three. One only works at longer ranges, and the other two become low risk/low reward and high risk/high reward.
Verbosity is not a crime.

#14 mrpewterschmidt

mrpewterschmidt

Hunter

• Members
  • 38 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

This is very helpful, thanks Biggles. Can you add in Assault Rifle? I'm finding it to be pretty effective at short range against dmr/br guys, because 1 or 2 misses for them is all it takes me to win a standoff with my AR

#15 Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs

Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 593 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:humpstyles

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hmmm. It seems the Carbine has turned into a disappointment for me.

cooler than a polar bear's toes.

#16 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,490 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

The light rifle spines in is faster than all of these. I can not wait to try it out in some BTB.

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#17 KinetiKz

KinetiKz

Drone

• Members
  • 16 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:KinetiKzZz

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

The DMR is the only balanced gun in the game in terms of an "Assault Rifle" category'd gun. The Light Rifle, DMR, and Battle Rifle are your 3 weapons of choice that should every be considered. The Light Rifle takes more shots when not scoped in, less when scoped in; get rid of it. The Battle Rifle is more overpowered than the DMR, and here is why:

Although they take the same amount of shots, with and without scope, they are not the same.

(I realize that the BR is supposed to be better at a short range, and the DMR is supposed to be better at a long range -- which weapon you use for THIS reason should vary on the map, the gametype, and your playstyle I suppose...)

But...Here's why...

Let's say there are 2 players going into a 1v1 BR/DMR fight. Player 1 is your average Halo player n00b, where as Player 2 is a professional Halo player that is not such a rookie. Both players are using the DMR with standard settings, everything is normal. Player 1 and Player 2 both hit eachother 4 times apiece. Each player is now 1 shot away (in the head) from dying. Player 2, being more skilled, hits the 5th shot in the head, whereas Player 1 hit Player 2 in the shoulder.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 is awarded the kill, as he should be, for having more "skill", and walks away a "weakened-1shot".

In the other way around, Player 1 and Player 2 are both using a Battle Rifle. Both players have again hit eachother in the body 4 times, remaining a headshot away from being awarded a kill. On the 5th shot, Player 2 again hits Player 1 in the head; however, this time, Player 1 has (with his 3 bullets, since battle rifle's shoot 3 bullets in comparison to the DMR's 1) has hit Player 2 in the shoulder, the neck, and the shoulder. In this situation, both players are awarded a kill, and a trade occurs.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 and Player 1 are both awarded a kill, but it is not based off of "skill".

I know there is not near as much "spray, spread, swiping", whatever you would like to call it, as there was in Halo 3, but nonetheless, there is still a "spread".

I realize that none of these guns will be changed in anyway, and I realize also that it's all there for fun and will remain constant, so people's discussions and complaints are irrelevant, but I figured I would throw these facts out there for those who seem to be upset about these DMR/BR/LR discussions.

All in all, don't use the Light Rifle, if you're playing a close range map with lots of hallways, use the BR, otherwise use the DMR.

Over all, if you can scope in 24/7 [which you shouldn't be able to], use the LR; but the BR is still the best "Assault Rifle" type gun in the game, for the reasons stated above; unfortunately.

<3

#18 BBK6566

BBK6566

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 101 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:xX LAKEX BBK Xx

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

dmr op

0 user(s) are reading this topic