343's input on reach

McBurgieKing

When 343 took over halo they said they wouldn't mess with the bungie playlists, so i was expecting a seperate playlist for the beta which happened at first and now half the bungie playlist have been destroyed by tu slayer etc... It's not hard to have a playlist with the original gametypes and rules and have a seperate with the new rules, but you can play either with/without extra maps (puts you into game with other people with same map packs). I enjoy the anniversary maps but i'm fed up of being in gametypes where the pistol is superpowered, I hope 343 read this and use this idea cus it would make it alot better for everyone.

• Like 1

I can't recall them saying they wouldn't mess with the playlists. Destroyed? Do you not enjoy the title update? If they had playlists with the TU and without, like creating a separate set of matchmaking playlists, that would only do a good job of splitting the player base even further than it already might be. The pistol is only "superpowered" in the Ann. Classic gametypes, which are in the Anniversary Classic playlist. If you don't want to play with the three shot pistol, simply don't play in that playlist/choose that gametype. I do however think they offer the Ann. Classic gametype in the other Anniversary playlists though, which makes absolutely no sense. It's really something they should remove.

343i has not put the update into all of the playlists, and probably don't even plan on doing so. These playlists are TU free: Team Slayer, Team SWAT, Team Snipers, Multi-Team, MLG, Invasion, and Griffball. All playlists have gone down to 85% bloom already (except SWAT q.q), but you probably didn't even notice that because they did it a while ago. The only playlists you could possibly be complaining about is Squad Slayer, BTB, and Infection. Squad Slayer and BTB are just for fun, if you don't like them go to Team Slayer, where everyone else is. If you are complaining about Infection, tough luck. You should have taken advantage of camping while you could. If you want to play DLC maps, then find people who have DLC and befriend them, and then play with them instead of being a random. The maps will show up once everyone in the lobby has a certain DLC.

Honestly, I couldn't be bothered to read your entire topic because I've read about 600 of the same ones in the waypoint and bnet forums, and this response is sort of a conglomeration of previous responses to similar topics.

The God pistol is only in anniversary playlists. Most people actually want the updates from the Beta, notice how Reach's population is GROWING after a year? Even though games like Gears3, Mw3, BF3, Skyward Sword, and Skyrim are still fairly new people are coming back to play. That says alot about 343i.

• Like 2

Nope, it's just TU gametypes rather than Anniversary, the latter of which is where the God Pistol lives.

If you want to play the Anniversary maps with regular TU setting you can also go to the Anniversary Squad playlist, which allows players a choice between TU and Anniversary settings in the pre-match lobby.