Elder Scrolls Online Announced

he Elder Scrolls Online has been announced by Bethesda. It is in development at Zenimax Online Studios, and is being developed for PC and Mac under the leadership of Matt Firor, who has spent the last two decades working in online game development.

“We have been working hard to create an online world in which players will be able to experience the epic Elder Scrolls universe with their friends, something fans have long said they wanted,” said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years. The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise.”

Details are scant at this time, but expect a screenshot later today and a teaser trailer tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well, with Bethesda's current financial status and failed attempts at profits, I sure hope they aren't turning into Blizzard Entertainment. They sure fell flat when they started working on World of Warcraft, but then agian, we'll see if we'll get Armor for our Horses or not, given how they tried to trademark dragon shouts. This is just an announcement, so I won't say anything until I see some footage comming out sometime in the not-so-distant future.