The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

Im not saying this is a good thing but reach is pretty original, its pace is slower than halo 1,2 and 3 but the pace is speed up from time to time. This is caused by the armor abilities and bloom, this odd change of pace from time to time causes confusion and confusion causes bad unsatisfying gameplay. All of the armor abilities cause the pace of the game to slow down, but AA's such as sprint, evade and jet pack can be used to speed it up at random times making the match unpredictable. Unpredictable matches take the point out of detailed strategy, so therefor matches can only get so good at determining the better team. I dont not agree that CoD is played at a slower pace than halo 3, yes i think CoD is a disgrace to gaming but it is pretty fast paced with the sprinting, small maps and the low health. Fast paced gameplay does not always make the game better for even the competitive gamer, if the gameplay gets fast enough it can punch out teamwork and strategy making the game less interesting. But we are getting a little off topic here with this subject, if you would like to discuss further (more than 1 reply) i suggest starting a new op.

Im not saying this is a good thing but reach is pretty original, its pace is slower than halo 1,2 and 3 but the pace is speed up from time to time. This is caused by the armor abilities and bloom, this odd change of pace from time to time causes confusion and confusion causes bad unsatisfying gameplay. All of the armor abilities cause the pace of the game to slow down, but AA's such as sprint, evade and jet pack can be used to speed it up at random times making the match unpredictable. Unpredictable matches take the point out of detailed strategy, so therefor matches can only get so good at determining the better team. I dont not agree that CoD is played at a slower pace than halo 3, yes i think CoD is a disgrace to gaming but it is pretty fast paced with the sprinting, small maps and the low health. Fast paced gameplay does not always make the game better for even the competitive gamer, if the gameplay gets fast enough it can punch out teamwork and strategy making the game less interesting. But we are getting a little off topic here with this subject, if you would like to discuss further (more than 1 reply) i suggest starting a new op.

I understand what you are saying and can agree to an extent. However, this is a thread about ranking system. Sorry.

ya i know thats why i said for people to take it somewhere else, if you didnt notice there was a big discussion on page 10 about this stuff.

Yeah, This game has some much controversy because we all want the best out of halo 4. So it often concerns us and thus makes us feel the need to go off on tangents about other major issues concerning the well being of halo 4. ahhh, community...

I would like the halo 3 ranking system, but with two ranks, one that judges skill, by using the games you win and lose, and one you rank up for getting exp for playing. As for armour, it should be like the halo 3 armour system. halo reach's was kind of pointless, because anyone could have any armour, You should have to work to get armour. I would like it if you could only have certain armour if you had gotten in the top (insert number here) higest skill.

ranking up is fun

halo 3 had ranked and social so how did they abondon the fun side isnt that what action sack and double exp were for

besides the custom games are the most fun and uncompetetive so many people would rather have played those anyways

**** you for saying there shouldnt be ranked

Ranking is for the competitive gamer not the casual social gamer. Fun is seen in different ways, competition is my main way of having fun and competition never gets boring so long as you have something to work for. The ranking system is what drives competition and skillful balanced gameplay allows it to happen. Without competition the replay value of halo is cut in half for a gamer like me. Take reach for example, does anyone care about winning in reach? no they don't because nothing drives them to win which is exactly why i have silver membership right now. If i buy another card its because halo 4 will prove itself to have a ranking system as challenging as halo 3. Winning is i believe the most important thing in competition therefor winning should always level you. K/D should not just be shown on score at the end of every match but it should have a good effect on losing, if you lose with a positive K/D you should not go down a level because it was your teams fault of the loss not yours. Ive mentioned this before but it wasn't as clear. But anything different from the level system used in halo 3 and 2 i think would have a small chance of pleasing competitive gamers like myself, i think this system only needs to be tweaked a little not completely changed. O ya and in Cod everyone who calls themselves pro are fakes, they are not competitive gamers at all because CoD is easy and has no skill or competition. Cod is for casual gamers like yourself, i honestly see nothing other than casual play in CoD. This op by the way is not the topic for you since you have no interest in competition. The social area was never abandoned in halo 3 either, thats just the way things are now on console, no one talks and the people who do are not very friendly or smart, this is due to making games easier to play(CoD).

I stopped reading when you said CoD is for people like me. I liked the ranking system in Halo Reach because it made more people care about it. Winning is not everything. If you think that winning is your only way to have fun, thats your buisness. Im just saying the Halo Reach ranking system was far more accessible that dont get their kicks by having a 60K/D ratio.

Everyone else pretty much said it all for me but seriously you are such a hypocrite. Crying that i want it to be only competitive gamers left even though i specifically pointed out that i wanted there to be a set of social playlists for just casual players, yet you want no ranking system so us competitive gamers are left out. What you are really angry about is the fact that we are trying to get a skilled ranking system back into play and you will no longer be given ranks for free. You want a high rank without actually having to earn it. Your whole thing about social being abandoned is just you trying to pull something out of your ass. I played more halo 3 than you ever will and it was not "abandoned". Also CoD isnt competitive at all. CoD is Reach

Wow. Stop getting so pissed off. When was I angry that a skilled ranking system is coming back? I said Halo Reachs ranking system was better. What started this was when I said I thought deranking was silly. Then you go randomly pissed. I dont give a flying **** about how long you have played Halo 3. Thank you for telling me how pro you are. I never said I dont want a Skilled Ranking System, your just putting words in my mouth. So for now, If you would please, Shut the hell up.

Wow. Stop getting so pissed off. When was I angry that a skilled ranking system is coming back? I said Halo Reachs ranking system was better. What started this was when I said I thought deranking was silly. Then you go randomly pissed. I dont give a flying **** about how long you have played Halo 3. Thank you for telling me how pro you are. I never said I dont want a Skilled Ranking System, your just putting words in my mouth. So for now, If you would please, Shut the hell up.

Wow please don't start flaming and watch your tone it does nothing if you get so upset all your swearing does is discredit you

How is ranking down silly? If you are in a competitive playlist and your getting beat eveygame then isn't it a good idea to move down and play with people of your own skill level? Without being able to rank down all your rank does is show how long you've played for so why not just have a ranking system that shows total hours played? Becaus this isnt going to separate good and bad players. If all you want to do is have fun then that's what social and custom games are for. But in a competitive playlist people want teammates of equal skill and if the ranking system isnt going to show how high your skill is then it isn't going to match up fair teams. It surprises me that people feel that a number ranking system is bad. Why is it bad? As long as social and casual gamers have a place to play for fun then why should they hate on a competitive ranking system for competitive players? Can somebody please tell me a reason for this!

I would also lime to see an arena rank on top of a 1-50 just so that every game you could go back and look at how you did individually and then be able to go online and see you average for the past 25 games or so and then once you get to level 50 you can be put in tier of how good you are compared to the other 50s like top 1%= onyx top 10%= gold top 25%= silver and top 50%= bronze

Idk just my idea of what could be a cool feature to add

It looks like you are backed into a corner haha Im not sure where in my post that i was "so pissed off". The only pissed off person i see is you. Your arguments are so weak and you make yourself look like a fool consistently. You are immature and are the exact type of person that is killing this community. If you want to dispute something i say then actually make sense and bring up reasonable points. As it is you havent made any effort towards swaying anyone, just been making false claims. Did you ever think that there is a reason why so many people disagree with you and you are always in some sort of fight? It isnt just coincidence. If you are a troll then good job but if not then you might want to reevaluate your "persuasion techniques". Also please point out where i claimed i was pro lol?

It looks like you are backed into a corner haha Im not sure where in my post that i was "so pissed off". The only pissed off person i see is you. Your arguments are so weak and you make yourself look like a fool consistently. You are immature and are the exact type of person that is killing this community. If you want to dispute something i say then actually make sense and bring up reasonable points. As it is you havent made any effort towards swaying anyone, just been making false claims. Did you ever think that there is a reason why so many people disagree with you and you are always in some sort of fight? It isnt just coincidence. If you are a troll then good job but if not then you might want to reevaluate your "persuasion techniques". Also please point out where i claimed i was pro lol?

Im not even going to bother with you anymore. Your just being stupid. Shut the hell up, and go back to where this started. You will realise I did not attack your precious way of life.

Forget you people. It seems your all bent on "COMPETETIVE GAMEPLAY"

Wow please don't start flaming and watch your tone it does nothing if you get so upset all your swearing does is discredit you

How is ranking down silly? If you are in a competitive playlist and your getting beat eveygame then isn't it a good idea to move down and play with people of your own skill level? Without being able to rank down all your rank does is show how long you've played for so why not just have a ranking system that shows total hours played? Becaus this isnt going to separate good and bad players. If all you want to do is have fun then that's what social and custom games are for. But in a competitive playlist people want teammates of equal skill and if the ranking system isnt going to show how high your skill is then it isn't going to match up fair teams. It surprises me that people feel that a number ranking system is bad. Why is it bad? As long as social and casual gamers have a place to play for fun then why should they hate on a competitive ranking system for competitive players? Can somebody please tell me a reason for this!

I would also lime to see an arena rank on top of a 1-50 just so that every game you could go back and look at how you did individually and then be able to go online and see you average for the past 25 games or so and then once you get to level 50 you can be put in tier of how good you are compared to the other 50s like top 1%= onyx top 10%= gold top 25%= silver and top 50%= bronze

Idk just my idea of what could be a cool feature to add

9/10 times in Halo 3, I was matched with someone much better than me. Forgive me for dislikeing ranking down. What is all of your problems? Are you all THAT pissed someone doesnt like your precious game?

I think Halo: Reach was a step in the right direction all round because it meant that people with less skill could rank up although you would rank up faster if you were better at the game. then they added divisions for the hard core players so that the better you were at the game, the better division you would be put in

9/10 times in Halo 3, I was matched with someone much better than me. Forgive me for dislikeing ranking down. What is all of your problems? Are you all THAT pissed someone doesnt like your precious game?

Then you probably just sucked. If you play Halo 3 now then yes the majority of the people online still are good and there is no room for noobs. but that is only because the people on halo 3 now are the dedicated fans who didnt like how reach changed the system.

Then you probably just sucked. If you play Halo 3 now then yes the majority of the people online still are good and there is no room for noobs. but that is only because the people on halo 3 now are the dedicated fans who didnt like how reach changed the system.

Im refering to when I first played Halo 3. I was quite late to the party.

THE CREDITS WERE NOT A RANKING SYSTEM! IN HALO REACH IT WAS THE ARENA THAT WAS THE RANKING SYSTEM!!!

bungie failed with the idea of an arena ranking system so very few might play arena but it was the arena that was supposed to be the ranking system. in reach bungie never intended for credits to be the ranking system.

God foribid I play a game not to get better but to have fun. I dont want to improve my skills. I want to have fun in a game. The social area of Halo 3 was abandoned. Simple put. Im not trying to ruin anything for anyone. If anything, you would have it that only you "competitive" people remained. Halo Reach remembered that the point of games is fun. All of its game types where made for fun. If you hate fun and go unto Halo everyday just to prove your the better player, go to CoD. All those guys scream about how "pro" they are. You would fit right in.

Okay, getting better is "fun". And just because YOU 1 person out of every 300 people want to play no ranks whats so ever, then fine, but you are clearly the minority.

Ranking system matters for a LOT of people and the halo 3 social list is not "dead" as you claimed. I played halo 3 social slayer literally 45 minutes ago and I had no problems finding a match.

I discredit your argument completely.

When you say drastically different, I tend to disagree with you. At least from a competitive standpoint. I don't know how much you played halo 2, but if you played that game, you would find that there isn't a single element that could relate that game to CoD, other than the fact that they were both first person shooters. Now, look at reach and CoD. Going to the competitive standpoint again, so you don't have armor lock, invis, jetpack, etc. You have sprint, just like CoD. The gameplay itself has slowed down so that it's closer to the pace of CoD. Weapons have a bloom that increases the longer you fire, just like CoD. The height of the jump has been reduced so that it's closer to CoD's jump height (although maybe still a little bit higher).

All of these changes essentially change the essence of what made halo. Halo used to be about crazy jump heights (which meant it took more skill to aim) and precision weapons with no bloom (which meant the person with more accuracy always won), and sprint gives people who know they've lost the fight a chance to escape before you can finish the fight.

I'll take a quick second to briefly explain why bloom makes aiming take less skill in my opinion. Here we go.

In Halo 2, there was pretty much no bloom. Sure, the smg and the plasma rifle had a spread to it, but it was a constant spread, not something that changed. It could be accounted for so you knew the exact distance you needed to be away from someone to kill them with either weapon. Now, let's say there was a fight between 2 people with BRs. You shoot me, and shoot you, whoever gets the most shots fist (whoever has better aim) wins. With reach you just shoot as fast as you can. You get this ridiculous spread. And whoever the random number generator happens to favor that day gets the lucky shot that hits the other guys head and wins the fight. So it's not always 100% who has better aim like it used to be.

Now you might say that the better player would time their shots so the bloom never got very big and they could win with better aim. Well that's all well and good, but you haven't really thought this through. Let's say that palyer1 uses the previously mentioned strategy. They slow the rate of fire so that they can control the spread for the bullet. Now, player2 just fires as quickly as they can. The bloom for player 2 has now grown large enough that all of the next shots are not guaranteed to hit player1. But, they keep firing anyways, and with some luck they manage the headshot on player1 and score the kill. Now player1 has lost not because of weaker skill or aiming, but because he chose a strategy that takes the random number generator out of the question. If they both fire as fast as they can, then you get the first situation I mentioned, where both players are counting on the random number generator to let their bullet get the headshot and win the fight for them, instead of their aim winning the fight for themselves.

Everyone should read your comment and really listen to what you have to say. I'm glad to have you on my side.

From a professional standpoint, I think the halo reach credit ranking system work's find just, perhaps they should have something else to use them on besides just armor.

I don't mind having credits too much, do I like them "no". But do I really care if they are in there "not really". I am completely fine w/ credits as long as they are not implemented into the ranking system.

W/L = Rank Up or Down.

Halo is a TEAM game, End of story.

Im not even going to bother with you anymore. Your just being stupid. Shut the hell up, and go back to where this started. You will realise I did not attack your precious way of life.

Forget you people. It seems your all bent on "COMPETETIVE GAMEPLAY"

Lol im being stupid? Where in my post was my lack of intelligence showing? Maybe im just too stupid too notice. Also you are so mad its hilarious. Dont like when people disagree with you? You are entitled to your own opinion but you are posting it on an online forum. You best expect it will be criticized. You should consider leaving this forum for awhile and do a little growing up. Your views are unpopular because they are illogical lack any sort of understanding of the game of halo.

And yes please dont bother with me anymore. If not for me then do it for your own dignity while you still have any(you dont).

I really wouldn't want to be deranked. People should be not just ranked on their skill level but also in the amount of time they play the game and the dedication they put into it. So if someone has been playing for 50 days and is still level 1 there shouldn't be someone who just joins and after a week is level 15

I agree with IU IF A II IL. I think it should be where you earn the credits to buy the armor. But you have to actually win games to rank up. This way would make ranks matter again. Because in Halo Reach if your a high level it just means that you have been playing the game longer.

As I said. If you play the game longer I think you should deserve to have a higher rank. Just like in real life.