Site Poll 87: Will we see Blue Team again in Halo Infinite?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #87.

Last week I asked which armour unlock system you'd like to see in Halo Infinite, and the consensus came to Reach's system, with aspects of Halo 3/4's unlcok requirements. There were many great posts, and what made them even better was the suggestion of bringing back the Vidmaster challenges. Click here to view the last poll, #86.

halo-5-guardians-wallpaper-blue-team-lux

Will we see Blue Team again in Halo Infinite?

To be honest, there's actually no confirmation (yet) that Blue Team will be in Halo Infinite. Did 343 saying that Infinite will focus on Chief, mean Blue Team will also be cut out the picture? Having them in Halo 5 was great, and needed at one point or another, but was that just a one time thing? Blue Team will be essential in the fight against Cortana, whether we see them in the game or they head back to the books is yet to be confirmed.

Do you think we'll see them again, or not?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.      :yay:

• Like 2

Not likely, 343 said Infinite will be focused on Master Chief, I can't imagine blue team playing a big roll here (if any).

One could argue though a game with just the Chief is kind of past us now, sure. Story wise though I'm betting he will be the only playable character in Campaign.

Now, will Blue Team come back in Halo: Infinite? I'm not saying it's impossible but I'm not sure what Blue Team would do story wise, as far as I'm aware most people disliked the team aspect of Halo 5's campaign.

All in all though it's just speculation, I hope Chief will get more help to combat Cortana but in the end who's to say.

• Like 3

Now, will Blue Team come back in Halo: Infinite? I'm not saying it's impossible but I'm not sure what Blue Team would do story wise, as far as I'm aware most people disliked the team aspect of Halo 5's campaign.

It's not that I disliked that it was a thing, i disliked that they did the whole thing wrong. Blue Team barely does anything in the story, and have atrocious AI.

It's a situation where if they had made it good, then it would be good, and no-one would have anything to say about it. Blue Team as a Co-Op concept is very interesting, and not something new to Halo. Halo 3 had the Arbiter and Elite buddies for Co-Op after all, though only the Arbiter showed up in Single-Player.

• Like 2

I'm confident we'll be seeing more of Blue Team, if only because they've been introduced to the game canon at this point and so it'd be weird if we didn't have them.

That said, I'm not so sure if they're going to be playable. I suspect that Infinite is still going to have a heavy focus on multiplayer throughout the campaign, and if that's the case, I'm sure that at least one of them will be in the team. But whether we're going to see the full Blue Team, or some combination of Chief and other Spartans, I'm not so certain of. I hope I'm wrong on this, as co-op being the default state for the campaign is a really bad idea, but given some of 343i's responses to criticism of Halo 5, and just the name of Infinite itself, I suspect that it's still going to be something designed around four player co-op.

Now, just to be clear: while I strongly disliked the way they were handled in Halo 5, I actually think Blue Team could add something worthwhile to the games in the hands of a remotely competent writer, and really enrich them in the hands of a good one. A big part of the reason I was so frustrated by them in Halo 5 was that they were there purely to act as stand-ins for actual human players, and so if they have to do the same in Infinite, I'd far rather that they're at least fully fleshed-out characters while doing so.

• Like 2

I imagine they will appear in some form. Whether they are playable or not is another question. I think they might ne unplayable but still somewhat appear in the story. It could be a very minor role but still a role worth showing.

Although its just a tech demo so nothing to go off reallym

• Like 2