Put your AA Complaints here...

DocSpartanO07

I find armor effects to be a part of game play, if you haven't figured out how to defeat each one then you probably never will, sorry its just time to get used to it

You speaketh the truth, unfortunately that many people complained they altered some of the AA, shame really as I didnt see any issues with AL

DMR iz bad.

Bloom iz bad.

Sniping iz easy.

Armor lock iz gay.

Grenades to powerful.

I would like higher jumping.

BR or no bloom DMR I would like.

Beat down system iz dumb.

Thats it.

DMR's are bad? Bullet for bullet they do a lot more damage than the old BR's. Not to mention better at longer ranges.

No bloom, huh? Do you have something against skill? Should we have them put training wheels on the warthog so it doesn't flip, too?

Sniping is improved a bit with the bloom. Not as easy as when you used to have no recoil.

But this is supposed to be for AAs, not the laundry list. Am I wrong?

First off, AAs add a new dynamic to the game. While trends exist, you still have to wonder wonder what your opponent has up their sleeve...unless that sleeve is a massive jetpack on their back. AS far as it not being Halo, well, last I checked it WAS Halo made by the people who MADE CE.

Even though I use it, Armor lock does get abused, but more for lack of experience than anything else. Kinda like the noob combo, only that's more just to be a cheap SOB. Everyone complains about getting bested in beat down competitions against AL. You chose to run in there like an idiot and play the B-for-Beat card knowing they MIGHT have it. Suck it up and move on; lesson learned. Works great for a point man on a team, and if the other team chooses to waste their ordinance on the AL, too bad for them. I could justify limiting it to one lock per charge, though. And not shed grenades stuck before the lock, but contain the blast from the teammates. Make using it more challenging.

Cloak is about as balanced as it can get. Move to fast and you might as well be wearing blaze orange. Radar jamming for the user is a must. Scrambling the enemy radar is a nice bit too; again with the team oriented combat. Yes they know there's a cloaker there, BUT they'll need to stop watching the radar and use their eyes to see if anyone else is around.

Jet pack is for mobility. Maybe could use a slightly longer cool-down, but otherwise fine. If you burn it out chances are everyone else has noticed the bright shining beacon soaring through the sky and have already started throwing shots your way.

Sprint is Mobility. Though I agree it needs to last longer, especially considering you lower your weapon to use it. Maybe increase the cool down a little to offset the duration.

Evade? All about the timing. "Do a barrel roll, Fox!" Enough said.

Drop shield is great. Long cool down. Easily dropped if you really hammer it. Maybe shed the health regen and just keep it a "group shield," But really it's limitations weigh alright with the pros.

Hologram. Works in a heavy firefight when people aren't paying attention to the gray blip, or in sniper matches a time or two. Yeah, it can be obvious, BUT I've seen some folks on there that can pull off the trickery again and again. I don't have that knack.

FINALLY A DECENT GUY OUT ALL THOSE ******* COMPLAINING TO THEIR MOMMIES ABOUT ARMOR LOCK!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh mom somebody owned me with armor lock. Armor Lock is gayyyyyyyyy :(

Seriously people armor lock is not gay. It is pretty good. Just a bit over powered thats all. If you learn to use it in a strategic way. Its really fun and is very useful. And even if you don't wanna use armor lock then learn to freakin block it or dodge it and not complain about it like babies...

How do you dodge Armor Lock?

And sorry, but AL is for wimps. A strategic way, as in Use-it-everytime-you're-about-to-die-and-have-your-friends-save-you strategic? I don't lose to AL, but it's still a ***** ability and doesn't belong in a Halo game. Oddly, this is the only Armor Ability I have a problem with. Drop Shield is great for Invasion and whatnot, Jet Pack isn't much of an advantage, makes you more of bigger target if anything. Sprint and Camo, I personally can do without, but aren't super game changing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Armor lock sucks its inconvenient to everybody and it was overpowered until 343i fixed most of it(Thank you btw) i mean cmon the thing can blow up vehicles, suck you in and take away your shields if your close enough, paralyze vehicles, negate sticky grenades, make u invincible until your team can come up and kill your enemy i dont use it cuz its cheap id rather use classic run but thats IMO

Armor lock sucks its inconvenient to everybody and it was overpowered until 343i fixed most of it(Thank you btw) i mean cmon the thing can blow up vehicles, suck you in and take away your shields if your close enough, paralyze vehicles, negate sticky grenades, make u invincible until your team can come up and kill your enemy i dont use it cuz its cheap id rather use classic run but thats IMO

Armour lock only destroys vehicles when the moron driving it decides to ram into you at full speed instead of using the guns mounted on the vehicle. Think, people. Armour lock can NOT suck you in, no matter how close you are. That is an outright lie. If you're too close, it will drain your shields once the person pops, that's it. Again, it only disables vehicles when they're too close and someone pops the lock. 343 has chosen to disable the sticky shedding ability for armour lock, which I personally enjoy. Of course it makes you invincible. That's what it is meant to do. The downside is that you can not do anything but sit there and watch as others crowd around to take you out. If someone's teammates happen to rescue him/her while they're armour locking, then they were using what is called "teamwork". That's a part of Halo.

Armour lock only destroys vehicles when the moron driving it decides to ram into you at full speed instead of using the guns mounted on the vehicle. Think, people. Armour lock can NOT suck you in, no matter how close you are. That is an outright lie. If you're too close, it will drain your shields once the person pops, that's it. Again, it only disables vehicles when they're too close and someone pops the lock. 343 has chosen to disable the sticky shedding ability for armour lock, which I personally enjoy. Of course it makes you invincible. That's what it is meant to do. The downside is that you can not do anything but sit there and watch as others crowd around to take you out. If someone's teammates happen to rescue him/her while they're armour locking, then they were using what is called "teamwork". That's a part of Halo.

Im guessing you dont play reach at all armor lock DOES suck you in if you get close enough and i think splattering ppl is much more fun than shooting them. There is no point in using teamwork if your team is full of retards.

Im guessing you dont play reach at all armor lock DOES suck you in if you get close enough and i think splattering ppl is much more fun than shooting them. There is no point in using teamwork if your team is full of retards.

No, it does not pull you in. Link me to a video demonstrating someone being pulled in by armour lock. You can't. Armour lock does not pull you into the user. Even if it did, it would only be if you were to get extremely close to the person. I've played Reach plenty, just so you know. I pre-ordered the game before it was released, and have played at least four days total of multiplayer. That may not seem like a lot, but I also spend plenty of time in custom games and offline splitscreen. You think splattering people is much more fun than shooting them? That's just too bad. The vehicles have guns on them for a reason. If you want to risk getting blown up because you decided to ram someone, it's your fault if you end up ejected out of your comfy little seat and onto the cold hard ground. If you're playing in a team, you stick with one of your teammates. If you decide to go lone wolf, you're just as bad as anyone else who does.

Alex just don't try to explain or debate a point with her. She is completely in love with AA's and won't accept any thought otherwise. I understand what you mean by getting sucked in by someone who waits till the last second and AL's and destroy a Warthog an all occupants. It is easier to just state your thoughts or opinions and avoid getting "sucked" into her word game.

Alex just don't try to explain or debate a point with her. She is completely in love with AA's and won't accept any thought otherwise. I understand what you mean by getting sucked in by someone who waits till the last second and AL's and destroy a Warthog an all occupants. It is easier to just state your thoughts or opinions and avoid getting "sucked" into her word game.

I'm not completely in love with armour abilities. I just dislike when people come up with terrible reasons for why they're no good. How about you read my posts before you reply? If he dies because he tried splatter someone, it's his fault. He should use the guns on the vehicle for what they're there for. When you try to ram someone, you risk getting blown up. It's not armour locks fault that you made a poor decision, it's your own. Here's a tip. When you see someone armour lock...stay away from them. Oh, by the way. You will not be blown up from being "sucked into" armour lock. You will only be blown up if you decide to ram into someone at full speed. Again, it's your own fault if you die. Sure it may be more fun to ram someone, but you should know that you run the risk of dying (or missing them as they jump high into the air). Show me a video. Better yet, come into a custom game with me and armour lock. If it pulls me in, I'll admit that I'm wrong about that. If it doesn't, well....yea. If you want me to believe it, show me some proof that it pulls you in.

I'm not completely in love with armour abilities. I just dislike when people come up with terrible reasons for why they're no good. How about you read my posts before you reply? If he dies because he tried splatter someone, it's his fault. He should use the guns on the vehicle for what they're there for. When you try to ram someone, you risk getting blown up. It's not armour locks fault that you made a poor decision, it's your own. Here's a tip. When you see someone armour lock...stay away from them. Oh, by the way. You will not be blown up from being "sucked into" armour lock. You will only be blown up if you decide to ram into someone at full speed. Again, it's your own fault if you die. Sure it may be more fun to ram someone, but you should know that you run the risk of dying (or missing them as they jump high into the air). Show me a video. Better yet, come into a custom game with me and armour lock. If it pulls me in, I'll admit that I'm wrong about that. If it doesn't, well....yea. If you want me to believe it, show me some proof that it pulls you in.

Well no duh im not going to ram into them if i see they have armor lock, if i knew they had it i wouldnt do it. It does suck you in add me and ill prove it

x IM ALEX x

Yeah she does seem like a know-it-all xD

Mystic I am really not attacking you, it just feels like you are always defending Reach or AA's in spite of how a member feels about them or tries to offer their reasons. Please forgive me if I come off a little gruff on the matter of Reach or AA's. I get the feeling that a lot of people will support the game or it's attributes thinking they are so how defending the franchise, when we are all here because we love the franchise.

Mystic I am really not attacking you, it just feels like you are always defending Reach or AA's in spite of how a member feels about them or tries to offer their reasons. Please forgive me if I come off a little gruff on the matter of Reach or AA's. I get the feeling that a lot of people will support the game or it's attributes thinking they are so how defending the franchise, when we are all here because we love the franchise.

I know, and I don't have a problem with someone disliking them or the game. I just would like for people to actually explain the reasoning behind their thoughts. Simply saying something sucks, is "gay", or not explaining how AAs might break maps or why the game is bad or "sucks" is not enough for me. I'd like to have some examples as to how they came up with their thoughts is all. If people can explain the reasoning behind their thoughts, and give decent reasons, that's perfectly fine.

Ditto, we EXPLAIN to her why we dislike something and she comes back with statements like " I would like for you to explain your reasoning behind these thoughts". Well wtf did I just post lol? I dont have anything against you either mystic but it seems like your closed minded to the subject of reach and AA's. I dont think anyone could change your views no matter how good the explanation. Your obviously biased in this matter so why even post on this thread? This is an AA complaint thread, not an AA praise and defend thread.

Ditto, we EXPLAIN to her why we dislike something and she comes back with statements like " I would like for you to explain your reasoning behind these thoughts". Well wtf did I just post lol? I dont have anything against you either mystic but it seems like your closed minded to the subject of reach and AA's. I dont think anyone could change your views no matter how good the explanation. Your obviously biased in this matter so why even post on this thread? This is an AA complaint thread, not an AA praise and defend thread.

I'm not close minded, I just don't take things like "it's gay" or "they suck" as valid points. I also wish for people to explain to me WHY they think what they do. You never told me how Reach was like COD, or how AAs were like perks. I asked you to explain how Reach is like COD (which it's not), and how AAs were like perks. I also asked you to explain how the jetpack or any of the other abilities break the maps. You never explained any of that to me. I have no problem with someone disliking armour abilties or Reach, but I do have a problem with people stating their opinions, then not explaining in detail why they think the way they do.

I'm not close minded, I just don't take things like "it's gay" or "they suck" as valid points. I also wish for people to explain to me WHY they think what they do. You never told me how Reach was like COD, or how AAs were like perks. I asked you to explain how Reach is like COD (which it's not), and how AAs were like perks. I also asked you to explain how the jetpack or any of the other abilities break the maps. You never explained any of that to me. I have no problem with someone disliking armour abilties or Reach, but I do have a problem with people stating their opinions, then not explaining in detail why they think the way they do.

Its self explanatory, AA's give you an extra ability at the start of the game just like perks do in cod. Do we agree on that? Ok, as for AA's breaking maps there are plenty of examples and I actually gave you one? I grew up playing halo and I'm guessing you didnt play competitively at all so you dont understand how map control works in halo. Reach doesn't appeal to competitive halo fans because its impossible to keep map control and play the game like we have learned to over the past ten years. You can't get in the flow of the game at all. Just when things start to feel like halo a jetpack or AL or camping camo guy show up out of nowhere and you have to start over again. I'm not saying I die by the guy every time but it does happen, its distracting from the map gameplay and its annoying. My problem is you plain and simply can't control a map anymore. There is a reason why mlg doesn't use any garbage AA's except sprint. Its boring to watch because its just chaos with AA's and no strategy. Im sure you will find an issue with my opinions but thats ok, I have officially "explained my thoughts".

Its self explanatory, AA's give you an extra ability at the start of the game just like perks do in cod. Do we agree on that? Ok, as for AA's breaking maps there are plenty of examples and I actually gave you one? I grew up playing halo and I'm guessing you didnt play competitively at all so you dont understand how map control works in halo. Reach doesn't appeal to competitive halo fans because its impossible to keep map control and play the game like we have learned to over the past ten years. You can't get in the flow of the game at all. Just when things start to feel like halo a jetpack or AL or camping camo guy show up out of nowhere and you have to start over again. I'm not saying I die by the guy every time but it does happen, its distracting from the map gameplay and its annoying. My problem is you plain and simply can't control a map anymore. There is a reason why mlg doesn't use any garbage AA's except sprint. Its boring to watch because its just chaos with AA's and no strategy. Im sure you will find an issue with my opinions but thats ok, I have officially "explained my thoughts".

If you die because of the jetpacker, it's your own fault. If you're a good enough player and use proper teamwork, you can keep map control just fine. How in the world could you lose your set up because of an armour locker or a lone active-camo user? If you can lose your setup because of just one person using those, then its not the fault of anyone or anything but your own. How? For not being a good enough player to counter them, that's how. You can control a map, you just need to use proper teamwork and skill to counter whatever abilities the opponents might be using. If they take over your position, its because they outplayed you. Deal with it. If you are a good enough player, you should be able to defend whatever area you are holding. I know, I've done so. What map? Reflection. My team continued to hold the top area just fine, even when one or two of us died. We were able to gain control, and hold it until the final kill was scored by our team.

I don't wish to argue about this any longer, so lets both agree to just end the argument here and now.

Jetpack should be removed from competitive play. Or just make it have about 1/4 the fuel...Halo Reach was catered to the noob. Oh and make MLG Ranked!

A lot of people feel the jet pack changed the dynamics of the maps. I rarely have used it myself, usually only on my first life if I get low spawn on reflection so I can get rockets and jet up for a couple quick kills. Tu' in the future may experiment with the jet pack, we will have to wait and see.

Yes I agree that MLG, of all games, should be ranked. They are typically our best and most competitive players and should have the "rank" to showcase their skill. Are you an avid MLG player and do you play in the Arena?

Halo Reach has become very laggy ever since 343 took over. There need to be more dedicated servers or else when new games come out Christmas time there will be no one playing Reach. Remove Armor lock, Invisibility out of every play list and have a way to search in your region of people, I'm so sick of matching up against Mexicans, french, italians and australians on their host. This game has dissapointed me so much.

Halo Reach has become very laggy ever since 343 took over. There need to be more dedicated servers or else when new games come out Christmas time there will be no one playing Reach. Remove Armor lock, Invisibility out of every play list and have a way to search in your region of people, I'm so sick of matching up against Mexicans, french, italians and australians on their host. This game has dissapointed me so much.

I have played enough to see no real change. There are times, just like there always were, that the game lags for periods. Trust me I know how annoying that can be. Having a spree on or player in the scope then.......yeah I feel your grief. It is not a constant though. Someone else will have to address the search parameters, not my area of knowledge. The dedicated server issue is getting a lot of play in the forums. I really can't see completely removing the two AA's, if you do you might as well get rid of them all. People have learned to play with them and depend on them in games. Reach is what it is, a good game that needs a little work, but the players who love it want it mostly left alone.