A New Breed of Map: Heavylands

firedune22

Welcome to the Heavylands post. You must have ventured here to see something amazing. Well, i'll admit it's not anything you haven't experienced before as far as actual maps go (because it's based on the Highlands canvas, not much you can do with it), but it involves several things never tried in a map before.

I've worked not on forging a new playspace, but on crafting a new gameplay experience, particularly on the underwhelming Matchmaking Highlands variant. The map is an entry in a very important compitition, one which you might see the fruits of in the upcoming future.

Heavylands is considered to be a "heavy" map by the Halo community, and if you ever played Halo 3 BTB, you might know what i'm talking about. For all those who have never played on a Heavy variant, it can be summed up in the quote "everything that flys, drives, shoots, and goes boom can be found in bountiful numbers and rather often" .

Either that or my personal favorite "Feel like a god every 20 seconds"`

Anyway for your convinance, i've compiled all the basic information into a short, helpful list of everything you need to get a game on it.

Map Name: Heavylands (v1.9)

Canvas Map: Highlands

Min/Max Player count:[/b} 10/16

Ideal Player count: 16

Gametypes supported: All Default Highlands gametypes

Best Gametypes: Slayer, 2-Flag/Bomb, Neutral Bomb, Stockpile, Territories

Map Category: Heavy Variant

Breif Description: The map has been crafted with loving care, innovative techniques, and improved numerous times with feedback from experienced and talented forgers. Heavylands sports a much more powerful weapon and vehicle set than it's underwhelming brethren, and uses controlled spawning of ordiance on both sides to craft as an ever-changing arsenal at playes disposal to meet new challenges that appear on the battlefeild.

Download Link: Heavylands v1.9

Now for pictues, and then a personal request. (but mostly pictures)

Blue teleporter (reciever)

Red teleporter (reciever)

Red "neutral" Falcon

Blue "Neutral" Falcon

Red sniper rifle

Neutral Splaser structure

Neutral Grenade Luncher, Plasma Grenades, and Health Pack

Total Vehicle selection(available at bases) NOTE: all vehicles shown in the picture are NOT available simultaneously. The Gauss hog spawns once, and once only. Use it wisely.

ACTION SHOTS

Air Assault

Revving it up

Rocketman

I would like to let everyone know that the map itself is only now being introduced into the public Beta phase, and may still have bugs, glitches, and un-perfected gameplay elements. You can help in the development of Heavylands by downloading the map, getting some crazy DLC-only fun on, and posting any bugs, you find or any dislikes you have about the map Anything you don't like or wish to be changes is extremly important to the development of the map. Please post anything as soon as possible, you'll only be helping yourselves

The link if you missed it: Heavylands 1.9