Having a feeling this game won't play good.

Outbalanced

After seeing the first look on Halo 4, I have to say it looks like it will play A LOT like Reach will. I saw sprinting, and personally I don't like the feature. Isn't this game based of the Reach engine, too? They should really make it of the Halo 3 engine. IMHO I don't think this game will be good. Halo 3 was awesome. If it aint' broken, why look to repair it?

Who am I to say anything, though. They could change anything at any time. We're still months away from release.

Sounds like you are stuck up in the past of Halo, and would rather stay with previous Halos. Just because it is based off the Reach engine or has sprint doesn't mean it will be bad. And what do you mean by Halo 3 wasn't broken so don't repair it?

You mean just put a graphical sheet over it and have a rehashed game?

• Like 2

So...sprinting means it's going to play a lot like Reach? That makes no sense. You saw, at most, two minutes of different clips of gameplay. That's hardly enough to base an opinion on. In your humble opinion this game won't be good? You've got nothing to base that opinion on but a few small clips of some unfinished gameplay and a few, simple, unexplained statements made by Frank and the team.(And maybe some made by the media, but I don't take what they say to heart all that much.) Do the smart thing, and wait until you play the game to judge it.

Edited by Ms. Mystic
  • Like 4

You need to have more faith with 343i with Halo 4, not say "Oh, well sprint is back, this game is going to suck now". There's nothing wrong with the Reach engine, it was a giant leep from Halo 3's graphics engine that's for sure.

Reach's engine was a big advancement for how many items could be buffered on screen at once and textures displayed, but they need to get rid of that god awful motion blur, and polish the game properly if they're going to use the reach engine

Reach's engine was a big advancement for how many items could be buffered on screen at once and textures displayed, but they need to get rid of that god awful motion blur, and polish the game properly if they're going to use the reach engine

That's fair enough, I guess.

I don't care if it playes like Reach... Its Halo 4. So by what I saw, it looked so awesomely cool

So you don't care about the quality of the gameplay at all? Okay, good to know. Guys guys, check this out, this guy will buy anything as long as 1 trailer looks decent and we call it something with halo in the name.

• Like 1

So you don't care about the quality of the gameplay at all? Okay, good to know. Guys guys, check this out, this guy will buy anything as long as 1 trailer looks decent and we call it something with halo in the name.

So they enjoyed Reach, that doesn't mean they don't care about the quality of the gameplay. Just because you disliked it doesn't mean that anyone who did doesn't know how to enjoy a game, doesn't care about the quality of the game, or anything else.

"Guys, Guys, check this out. This guy likes to imply that someone who enjoyed the gameplay of Reach doesn't care about the quality of a game's gameplay, simply because he doesn't enjoy Reach and think's it's trash." See how that goes? Don't insult someone just because they like something that you don't. That being said, I don't want Halo 4 to play like Reach. I love Reach, don't get me wrong, but I want Halo 4 to play differently. They said that Halo 4 will be fast paced (where as Reach was more slower paced than previous games), and from the gameplay clips that I've seen, it looks like it.

• Like 1

This isn't the finished game? And you need to get your head out of the butts of the previous Halos. Like I will keep saying, Reach was not a bad game. The only reason haters hated is because it was different, and change is often good. I love playing reach. Does that mean I am an idiot. Sprinting is good. It leads to faster more exciting gameplay. You really need to come back to the present.

This isn't the finished game? And you need to get your head out of the butts of the previous Halos. Like I will keep saying, Reach was not a bad game. The only reason haters hated is because it was different, and change is often good. I love playing reach. Does that mean I am an idiot. Sprinting is good. It leads to faster more exciting gameplay. You really need to come back to the present.

The majority disagree. Which is why Reach couldn't hope to sustain the population Halo 3 could, for the length of time that it did.

• Like 1

After seeing the first look on Halo 4, I have to say it looks like it will play A LOT like Reach will. I saw sprinting, and personally I don't like the feature. Isn't this game based of the Reach engine, too? They should really make it of the Halo 3 engine. IMHO I don't think this game will be good. Halo 3 was awesome. If it aint' broken, why look to repair it?

Who am I to say anything, though. They could change anything at any time. We're still months away from release.

I am partially with you I'm tired of halo reach gameplay and assassinations and armor abilities and I want it more on the halo 3 platform then it would be cool but I think it will still be fun.

To an.extent everything they state is already concrete. The engine is finalized as well.as the physics, collision and tag handling. As far as polish...the only thing they can tweak is individual tags...which wont help mich seeing as they are tied to engine constraints at this point. Anything showed off physics or graphics or even handling wise in the reveal is solidified content....hence why they showed it.

Much like any unreleased game, such broad opinions barely hold worth.

Also, unfinished, where's your head at OP?

If you read my last sentence, I said that who am I to say anything? They could change the game at anytime, and I respect that. All I'm giving is first impressions.

The majority disagree. Which is why Reach couldn't hope to sustain the population Halo 3 could, for the length of time that it did.

I agree. Halo 3 is still fun because it's simple; Bungie tried too much with Reach. Sure, don't leave a Halo 3 game and put a skin on it, but put in simple features that make the game more exciting. Assassinations were sort of over the top IMO, armor abilities I despise, etc...

I agree about the reach engine. In my opinion it was a total disaster. It didn't feel anything like a halo game. In fact if you just changed the visuals (make the weapons look different, make spartans look like normal troop soldiers, etc) I bet you wouldn't even know it was halo.

Even the jumping height was completely different, it felt more like CoD.

I agree about the reach engine. In my opinion it was a total disaster. It didn't feel anything like a halo game. In fact if you just changed the visuals (make the weapons look different, make spartans look like normal troop soldiers, etc) I bet you wouldn't even know it was halo.

Even the jumping height was completely different, it felt more like CoD.

Correct. I don't want Sprint. I don't want Armor Abilities. I don't want Assassinations. I was simple fast gameplay, and Halo 2 and Halo 3 were that. Reach is a total mess, and the armor is too. I loved Halo 3's armor also, the elusive Recon armor, (which still looks awesome IMO) everyone trying to get it, Hayabusa looks badass, 4 shotting... They need to bring all that back - and by the look of the spartan it doesn't look like the armor they're putting in will be any good.

ok wait a second the engine has nothing to do gameplay an engine is only something you build on. All an better engine does is allow you to go further in development with the video game. But yes i agree that sprinting is a bad sight that depressed me as well.