Halo 6 Do's and Don'ts

Eans Vadum

Alright I have an idea, no REQ packs. I'd rather pay for my map packs than have a system that entirely cheapens everything and ruins half the point of the game in my opinion, progression. :)

Besides, I've been having a look at the Forge maps 343 have been showing and they look like actual maps for once so why do we need 343 to give us maps when the maps we build ourselves look almost as good?

Alright I have an idea, no REQ packs. I'd rather pay for my map packs than have a system that entirely cheapens everything and ruins half the point of the game in my opinion, progression. :)

Besides, I've been having a look at the Forge maps 343 have been showing and they look like actual maps for once so why do we need 343 to give us maps when the maps we build ourselves look almost as good?

Because we can't have idiotic maps made by people with half a brain in matchmaking now can we?

Because we can't have idiotic maps made by people with half a brain in matchmaking now can we?

Why so negative?

You remember Halo Reach right?

That game later in its life cycle had a lot of community made maps but in matchmaking and you know what they are not half bad and were actually really well made. :)

There are some talented Forgers in the Halo community who are just as talented as those who made the Forge maps in Halo 5. (Since a lot of Halo 5 maps are Forge created)

So be optimistic about things because there are talented people out there.

• Like 1

Why so negative?

You remember Halo Reach right?

That game later in its life cycle had a lot of community made maps but in matchmaking and you know what they are not half bad and were actually really well made.  :)

There are some talented Forgers in the Halo community who are just as talented as those who made the Forge maps in Halo 5. (Since a lot of Halo 5 maps are Forge created)

So be optimistic about things because there are talented people out there.

Wait, you do realise that the Forge maps that are going to be added are made by some community Forgers right?

Can I point out a certain map made by 343 has horrendous spawn camping in it too?

Cough Orion Cough :)

Lol, you are dumb if you think Orion is terrible on spawn camping. You haven't played the game's multiplayer, so you wouldn't even know which map is terrible! It's Pegasus... Rig taking second place.

I do, and its a great thing.

It also makes 343 kinda pointless at the same time but whatever. :)

Not pointless, it's called getting involved with the community. Unlike most companies.

Edited by Fishy

It's certainly true that a lot of the Forge maps which have made their way into matchmaking over the years have been garbage. But that said, there have been an awful lot of really terrible regular maps, too: Reach had some really atrocious maps in its pool in terms of things like Boardwalk, Sword Base and Reflection, while Halo 4 had garbage like Abandon, Daybreak and Shatter. And bear in mind, these kind of regular maps can't simply be tweaked with a few Forge edits, so they either have to be pulled from the map pool altogether (reducing variety), left in (creating frustration), or rebuilt, which takes time during which we have to put up with one of the first two anyway and then might be broken again.

Now while there's no denying that a lot of Forge maps are pretty poor, there are an awful lot of them which aren't. There are always going to be a few really terrible maps which make it into matchmaking (I'm still angry that the person who designed The Cage and Uncaged was paid rather than euthanised), but there are also a lot of really fantastic maps which did: some of my all-time favourite maps have been products of Forge, such as Synapse, which was not only well-balanced and exciting to play but also managed to be incredibly good looking as well. On this very site we have an entire Forge section in which people can show off their creations - and while yes, some of them are pretty poor, a lot of them are fun, fair, and competitive.

• Like 2

Lol, you are dumb if you think Orion is terrible on spawn camping. You haven't played the game's multiplayer, so you wouldn't even know which map is terrible! It's Pegasus... Rig taking second place.

Not pointless, it's called getting involved with the community. Unlike most companies.

Orion does have bad spawn camping though and a lot of exploits that amaze me that 343 didn't see them during testing. :)

Every gaming company interacts with the gaming community, just do different extents.