Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

I discovered that if I have my Twitch stream going, my games play perfect. I've played about 20 games today without any lag. Without Twitch going, it's unplayable. No idea why but give it a try and see if it helps you out

Unfortunately that does not work for me, only routing the traffic through a PC allows me to enjoy the game. I have a TWC tech coming out AGAIN tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of this.

Have a smaller Fiber company called MetroNet Inc.  Every time I try to join multiplayer with my girlfriend, one of us loses connection and the other gets thrown into a match, typically ending up a 3v4.

That sounds like an easy one. Set up a static IP for each of the consoles through your router, make sure you are getting an "Open NAT" from each console too. Another thing you could do (still static IP) is set them up in the DMZ. Good luck!

I have had a horrible experience with Halo 5. I bought 3 xbones for my Halo Room, and I was looking forward to retiring the xbox 360s or relegate them to media sharing/guitar hero duty. After trying to play Halo 5 online, my friends/family and I frequently go back to playing games on the 360s BECAUSE THEY WORK. I purchased the xbones for MCC and Halo 5 exclusively, and I don't have any other games for them, nor do I intend to buy any. I have dropped thousands of dollars to be able to play a game and Halo 5 just doesn't work. The lag makes the game unplayable (even in campaign sometimes). Maybe I need to check my setup or forward ports...not so much. I've had a bit of experience with multiple console support on my network. 7 years of experience. Halo 5 is the first game in which multiplayer is unusable for me.

Bright House Road Runner Lightning, Central FL (speedtest 86 down, 6 up, 11ms to Orlando)

Open NAT on all consoles

Netgear Nighthawk wireless router (best stock firmware I've found, no need for DD-WRT)

Netgear GS108 switch

Motorola SB6121 Modem

CAT6 cable, no wireless for gaming

This setup has served me faithfully for years and continues to do so when I'm not playing Halo 5.

Here's a pic of this setup working perfectly for Destiny for the 360, the only non-Halo game I play.

post-94651-0-01822000-1448780425_thumb.jpg

WTF, 343?

hello everyone.

we absolutely Need euro servers.

connecting in the USA means 200ms ping !!

wu CANOT PLAYERS IN THIS CONDITIONS.

my network works gréât, i usually get less thon 30ms ping

but with HALO 5, everyone is from usa , Canada, Mexico > we are already dead before thé match begin !

please, fix it fast ! i bought xboxone and thé game especialy for multiplayer on halo.

i played since Halo ce. at thiS time, i and friends are disgusted....

please : GIVE US SOME EUROPÉANS DEDICATED SERVERS!

best regards from France.

For the record, servers are worldwide and NOT country specific or isolated. Azure and the Live platform run via cloud based serving and are run from Microsoft server farms worldwide. Yes you will always connect to the closest server but after that hosting is passed off to a host. P2P is to blame as well as the netcoding which has plagued Halo since 2005.

On October 30th i decided to play Arena and Warzone for the first time, I didn't even get into a single match, started off in arena and it would connect find a server ok find players fine to and fast, but just as it seemed it was going to load the game and i'd be back on the match type selection screen with all type options blacked i never even got a request timing out message i would just reboot the Xbone and try again, and this is how the next 30 minute of my life went until i just decided to play some Campaign on Solo.A day or two later i played a few matches both Arena and Warzone it worked flawlessly no lag, no issues like before, so i just wrote off the previous issues i experienced with maybe the game being down due to so many people playing itLast night a friend and i played we played A Warzone match and then did a few games of swat, and again it worked out great no lag no issues, then as i switched from Swat to a different game type i apparently lagged out of the game before it started and ended back on the game type selection screen with a banner at the top of my screen saying that it was trying to connect me then i got request timed out error message, not wanting to drop my squad i wait til the match finished for them then decided to move back over to warzone, and again the same issue happened but this time i decided i'd leave the squad and we'd rejoin after the match because i knew i could get game in before they were done. so then i tried warzone again by myself and it found players just find screen went black as if to load a match then i found myself back on the warzone queue screen then another error request timed out message and long story short this is how it went for the next 45 minutes with me trying various things on all different types when i could select them.My connection shouldn't be the issue, i have 60mbps connection through Charter, i don't have any latency issues,the only device connected to the internet is the xbox one and i've tried both wired and wireless connection and my nat type is open, i never had any issues playing any other game 360 or xbone on and just in case it matters i bought the $89 digital deluxe package, not sure if there may be any issues with download itself.

Since then i've had the same issues on and off i'll be playing in arena or warzone and then it'll start giving me the same timing out issues though my net is fine turning the console on or off doesn't work, unpluging the console has worked once, but generally i just get fed up and stop play, i like the game and i'd like to log more hours on it but  that's hard to do when it wont even let me play

Okay this has happened to me a few times and it really pisses me off. I usually save the boosts and all that unless it is a RP boost. So a while ago I got a rare RP boost and I decided to use it but I got kicked out because of connection issues and my RP boost is gone. I did not get any extra RP either. I figured one time deal right? So tonight I was playing and I got a legendary RP boost and I used it but I got kicked out because of connection issues. All I want is for them to fix this problem so that I dont keep on losing RP boost because of connection issues. Also I would like my legendary RP boost back. Please fix this as soon as possible because I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

This isn't about connection problems, but about how sluggish the movements are. I just installed HALO 5 on my brand new XBOX 1 Limited edition HALO 5 Guardians bundle. Everything seems to work fine. No lag, Graphics look great, but the Reticle kind of blurs when it moves and it's generally sluggish. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, but same issues. Anyone no if I need to return the XBOX or if there is some sort of a solution here? 

Thank you

By most accounts, multiplayer in Halo 5: Guardians has run smoothly since it was launched, with the great majority of players able to connect to its servers easily, find matches quickly, and remain connected without issue.

However, a small but notable number of people have reported serious problems with connecting to servers. The symptoms in these cases are usually the same, in that while their internet connections are working just fine and they're having no issues with other titles, Halo 5 suffers issues with lagging and disconnecting during games. As per this thread on /r/Halo, something that most of these players seem to have in common is that their ISP is Time-Warner Cable.

While we normally have a thread dedicated to recording players' connection problems immediately after launch, this time I'm going to take the slightly unusual step of asking that if you're suffering from issues with Halo 5: Guardians' servers and online components, in addition to explaining what they are you also list the name of your ISP. Doing so may help establish whether there is indeed a connection or it's just a series of unlucky early coincidences: if we get enough responses to suggest the former, I'll do what I can to bring the matter to the attention of 343i and TWC in the hopes that they can resolve these problems and get our fellow Spartans back into the fight.

So, with all that in mind, please submit your connectivity issues here!

Three other buddies and I have been experiencing issues connecting to matchmaking and custom games. It is saying someone in your fire team has a high latency. My internet is from AT&T and I'm not aware of there's but this has been happening all day we played a few games and now we can't.

• Like 1

Hi I haven't had connection issues regarding Halo 5 until yesterday I was playing with a friend and I kept losing connection to the servers. Every time I lose connection I also end up losing connection to the Xbox party chat. My ISP is Time Warner Cable. Please help solve this issue.

I called Microsoft to fix my connection problem it turns out it wasn't my internet provider that was causing my connection issues. It was was my Xbox that was causing my connection issues. Microsoft had me go to my account settings and had me delete my account from my Xbox. Then they had me reboot the Xbox by holding the power button on the Xbox it's self until it turned off then they had me wait 10 minutes before turning it on again. Then once I turned it on again they had me reinstall my account on my Xbox by Entering my Email and password associated with my Xbox account. Then after all of that they had me test it out in Halo 5 Guardians. It now works like a charm. They explained to me how sometimes your Xbox can scramble your account which in turn creates connection issues. I hope this helps.

Halo 5 is broken and you all at h.q. aren't even trying to help us gamers out! Wtf man why, why is it that every time I try to use the forge it bugs out like a mad? Seeing players running into walls and other stupid ????. Halo used to be good so take a brake from halo six and see to it that we all can play Halo 5 without any problems.

I'm having a serious problem connecting to muktiplayer. I get the message "ATTENTION Could not find a server that was suitable for all members of your fireteam." I'm trying to play alone, no fireteam set up, so the problem has to be with me.

I have Exede Satellite Internet, owned by Via Sat company, and have had no problems playing online multiplayer either any other game. I know, shame on me for using satellite internet, I get lag, yes, but I can still play other games online but not Halo 5. I've taken my xbox to a friend's house and played multiplayer with no problems whatsoever, but can't play at home.

Any help with this?

I am experiencing multiplayer issues too.  I am getting an error message: Attention There was an issue with the Halo5: Guardians servers.  Please try again.

I have had this error for the past day.  I cannot even start any type of multiplayer game at all.  Nothing.  The entire multiplayer experience is down for me.

I have re-installed the game.  No luck.  I have tested my connection and everything is fine.  I can play Star Wars Battlefront with no issues so it looks like this is specific to Halo.  I called Xbox support (even though I knew they probably wouldn't be able to help) and they couldn't help.  Can anyone here help me with figuring out what is going on?

Something is messed up with this game.  It takes forever to load and I have to pop out the DVD and put it back in before it gives me the main page with Campaign, Multiplayer, Community listed.  Under the Community page, the message of the day doesn't appear at all, when I click it, the screen quickly refreshes but nothing else happens.  Campaign seems to work fine, just multiplayer is messed up.

My son played 2-3 games yesterday. The first one worked fine but then the second game he had issues with his requisition packs not working.  So I started the game over and this is when multiplayer just went down completely.  No idea what is going on but very disappointed right now.  

OK mine is working now and hopefully what I did to fix it may work for you guys too.

I had 2 accounts that played Halo - mine and my son's.  Both of us were unable to play Halo and were getting the above issues.  My daughter also has an account so I turned off the Xbox (held down the power button on the actual console for about 3 seconds), popped out the Halo CD, waited 10 minutes, and then logged into the Xbox with my daughter's account and started Halo again.  It worked fine.  I then went back and turned it on under my account and now everything worked fine for me again.

My guess is that there was some sort of issue with my account/gamertag with Halo, and whenever i started the game with my account, Halo just couldn't figure out what to do but when I logged in under my daughter's account, it fixed itself.

I hope you guys can do the same and it works for you.

• Like 1

UPDATE

Bravo has responded to a thread on Reddit confirming that 343i are aware of the issues, and that their networking engineers are working to determine the root of the problem. No news yet on what exactly the cause is or when we can expect a fix, but at least we now know that they know there's a problem and are looking into it. His full statement is as follows:

Hey everyone. If you're seeing any lag similar to this and are able to assist with some info, please consider posting to this thread, where we're tracking this issue with the below info, as we have network engineers combing (insert Spaceballs GIF here) this thread to determine exactly what's occurring here and what types of changes can be made to improve.

Here's the info that our guys are looking for, if you're able to provide:

• What region are you located in?
  • How often are you experiencing this? (every game, every other game?)
  • Does this happen multiple times per game?
  • Description of your experience (Warping, delayed registration, walking into walls, etc.)
  • Xbox DVR / YouTube / Twitch VoD / etc is extremely helpful
  • Make / model of your router
  • Firmware version of your router
  • ISP & Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down)

Posting in the above thread is the best way to compile this info to make sure it's all in the same place. Thanks all.

Source: Reddit

Hello,

I'm getting banned by the loss of my connection to the server, when nothing seems to be wrong with my internet connection after having had contact with my internet provider. Because I never had with any other games, issues like this, it seems unlikely to me its my internet, it's already open NAT-type (see here:https://goo.gl/KHcQAn).Thisproblem occurs almost always after a played match and therefore I must sometimes wait inbetween matches for a period of time because I am afraid to be banned again. (not sure if that helped). It is therefore unfortunate that halo 5 can not distinguish between dropping out of the match or connection loss.The ban is becoming longer and longer and am afraid for my xbox live reputation / account.

I've recently also got myself banned because of ending a campaign mission, how is that even possible? (see here: https://goo.gl/6xSTnM)I've been posting around everywhere, but get little to no help. I need help and I do not mean the xbox live support help page that makes me none the wiser.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, JxGlenn

video Link 1:

video Link 2: