Will there be a Halo 2 Remake?

My silly friend, do have any idea how much time it takes to redo assets to make them compatable with a hybrid new engine? I'm sorry, I forgot that you were a better programmer and understood the engine better than me. Not! The command lines handling the output formats has to be written from scratch, and the formats have to be writtent o be compatable in both a PC sandbox and original xbox 1 sandbox environment. And lets not even get started on the emulation needed to handle the running of the Xbox 1 titles on the new Live system.

Remaking halo 2 into a proper release takes more than just a few "I can" people. If Microsoft is soooo big and sooo smart, then why did they hire 2 failed companies to try to port the first Halo 2 PC title? Can you give me a solid answer for that?

Mindless dribble....that is what infoerior intillect 343i trolls use to say they didn't undertsand anything I posted. Tell me, what was the last big company you worked for in the media and Entertainment department?

I never said it would never be remade, I was quoting Frankie..a 343i employee...you know him right? Yeah, he said the studio does not support any previous Halo games and the Halo CEA remake was only done to mark Halo's 10 years of greatness. It wasn't done because everyone cried about wanting it. If that was the case, the multiplayer would have been redone to go along with it. I don't know where you get your silly facts or rumors..but you should really ask for your money back.

Narrow minded am I? Why, because I understand what I hear direct from a companies mouth? Because I understand development lifecycles and put to you all bluntly? Gee whiz sorry for not breaking things to you guys more gently. Do you want a bottle with my post next time I am on? MS does not dictate or control the development time necessary to produce a game. They are the publisher, 343i and it's employees are the producers/creators. Microsoft is at the mercy of how fast and how high quality 343i or even Bungie for that matter, back in the day, could get the game done. Fact is, Halo 2 would have already had to be in a production phase right now in order to complete it in time for the 2014 release someone else posted a rumor about. I'd like to see that solid evidence that points to this? Conscidering 343i and Microsoft officially and straight forward stated that no plans for future remakes was in the works or even on the bargaining table.

TL;DR. You are not very smart, are you? You can pontificate all you want, H2 will get done by Nov 2014 and nothing you can type will change that. I believe you had a couple of courses in programming and now you are the worlds greatest...in your own mind. Whatever you typed means nothing, all MS has to do is hire the right amount of the right people and it will get done.

Going to lash-out some more, maybe call me a few names? That's a good little fellow, go take your nap now.

Nap time? I'm a little old for nap time my friend. Care to quote or post up.this source of this supposed remake? Show me some proof it exists and its detailed working development plan, then you can spout off like you know something. All you have done is point fingers and call my knowledge of the game out. How about YOU show.some proof that you know what you are talking about.

Btw, if Halo 2 was on Microsofts schedule to be put into.development at a solid time allotment...I would have gotten the memo on that from my development ring.

Btw, if Halo 2 was on Microsofts schedule to be put into.development at a solid time allotment...I would have gotten the memo on that from my development ring.

Yeah, sure, they wouldn't make move without consulting you. Lol, as far as I'm concerned your development ring doesn't exist. Some people like to make up reality as they go along, and that is you.

Perhaps you want to make an announcement about H2A, since you are so high up. Like I said, when H2A is announced, I'll certainly celebrate while thinking of you.

Again, you are avoiding the issue you started. You said that the remake "Was in development"....still waiting for that link....still waiting.....

And yes go ahead and rage out and try to twist words. I am part of a large developers ring that meets with Microsoft 4 times a year for deployment on various products and platforms. It came with my highprice tag MSDN subscription and premium membership to Bizspark. If a remake was coming, I would have heard about it long before anyone else in the general community.

I'm sorry what was that? Can't find that link yet that stated directly the remake was happening? Come back when you find it troll.

Oh and for the record I could care less if Halo 2 got remade. Why would I care? I'm not the one making money from it. They can remake every Halo game in existence if they want. I wont lose any sleep over it.

Again, you are avoiding the issue you started. You said that the remake "Was in development"....still waiting for that link....still waiting.....

And yes go ahead and rage out and try to twist words. I am part of a large developers ring that meets with Microsoft 4 times a year for deployment on various products and platforms. It came with my highprice tag MSDN subscription and premium membership to Bizspark. If a remake was coming, I would have heard about it long before anyone else in the general community.

I'm sorry what was that? Can't find that link yet that stated directly the remake was happening? Come back when you find it troll.

Oh and for the record I could care less if Halo 2 got remade. Why would I care? I'm not the one making money from it. They can remake every Halo game in existence if they want. I wont lose any sleep over it.

Now you are making things up. Quote me where I said it is now in development. Go ahead, quote me. I did not say it is in development. I said when it is made, I will laugh at you and I will do that, count on it.

There you go again with the name calling, it's the first refuge you hid behind and you are still doing it.

For the record, I could care less about what you think, since your world is make believe. As for raging, reread your posts, you are the raging one.

Find the post where I said H2 is in development right now.

Ok, first off, you haven't seen me rage yet. I am simply trying to point out why your posts are wrong, and instead of manning up to being wrong, you insist on quoting every post I make...which btw, annoys the admins here. You may want to avoid doing it every post.

Second, making a remake of Halo 2 is not simply making things compatable with Live today. In order to do the remake, they have to decompile and recompile every asset in the game, then carefully go back thru and make sure every asset matches the original format in functionality, and test it over and over again. Before that even happens, they have to write a new code base for format differences. It is not as simple as recompile source assets with a new tool and play. it's far beyond that. As a friendly suggestion, you really should go to B-Net and watch their VidOC's on development for the titles. After watching them, you will see what I am saying is nothing but hard published fact. Also take into account that to do the remake properly, they need to design and write a variant engine to run the remastered version on. Aside from that, now you need to develop new assets for the remastered versions.

Third, Halo CEA was a project that resulted from Bungie splitting with Microsoft and not renewing their contract. This occured in 2007 but the original contract stated they still had a few games to produce. When the split occured, Microsoft formed 343Industries, and the inital plan for CEA began. Yes a majority of the game work did not happen until late 2009, but it also took 3 studios a little over a year combined to do the work last minute And at this time, Halo 4 was in production as well. Sabre Int. employed 200 people, and Certain affinity 60 people alone during CEA development. If you alot each team a basic entry 36,000 a year pay, that equates to $9,360,000.00 just for those 2 studios. Add in the 120 or so that 343i has and you get a total $13,680,000.00 just for the basic entry pay for the development of Halo CEA. That does not take into account that people were not all paid the same basic entry rate. I'm no business genius, but 13 million is a lot of money to put into development for a simple remake now isn't it? Now your talking about hiring more than that just to do a remake of Halo 2, while mixing Halo 4 and Halo 5 into the mix?

All of this was done using the Reach Blam! engine code base. The published fact decision to use reach instead of a standalone MM was because they did not want to split the community further, and because dev time to develop a compatable newtork model for CEA to use would have been a 3 year process alone. Halo 2 would be no different, since the network model used for that is extremely out of date compared to the newest Live itteration we have now.

Now, I'm just going to do the same quote game you seem to be playing with me...

Yup, it's a rewrite, none of the development time, no story line development, no artwork development...just make the damned thing compatible with the current Live servers. It's a lot of work but MS has the people, there's plenty of time. To people who know what they are doing, it is a simple rewrite, that's what they are paid to do. Just because I can't do it does not mean it's not simple work to leaders in the field.

Besides, H1 came out in 2002, H2 came out in 2004, with your scale of time they were working on H2 2 years before H1 was released. I'd say the total amount of time it took was 3 years...and that was for a new game, not a remake.

Halo 1 came out in November of 2001. They started prelim work on Halo 2 roughly 6 weeks after Halo 1 launched. Halo 2 came out in 2004. 3 Years dev time.

You can pontificate all you want but when H2 is released in 2014, I'll be there to laugh at you.

TL;DR. You are not very smart, are you? You can pontificate all you want, H2 will get done by Nov 2014 and nothing you can type will change that.

Insinuating that it is in development, or just reading the statement wrong. Perhaps better wording is needed? If it was taken out of context or just worded wrong, my bad bro. Sorry.

It didn't take Bungie 3 years to make Halo 2 in the first place. The majority of the work is still there, 343 just has to rewrite, not invent the wheel again.

See my first quote for the correct answer to this one.

I am sorry if I offended you in any way earlier, but this has to stop. I am simply trying to point you to simple published fact and truth that points to the unlikelyhood of a remake. I would be happy to see one get done, it doesn't effect me. I would love for my fellow gamers of a newer generation get to enjoy what i did back in 04, but the simple truth is, it's highly unlikely. Feel free to prove anything I have said wrong, by linking in correct data. I am not above being wrong, and when i am I am certaintly man enough to admit it. Ask around, I'm not a high horse or punch puller by any means. I hope that we can continue to debate further, but on a more friendly and calmer balance. But all this is wasted of coarse, if your unwilling to read anything I have posted at all. Either way, this will be my last post if that will make everyone happy. I do look forward to future calmer debates in teh future with you. You do have quite an articulate way of putting things. Cheers!

• Like 2

Guest Thee Dogg

Lets end it to this. They might they might not make halo 2. We don't know just gonna have to wait . Instead of argiuing of pointless replys come together and find a way to end this arguement

• 2 weeks later...

Nap time? I'm a little old for nap time my friend. Care to quote or post up.this source of this supposed remake? Show me some proof it exists and its detailed working development plan, then you can spout off like you know something. All you have done is point fingers and call my knowledge of the game out. How about YOU show.some proof that you know what you are talking about.

Hey! When you become old and in retirement, there will be a Nap time!!