Reason Behind No Elites

BigMartin58

I am just speculating on this, just as a heads-up...

Ok, so when you look at an Elite, it doesn't have a visor. Just a helmet.

Halo4_0013.jpg

So, I think 343 WANTED to put elites in Halo 4 as a playable character, BUT, couldn't implement how a HUD would work if the Elites don't have visors.

And playing any FPS, you NEED a HUD...

Just thought I'd try and clear things up... :)

343industries already said that there was a story between the red against blue in multiplayer so you speculation is wrong. Also the HUD wouldn't change... look at all the other Halo games. Its basically the same thing.

so what if the elites do not have HUDS in this game? technically, the Arbiter did not have one in Halo 2 but he was still a playable character. I think 343i tossed out the elite because they are, overall, going to be insignificant in halo 4 and would waste precious disc space that can be used for other additions.

• Like 1

however are these the elites we know or are they part of an old sanghelli society that rebeled against the arbiter on the homeworld (the monks) and lost but found coordinantes in a specific temple on a certain homeworld of the elites that lead them to requiem but end up running into the chief. (if you have no idea what im talking about go read halo Glasslands) it would explain the old fashion looking armour that existed thousands of years ago and why they are attacking chief (the monks hated the idea of siding with the humans they wanted all of us dead). just some food for thought. . . . .

Elites are not in because halo 4 multiplayer is a digital training system built for spartan IVs aboard the infinity, designed to let the Spartans learn each others tactics, weaknesses, strengths, and abilities in combat. Also, they fight against each other, for the reason that they learn what other spartan's instincts are in combat, and their fighting style. This is why there are no elites in multiplayer.

well then, why would you train against spartans when you (in real combat) are fighting Elites (and other covenant/forerunner)?

Because it's generally quite difficult to train against someone who actually wants to kill you. That's normally classed as combat.

OT: Interesting speculation, but unlikely. The Elites in Reach had open faces after all, and they still had a HUD: I think (though I'm quite possibly wrong) that I read in one of the novels that Elites wear some sort of contact lenses which is what their HUDs appear on, rather than being shown on the visor itself.

• Like 1

Because it's generally quite difficult to train against someone who actually wants to kill you. That's normally classed as combat.

OT: Interesting speculation, but unlikely. The Elites in Reach had open faces after all, and they still had a HUD: I think (though I'm quite possibly wrong) that I read in one of the novels that Elites wear some sort of contact lenses which is what their HUDs appear on, rather than being shown on the visor itself.

I personally feel this makes more sense that the stupid reasons that have indeed been mentioned. I think I might have heard that before, recalling it...

I personally feel this makes more sense that the stupid reasons that have indeed been mentioned. I think I might have heard that before, recalling it...

someone isnt stupid for just exploring an answer to why there are no elites. 343 employees have to think about this stuff everyday and frankly more then you do so dont go around claiming people are stupid.

someone isnt stupid for just exploring an answer to why there are no elites. 343 employees have to think about this stuff everyday and frankly more then you do so dont go around claiming people are stupid.

I am only speaking the truth. You truly are stupid for thinking that they're not in it just because some concept art has no visor. That is lame.

I never understood this. I think it would make more sense that Elites are enemies in H4 because they broke the truce. In Halo 3, it was more like sparring with allies than a bloodbath. And why would they train Spartans for combat against other Spartans? Elites have different head sizes and shapes, different body movements and different armor. Sounds like ineffective training to me.

• Like 1

And yet again another thread has been born for people to vent about their not being elites in the multiplayer. As for the training, Im pretty sure no armed force sends a soldier out with a gun against their enemy and say "Good luck, you'll learn it as you go... hopefully". They have at least some training before combat, so spartan vs spartan training simulations makes sense. Also, this is a community forum, therefore differences in opinions are supposed to be encouraged, for it shows differing beliefs and forum diversity. If every felt the same, there would be no need for a forum like this. It's great that we all can debate about this, but honestly, there are a many threads over this exact kind of speculation, so lets try to group it all together by searching for these threads before posting a new one. I stopped using this forum for awhile because all that i ever saw on the front page was people raging about no elites. while thats mostly gone now, i see it isnt completely gone from the front -_-

The only thing i hope is that 343 will not stray from their intended course to please some of the community. Bioware did that with Mass Effect 3 with creating a new ending for the game, but i believe that 343 takes enough pride in their work to not be swayed because of a few disgruntled fans. Be strong 343, be strong.

As for you Fal ' whatever, you are being quite irritating. You seem to show up anywhere elites are mentioned and are hell-bent on making sure everyone knows how you think that elites are superior and that you are more than upset at their removal from multiplayer. If you wish to comment, please keep it respectful. Calling someone's comment stupid is the farthest thing from respect, that is what is called "rude".

Edited by Krinn3
  • Like 1

I am just speculating on this, just as a heads-up...

Ok, so when you look at an Elite, it doesn't have a visor. Just a helmet.

So, I think 343 WANTED to put elites in Halo 4 as a playable character, BUT, couldn't implement how a HUD would work if the Elites don't have visors.

And playing any FPS, you NEED a HUD...

Just thought I'd try and clear things up... :)

Your lack of logic is disturbing, all elites in the previous games had no visor and we still played them :thumbdown:

well then, why would you train against spartans when you (in real combat) are fighting Elites (and other covenant/forerunner)?

LOGIC^^ :thumbsup:

Dude, that is the worst reason that I have ever heard for Sangheili not being in Halo 4 as playable. Besides, they're in Custom Games and Forge.

Not enough, i belive a elite exclusive playlist should be added, since the halo community clearly has many elite fans.