Just Accept the change

Spyro

Ok guys, you're all telling me that I need to stop telling you to all accept the changes. that the changes are bad. that they shouldn't change halo. well just please find a way to tell me how halo would have gotten to where it is today without change. just answer me that. because without changes made to halo, you wouldn't even have online multiplayer for halo in the first place.

Im not saying they shouldn't change halo! Im simply saying I have a right to be skeptical about changes. Halo 1, Halo 2 and Halo 3 did just fine without changing things completely. Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 PROGRESSED and then Halo Reach comes along and changes EVERYTHING! The online population of Reach is laughable when you look at where halo 3's number was when it was a couple years old. Hell, halo 2 had bigger populations than halo reach does now. That tells me that halo reach is a fail and thats why im skeptical of halo 4. Because 343 decides to take things from.reach, which in my mind is inferior to all other halos. Like I said im buying it either way but I am somewhat worried if halo 4 will suck me in like the first three games did.

I played the first two, just not at their release dates. I didn't play Combat Evolved until 2004. I loved it. My friend got Halo 2 a few months after release and we played hours together. What I meant was that I wasn't there for their releases, not that I never played them.

Either way, you werent there for the prime. You never got to understand all the hype and thrill around it when Halo was in its prime. Halo was THE game back in the day, CoD honestly wasnt anywhere close in popularity

Decided it was time I stepped in here. First off, you all need to remove yourselves from the pedestal. Everything I have read thus far is simply over-inflated opinion, with no basis for truth or proof there of. Second, telling people they suck in any shape or form is below you. So what if everyone is not as good as you, or they prefer a different style of gaming. Does that make you superior?

Now for some of the things I have an issue with....

Ctrl X You, you went on to say that anyone who played Reach for little time, does not know what makes a good Halo game? That lone stement shows your closed view, and your intolorance for anything other than what you deam to be true or "real" in terms of all things Halo. I have been around gaming before Halo, and played every title. I like Reach just as much as any other previous title. In some ways, Reach is superior to the rest. I don't really have time to type it all out for you, but search around for my posts or ask around about me...you'll see or find what I ams aying here. Halo means different things to every single gamer. There is no true or right way to make or break the Halo expereince. The expereince in question along with quality, is purely up to each individual.

DragonMonday, I understand your complaints and see where you are going, but there is no need to perpetuate a flame war any further. You said your piece and gave your opinions, now it's time to step aside and take the peacefull road. Replying back to insults or rants will only further fuel the roughness in here.

Viva, adapting is what is going on right now. The gaming industry and the way in which we play is right smack dab in the middle of an enormous evolution. Long gone are the days of gameplay of the previous Halo titles, and the same can be said for the previous various other titles we enjoy. A new generation of gamer is now beginning to emerge. And as such, the newest generation must be thought of and nutured the same way we were. Asking people to adapt is not a silly or "retarded" notion. And please watch the mental disability comments.....

As for anyone else here who has a problem and has done nothing more than to contribute to this already dead and way off topic post......GET OVER IT. This is why the community is no longer great, and this is why the rest of the gaming world laughs at us. we can't even get along well enough to debate peacefully with eachother. Have any of you read thru this thread fully, and completely absorbed what was said, how it was said and why? Please please please, enough already. Change is happening and it isn't going to stop. You can either choose to move forward and embrace the new gameplay generation of goodness in-store for us, or you can choose to stay back a while and play thru more comfortable expereinces. Either way, you win, and it is neither right or wrong. Lets leave it at that.

You're right. I will now respond only to positive comments. Thank you.

Im not saying they shouldn't change halo! Im simply saying I have a right to be skeptical about changes. Halo 1, Halo 2 and Halo 3 did just fine without changing things completely. Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 PROGRESSED and then Halo Reach comes along and changes EVERYTHING! The online population of Reach is laughable when you look at where halo 3's number was when it was a couple years old. Hell, halo 2 had bigger populations than halo reach does now. That tells me that halo reach is a fail and thats why im skeptical of halo 4. Because 343 decides to take things from.reach, which in my mind is inferior to all other halos. Like I said im buying it either way but I am somewhat worried if halo 4 will suck me in like the first three games did.

Halo Reach did not change "everything". If anything, Reach's problem was that it tried to keep classic Halo gameplay intact while changing a little bit...so you end up with a balless half assed change that is enough to annoy veterans and not enough to satisfy noobs.

The point isnt to say that a full on change will inevitably be good...only to say that Reach's vulnerability wasn't that they changed too much but that they changed too little and that if you are going to progress a series beyond tired reiterations (like in CoD) you are going to end up sacrificing old gameplay for new. You cannot have your cake and eat it too, which is what Bungie tried to do with Reach.

• 1 month later...

i dont get it. halo has always been changing, and almost always for the better (except for taking out dual-wielding :P). now 343 has taken over, and theyre trying their hardest to make a great game while tons and tons of people ***** about the changes, and say its becoming another COD game (-_-). whats funny though, COD has been stealing off of halo for years. and there have been games before COD that had customizable weapons/classes.