What do you want for Halo 4 Visual Aid! (aka the night vision)

Wes Stone501

8 members have voted

1. 1. What night vision do you want in Halo 4?

• Night Vision from Halo Reach
    • Halo 3: ODST's visor mode
    • Flash light
    • All three!
    • Something new
    • Nothing Halo 4 doesn't need one

What do you want in Halo 4 in terms of night vision? I personally think that the visor mode from ODST was the most useful but the Halo ce flash light added a sense of scariness to the game that is severely lacking in the future titles. I would like the option for both of them, I wouldn't care for Reach's night vision because it was basically useless and I would forget it was there half the time.

A flashlight would allow for the most interesting gameplay - a small light, as you pointed out, allows for much scarier scenarios.

That said, I'd like to see some sort of enhanced VISR system if the game is as open-worlded as has been suggested. Perhaps it could include a feature that measure an enemy's current Shield and Health strength, or allow object 'tagging' as with Gears of War 3 and Crysis 2.

The previous systems have always seemed way to weak and unsubstantial. Id prefer something which has big bright thermal contrasts, like in the original Ghost Recon. It'd be interesting to see a full nighttime multiplayer map, pitch black, and then big ass blooms from Plasma and other ordnance streaking through. Might be a big too BF/COD-ish for some though.