Katana in Halo 4

Darklarik

Niether is using a giant gold club but hey, its in the last 2 games :/

It's in the games in a "fun" playlist, not meant to be taken seriously. If you did the same with this, then fine, but otherwise leave it out of regular matchmaking.

Realistically a Katana would shatter if a spartan hit another spartan with it. I dislike the Japanese influence in Halo 3 that came with the Hayabusa and Katana, it seemed like a bad idea to me. I understand it somewhat appeals to the fanbase, but I don't think they should be doing things that don't fit into the Halo Universe.

It is possible that there will be a forerunner melee weapon, possibly a sword, which would take the place of a Katana perfectly in my mind.

Realistically a Katana would shatter if a spartan hit another spartan with it. I dislike the Japanese influence in Halo 3 that came with the Hayabusa and Katana, it seemed like a bad idea to me. I understand it somewhat appeals to the fanbase, but I don't think they should be doing things that don't fit into the Halo Universe.

It is possible that there will be a forerunner melee weapon, possibly a sword, which would take the place of a Katana perfectly in my mind.

hahah, since when is Halo realistic? have you forgoten spartans can block a PLASMA sword in halo reach with their FIST?!?! where is the logic in that?

That would be modern day - Future Katanas would be made using titanium or something

That would be modern day - Future Katanas would be made using titanium or something

Perhaps, but who knows if it would do that much damage when there's armor and shields in the way. Also, you couldn't duel with someone who has an energy sword, as the energy sword would simply cut through it. It would be more logical to focus on making better projectile weapons, rather than updating swords in a war where guns are used. Just saying

Read my response in your other thread.

Read my retort.

Perhaps, but who knows if it would do that much damage when there's armor and shields in the way. Also, you couldn't duel with someone who has an energy sword, as the energy sword would simply cut through it. It would be more logical to focus on making better projectile weapons, rather than updating swords in a war where guns are used. Just saying

Call of Duty has a millions guns. I like Halo's way of kepping things simple. 2 machines guns. 2 long ranged rifles. 2 sniper rifles. 2 bazzokas. ecs

Beside, when im out there shooting my way out, i like to mix things up a little, a future katana of some sort would be awsome, better at least, then a giant gold club

Read my retort.

[/color]

Call of Duty has a millions guns. I like Halo's way of kepping things simple. 2 machines guns. 2 long ranged rifles. 2 sniper rifles. 2 bazzokas. ecs

Beside, when im out there shooting my way out, i like to mix things up a little, a future katana of some sort would be awsome, better at least, then a giant gold club

Read mine aswell.

I'm all for a forerunner sword type thing, but a japanese Katana seems like a bad idea to me.