Official : Halo 4 First Look

if spartans are fighting spartans wouldnt this probably be due to a war? idk i just thought that maybe there might be two human forces fighting for control of the new forrunner world and this could be how they explain red vs blue spartans

• Like 1

i just can not come to agree with the armor i hate master chiefs armor everything else looks great but the armor i know its not a big deal but the mk 6 look amazing and i dont think it should change i thinks it puts a new look on MC and takes away his self individuated iconic feel and i hate it soooo much

So.

Br back :D

New, competitive MP maps :D

Sprint =(

Loadouts =(

NO BLOOM :D :D :D

MM universal tie-in :D

New armor :D

Spartan IVs confirmed :D

New MC armor :D

DMR back :D

No beta >=(

Sprint isn't really a bad thing. It allows for people to get across maps quicker and allows them to get closer to their allies to assist them faster than without. Before you say "People can use it to run away!", let me say this. Would you not do all that you could to avoid death if put in that kind of situation? Also, you've got sprint as well. Use that to sprint after them, instead of hanging back or deciding that you don't want to chase after them. You can actually do something about it.

We don't know how the loadouts will be designed, so don't jump to conclusions and write them off just yet.

There may not be a blooming reticule, but that doesn't mean that your shots won't be affected by a version of bloom. It may or may not be similar to the versions used it previous games, we don't know. We don't know for certain if there will or will not be anything like that in the game.

We also don't know if the DMR is actually returning. It was never confirmed if it was or not. It was stated that there would be some single shot weapons, but as to which ones (besides the pistol), we don't know.

Sprint isn't really a bad thing. It allows for people to get across maps quicker and allows them to get closer to their allies to assist them faster than without. Before you say "People can use it to run away!", let me say this. Would you not do all that you could to avoid death if put in that kind of situation? Also, you've got sprint as well. Use that to sprint after them, instead of hanging back or deciding that you don't want to chase after them. You can actually do something about it.

We don't know how the loadouts will be designed, so don't jump to conclusions and write them off just yet.

There may not be a blooming reticule, but that doesn't mean that your shots won't be affected by a version of bloom. It may or may not be similar to the versions used it previous games, we don't know. We don't know for certain if there will or will not be anything like that in the game.

We also don't know of the DMR is actually returning. It was never confirmed if it was or not. It was stated that there would be some single shot weapons, but as to which ones (besides the pistol), we don't know.

The DMR was confirmed in Oconner's interview.

I dont like sprint for several reasons. It makes running away easier, it generally eliminates 1v1 situations, it breaks a team's map control by sprinting out of bad spawns, and you cannot shoot therefore its a defensive ability. Id rather just have the halo3 movement speed OR be able to shoot during the sprint with decreased accuracy.

There could be the "limiter" bloom still in effect, but it definitely will not be like Reach. Which makes me all happy inside.

I play halo to have an even competitive ground. I play CoD and BF3 to choose the weapons and engagements I want. Giving loadouts to people in really any form changes the game from controlling weapon spawns and power positions to finding engagements for the weapons you spawn with. Also, I dont want Halo to become a game where someone can spawn with a shotty and rush me when I finally picked up a sniper. Thats just not fair IMO and shouldnt be in a Halo game.

The DMR was confirmed on Oconner's interview.

I dont like sprint for several reasons. It makes running away easier, it generally eliminates 1v1 situations, it breaks a team's map control by sprinting out of bad spawns, and you cannot shoot therefore its a defensive ability. Id rather just have the halo3 movement speed OR be able to shoot during the sprint with decreased accuracy.

There could be the "limiter" bloom still in effect, but it definitely will not be like Reach. Which makes me all happy inside.

I play halo to have a even competitive ground. I play CoD and BF3 to choose the weapons and engagements I want. Giving loadouts to people in really any form changes the game from controlling weapon spawns and power positions to finding engagements for the weapons you spawn with. Also, I dont want Halo to become a game where someone can spawn with a shotty and rush me when I finally picked up a sniper. Thats just not fair IMO and shouldnt be in a Halo game.

Would you care to link me to said interview, and perhaps quote where he said that the DMR was confirmed? I've seen one interview, and all he said was that there would be multiple single shot weapons. That doesn't mean that the DMR is returning. I heard his quote, and he could have simply meant that the DMR wasn't being shown, but the BR was. Which may or may not mean that it is returning.

It makes running away easier...well how about running after your opponent like I said? You're not helpless in that situation. How is sprinting out bad spawns a bad thing? I don't see how it really affects map control. Someone sprinting towards you or the area you're holding means that they're unable to shoot and leaving themselves open to being shot as well. While they're sprinting they cannot quickly change directions, cannot fire, and cannot really do much to protect themselves. They're almost a sitting duck. Adding in a sprint feature means that it's not as easy to predict enemy movement. Now you're not simply shooting at anything that moves, but you have to account for how your opponent might react. Will they sprint away? Will they sprint towards you? Will they stand and fight, then sprint towards you to finish you off? Etc. It adds a little bit of depth to the ecounters (notice I said little), and keeps it from simply being walk towards someone and start having a battle. Now you've got something to factor into each battle that you didn't have before.

They haven't discussed just how loadouts will function, so please don't go jumping to conclusions and fearing that they'll allow us to pick power weapons from spawn.

Would you care to link me to said interview, and perhaps quote where he said that the DMR was confirmed? I've seen one interview, and all he said was that there would be multiple single shot weapons. That doesn't mean that the DMR is returning.

http://www.oxmonline...s-frank-oconnor

Thats the interview I watched. Not sure when, but when hes asked about the BR returning he also says the DMR and other one shot weapons are returning.

Actually its not in the interview, give me a second to figure out were I got that from.....

Edited by SixWaysToSunday

http://www.oxmonline...s-frank-oconnor

Thats the interview I watched. Not sure when, but when hes asked about the BR returning he also says the DMR and other one shot weapons are returning.

Actually its not in the interview, give me a second to figure out were I got that from.....

I have edited my post. Please read over it a second time if you wish.

Edited by Ms. Mystic

I can't wait for halo 4 as much as the next guy but I really didn't like seeing the armor ability in the halo 4 video. Everything else looks so impressive and well detailed by far 343 has brought halo out of the shadows and into the light once more!