Halo 'Atlas' Good or Bad?

valyou3

Atlas Debate   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Atlas?

• Yes, I like Atlas
    • No, I don't like Atlas

slide_3.png

(click image above for detailed Information)

Halo Atlas Details

• Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games
  • Health pack locations
  • Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games
  • Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map
  • ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement
  • Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates

My Atlas Review

Pros

• Shows 'your' Location (Real Time)
  • Detailed Maps, great for strategies (satellite & illustrated views)
  • Item Locations, Weapons, Grenades, Vehicles, Health Pack
  • Custom Games, Real Time weapon spawns, location's of enemies
  • Shows Teammates Location, Death
  • ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement
  • Doesn't show enemies in Matchmaking (Balanced)
  • Doesn't show Real Time weapon spawns (Balanced)
  • Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates
  • Supports all maps (DLC)

Cons

• Depending on connection will have 2-3 second lag (Real Time)
  • Zooming in and out of map can cause lag (Zoom in map enough to your preferences)
  • Doesn't work well with Custom Created Maps

Above you can view the main detail such as pros and cons I couldn't exactly find much cons about it. I love it. I couldn't find much to complain about except mainly the custom maps. But its new technology that works very well! I prefer using the illustrated map view to view the map better for actually traveling. If you have $5 plus tax so just less than $6 to spend than I would suggest doing it. If you can tell me some of your own cons and pros it will be considered to add to the list. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

• Like 1

It is alright, however I tend to find that it lags a lot - which it will always do. Getting realtime stats on player location/weapons spawns will never be instant on another device.

I'll be using the Toshiba Thrive (Tablet) will that make a difference from other devices?

I'll be using the Toshiba Thrive (Tablet) will that make a difference from other devices?

I'm not sure it is a question of what device you are using - more just the general servers and speeds.

I don't regret buying it - it is a good purchase, but I think the only way to truly know is to try it yourself. It doesn't cost a huge amount of money.

Having said that, my experience may be different from other members, so I'd wait and see.

I like it, but I don't use it very often. For me it was hit or miss on lag, sometimes it would be very close to perfect and other times it was useless. I do like the detailed map information and if your very competitive it will help build strategies for maps. It does kinda stink that it doesn't give you detailed maps in forge world ex. Pinnacle, Uncaged, ect. I will also say that i didn't pay for mine as it is free for windows phone users.

I am going to move this to the GD for you. It will get more looks there and better feedback from the members.

I figured I post it on Halo Reach sense the app is for Halo Reach.

I'm not sure it is a question of what device you are using - more just the general servers and speeds.

I don't regret buying it - it is a good purchase, but I think the only way to truly know is to try it yourself. It doesn't cost a huge amount of money.

Having said that, my experience may be different from other members, so I'd wait and see.

Sounds good, looks like I will buy it either tonight or tomorrow and post a review on it. But at least I'm getting some feedback which is what I wanted.

I like it, but I don't use it very often. For me it was hit or miss on lag, sometimes it would be very close to perfect and other times it was useless. I do like the detailed map information and if your very competitive it will help build strategies for maps. It does kinda stink that it doesn't give you detailed maps in forge world ex. Pinnacle, Uncaged, ect. I will also say that i didn't pay for mine as it is free for windows phone users.

Thank you for the feedback! :) Very well appreciated.

Sounds good, looks like I will buy it either tonight or tomorrow and post a review on it. But at least I'm getting some feedback which is what I wanted.

Thank you for the feedback! :) Very well appreciated.

Nice to hear. I will look forward to reading your review!

Nice to hear. I will look forward to reading your review!

Hopefully I will be purchasing it tonight to mess around with it and figure it out and hopefully at night have perfect connection due to all the computers being off.