The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I would like faster CTF gameplay to come back to the halo franchise, DONT MAKE THE FLAG SLOW US DOWN, nothing more fun then those intense/ competitive 4v4 CTF blood gultch matches from the original combat evolved since then the CTF gametype has kind of gone down the drain

I would like faster CTF gameplay to come back to the halo franchise, DONT MAKE THE FLAG SLOW US DOWN, nothing more fun then those intense/ competitive 4v4 CTF blood gultch matches from the original combat evolved since then the CTF gametype has kind of gone down the drain

This might be a little farfetched but I would love for you guys to add some BOTS to the offline multiplayer (like in unreal championships) only because I didn't always live where there was internet access so I know what its like to not be able to play any custom games online. It'd be awesome to be able to set the CPU to whatever difficulty I want and play a 4v4 or more game offline by myself or with a couple of friends.. It wouldn't hurt the game because it'd just be an added feature never seen in the halo franchise

I actually defended this game but now that I know that you can buy armor abilities and all these other perks with "Spartan Points", it has completely ruined my expectations for this game. The stupidest thing about C.O.D is that people who have played the game longer actually have combat advantages and such. Why bring this into Halo. Everyone should be able to have the ability to start out with anything. I thought this game was supposed to be "Balanced"? You call people who have played longer/higher rank with more Spartan points having an advantage "balanced"? The only thing the points should be used for is Aesthetic things like Armor Permutations and the Spartan Missions. Why are they doing this, this is exactly what I was worried about. Everyone should have Everything combat related unlocked right off the bat so nobody has an advantage. Joining Sessions in games? NO, please NO! I want a Ranked match to BE a RANKED match. Start out with a group of fresh people in a fresh match with nobody leaving or joining in the middle. If anything do it like Gears of War 3 and have 2 different types of matchmaking, Quick Match (Joinable during session, usually has computer players, matches continue without returning to lobby), Ranked Match (Like the regular Halo Matchmaking, Nobody joins in progress, you get to vote on maps, real more competitive matchmaking.) Usually one would select quick match when playing alone and not really wanted to play serious, and people would choose Ranked when they have a party of others ready to play some serious matches. I was actually very excited for this game untill I heard about the Purchasing of combat advantages and Joining session in Ranked matches. Please remove this from the game and stop turning it into COD. Of course everyone reading this is going to try to defend it but the truth of it is... people having advantages over others is NOT HALO. I guess if they don't change it I'm just going to keep playing Gears 3 and Gears Judgment (If they don't screw it up by doing above mentioned things).

Of course everyone reading this is going to try to defend it but the truth of it is... people having advantages over others is NOT HALO.

You're right. This isn't Halo. It's also not Halo 2, 3, ODST, or Reach. It's Halo 4 for crying out loud. They can change whatever they want. If you don't like it, then that's too bad. So far, all I hear is complaints about how badly people want Halo 4 to be the same thing as Halo, Halo 2 or even 3. But, the truth is, making it in such a way does not make Halo 4. It just makes Halo 1 or 2. You want something new, you have to be willing to conform to something different. Otherwise, you're going to be left behind. No one else gives a crap as we're going to be enjoying it.

You're right. This isn't Halo. It's also not Halo 2, 3, ODST, or Reach. It's Halo 4 for crying out loud. They can change whatever they want. If you don't like it, then that's too bad. So far, all I hear is complaints about how badly people want Halo 4 to be the same thing as Halo, Halo 2 or even 3. But, the truth is, making it in such a way does not make Halo 4. It just makes Halo 1 or 2. You want something new, you have to be willing to conform to something different. Otherwise, you're going to be left behind. No one else gives a crap as we're going to be enjoying it.

You still are not comprehending anything. The things I mentioned ruining the game for me are not just "change". I am perfectly fine with perks and powers or whatever, but the fact that people have to buy them with points earned by playing... That is NOT ballanced gameplay. You are giving people with seniority advantages over others just for playing more. I seriously don't understand how you can be a Halo fan, but support unbalanced features like this. You are obviously a blind follower. And joining session? That is not change in gameplay either, its a feature that completely ruins the whole competetive factor of the game ( just like buying advantages )

You still are not comprehending anything. The things I mentioned ruining the game for me are not just "change". I am perfectly fine with perks and powers or whatever, but the fact that people have to buy them with points earned by playing... That is NOT ballanced gameplay. You are giving people with seniority advantages over others just for playing more.

So what? Does this really matter? No. It's just a game. Come on! It's not a life style. Just get the darned thing and enjoy it for what it is. Be thankful that we are at least getting Halo 4.

I seriously don't understand how you can be a Halo fan, but support unbalanced features like this. You are obviously a blind follower.

Excuse me? Before you try to insult somebody, think about it first. Right now, you just sound like somebody with a superiority complex.

So what? Does this really matter? No. It's just a game. Come on! It's not a life style. Just get the darned thing and enjoy it for what it is. Be thankful that we are at least getting Halo 4.

Excuse me? Before you try to insult somebody, think about it first. Right now, you just sound like somebody with a superiority complex.

I'm sick of this "Let them do whatever they want" attitude and "Just enjoy it". As of now the game is obviously NOT RELEASED. And it is clear they want the input of their fans before it is. "Doesn't really matter " "It's just a game". Doesn't make any sense, you could easily just play some other game and not be a Halo fan if your saying stupid stuff like this because you obviously don't care any of the contents in the game. And YES, it DOES matter. Halo has always been one of the competetive games that took SKILL, people having advantages over others (Combat-wise) just because they earned more Spartan Points is not SKILL. MLG has also always been a big fan of Halo but that could change. Things like this are easily changeable with their fans input. BTW you further revealed how much of a blind follower you are in that post "Just enjoy it for what it is". It's not released, therefore we can help change "what it is" that we don't like about it.

What i really want is what none of all halo's have made......... The ability to play as the main enemy. Yeah halo two let you play as the arbiter but that wasn't really what i had in mind. What i really want is the ability to play as brutes grunts jackals and maybe hunters. Also drones. I would also like there two be two separate campaigns. One from UNSC POV and one from the other guys POV. It may not happen but it would be really nice to have more diversity. But i also like the idea for the more in-depth customization and male/ female figures. It would make gaming fun and the fact you could make multiple armor sets would be amazing.

I would like for the armour customisation to be even better than Halo: Reach's. It was pretty darn good in Reach, and I hope they'll expand on it. Also, they'd better have separate models for male and female spartans. >.> I loved how Reach did this. I also want the story to be more mature, more personal than previous entries. I want to see the MC taken down at one point or another and have to rebuild himself both mentally and physically. Not really sure how to explain what I mean by that. I guess I just want to see him shown to still be human underneath all that armour and silence.

All of this. Especially the male/female models.

Please get rid of the thermal view unless it was only for the scenematic. Thermal view defeats the purpose of having poor visibilty. Even with scenematic its not realistic to see it and not use it. Could have more noise or leaves falling. Also I saw the multiplayer vid, its good work but I would make the covenant auto rifles spiral bolt on the left move or rotate or something. Please add anti air for spartan ops and get rid of thermals except for snipes, its still not hectic enough unless that vid was during a few non anti air support seconds.

Well, i could care less about features for matchmaking and campaign, but i would like more things to do in forge.

For example, make the forge system a complete sandbox. (Not literally)

I would like to be able to make forge items a lot more complex, such as the block system. Instead of having a specific block, i would prefer to have a system where you can choose what block you'd like. Such as 1x1, 1x5,6x3, etc. Also, i wish you can change colour and design of chosen items. It's such a pain to match a wall when the wall looks very bleak and uncolourful.

If there is a new map that will replace Forge World, I think the vital items and budget should be unlimited. Forgers these days need the ability of freedom, instead of making a fun, balanced map while having to maintain their pieces and budget.

These things really shape the new maps that are created. Also, you should be able to have the feature of having full control of what the map will look like in completion. Like, having environmental options such as weather, time of day, or even season (Snow, Desert, Jungle, Grasslands).

And PLEASE, GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SWIM.

-Thanks, I'd really appreciate if 343 would put my ideas in Halo 4.

Being a halo fan for its balance, I would really like the grenades not to be super ridiculous, and it would be if sniping was a little more difficult like Halo 3 instead of Reach. One more thing I don't understand about reach is how the ammo icon depletes vertically? In Halo 3 the clip would go from left to right and it would be easier to see the amount of ammo. I know it's so small, but I can't be the only one to be puzzled by this.

I'm sick of this "Let them do whatever they want" attitude and "Just enjoy it". As of now the game is obviously NOT RELEASED. And it is clear they want the input of their fans before it is. "Doesn't really matter " "It's just a game". Doesn't make any sense, you could easily just play some other game and not be a Halo fan if your saying stupid stuff like this because you obviously don't care any of the contents in the game. And YES, it DOES matter. Halo has always been one of the competetive games that took SKILL, people having advantages over others (Combat-wise) just because they earned more Spartan Points is not SKILL. MLG has also always been a big fan of Halo but that could change. Things like this are easily changeable with their fans input. BTW you further revealed how much of a blind follower you are in that post "Just enjoy it for what it is". It's not released, therefore we can help change "what it is" that we don't like about it.

You'd be better off emailing or writing a letter to 343 instead of complaining to the rest of us. However, at this stage, things are not going to change. So just can it, would ya? You're getting kind of annoying. If you don't like what Halo 4 will have to offer, then go do something else. If anything else, you're the blind follower if you're letting something as simple as a video game get you all butt hurt just because the developers don't want to make the game the way you want it.

The rest of us don't give a rip if you like Halo 4 or not.

I'm sick of trying to drill this into the heads of you fourteen year old children.

I have been playing halo since Halo 2. I want Halo 3's ranking system back! Reach's ranking system didn't feel like i was achieving anything every time i won. It seems all i got was experience points. It wasn't really rewarding. going up a level and seeing ones progress is awesome. it also really allows one to compare skill levels with others! Bring back H3's ranking system!

Definitely gonna have to go with a clan function like on Halo 2 would be nice.. but will work out fine with or without. Having a seperate list to invite people from to get in a game is just a handy tool when you arent the type of gamer that just has your clan members as your only friends....