Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

What is the status of this? Can we can an update from 343?

I doubt 343 can do anything about this. TWC is blaming Microsoft servers. Neither company really cares we are such a small group of people having this problem. Look into getting a new ISP. This problem has been going on for 11 months with Halo MCC i wouldn't expect it to be fixed any time soon. Someone else suggested a VPN will work but i don't know enough about it to tell you if it will. I don't have a laptop or i would have tried it already. 

I am in Dubai using DU as my internet service provider. I select to join warzone, then says loadin game, followed by Deploying and then a red screen in some langauge I do not understand. The issue is that in 3 days I have managed to play 1 warzone, 1 capture the flag and 1 arena... So a measly 3 games. How can I resolve the issue?

Oh, and I forgot to mention, it sometimes keeps me at loading, then says mat h intermission, thenthe cycle repears, but when I quit, I received req points as if Inplayed the game??

I have Xfinity (Comcast) and have the same issues. Crazy lag during coop campaign. I can keep moving/playing but everyone else stands in place. It's crazy. Then it loses all connection and boots me.

Internet is 105 dl 13up. No issues anywhere else, no other games lag, just halo5

I found out the problem. I have Time Warner cable and am located in the Northeast region. I was LEASING a modem from TWC and purchased a modem today (Netgear N600). Halo 5 is now running smooth as ever. No lag, no more watching people running into place into walls. Advice: Buy a new modem! It will save you bill in the long run anyway. These outdated modems that timewarner has are complete garbage. 

I am also a TWC customer having major lag problems. I live in lower Alabama. I went out and bought a new modem, new router, made all the changes that are recommended to play, and it didn't fix the problem. My internet speeds are 50/10 and I don't have problems with playing any other games, just halo.

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with microsoft and the problem is not there. I am getting the error message "Error authorizing user with Halo 5 guardian services.  You will be unable to access on-line modes"  so frustrated.....All my other multiplayer accesses work fine.  Help please!

I found out the problem. I have Time Warner cable and am located in the Northeast region. I was LEASING a modem from TWC and purchased a modem today (Netgear N600). Halo 5 is now running smooth as ever. No lag, no more watching people running into place into walls. Advice: Buy a new modem! It will save you bill in the long run anyway. These outdated modems that timewarner has are complete garbage. 

I thought the same thing but made the mistake of buying the Arris SB6121 instead of the Netgear. Still having the same problems. You may be on to something. Maybe we need a firmware update or something but as far i know ARRIS does not put out firmware updates. 

I have a Motorolla from Brighthouse which I believe is a subsidiary of TWC, and have the same issues.

Lol... Just to reiterate, I am not on TWC - I feel a little outnumbered in this tread ????

I tried last night again. I played 1 arena and 2 warzone. So I am slightly confused because I do get access sometimes, no lag, but it takes a considerable amount of time to get into a game. And while I am in the lobby and waititng for the game to load it goes into intermission and then loads a new one as if I played? ???? I even get REQ points. Issue not with the ISP, and also not with Microsoft. So it must be with 343. Can someone please send out some official communication on the errors experiencing now and the ETA on fix releases. Communication is key to retention of your clients. Just saying its a competitive market out there

Lol... Just to reiterate, I am not on TWC - I feel a little outnumbered in this tread ????

I tried last night again. I played 1 arena and 2 warzone. So I am slightly confused because I do get access sometimes, no lag, but it takes a considerable amount of time to get into a game. And while I am in the lobby and waititng for the game to load it goes into intermission and then loads a new one as if I played? ???? I even get REQ points. Issue not with the ISP, and also not with Microsoft. So it must be with 343. Can someone please send out some official communication on the errors experiencing now and the ETA on fix releases. Communication is key to retention of your clients. Just saying its a competitive market out there

Sounds like your getting timed out because of your ping. The red screen you are talking about says your connection was dropped. You are probably connecting to a server somewhere is western Europe and your ping is extremely high. Maybe you are being routed to the wrong server in the US for some reason. What is your internet speed? What kind of ping do you have in other games? When you run the network test in the settings menu what is your ping and packet loss?

Connectivity issues began, daylight hours 10/31/2015. We have TWC as our ISP, pay for high speed, yet aure choked by their $20 router & coaxial cable.

Our wifi is the fanged doohickey, running dual at 2.8gigs p/sec & 5.8gig p/sec ... still ... on the other side of a $20 router & coaxial cable.

We're going to replace the router ourselves, unless TWC actually supports their "high speed" internet with a high speed router and a signal booster, for the coaxial.

FYI, Verizon does not have true fiber optic up here, as they do in the city markets, otherwise they'd be the logical choice.

Getting tired of losing stats, in game coin & bumped from great games in Kingston, NY 12401

Thank you for already being on top of this!!

Forgot to mention, we don't run television cable or cable boxes. Straight from the pole to their router to our NASA wifi, of which I run the 2.8 gig network for all our phones & tabs (4 total) & the XBox One or the AppleTv get the dedicated 5.8gig. I ping super awesome 30/32 outbound & I receive at the choked rate of all ISP's Max, 9.3 - 9.7 range.

The difference between TWC high speed & non-high speed is simply defined as 56k dialup or do you want current average speeds. Sadly with the regulations and Federal laws, Cellular airspace laws, etc, there is no free market economy on Internet & speed.

Any competition stating any speed faster is simply in fantasy land, as they rent the TWC landlines almond with the TWC satellites in the markets hare, then send the singnal 3rd party with their name on it. Yet the Internet stil is hard lined, still using TWC's coaxial from the pole to the house. Hence you always see a sub-contractor doing the installations, never someone from the Satellite company(s),

So, New York State is a conundrum to say the very least. Guaranteed that all complaints are at the root with the hardware of TWC system, yet may very be homes with Satellite systems, all of which use TWC to deliver the signal to the home.

Best of luck, now fix my Halo =)

My download speed is 86.86MPS, upload is 8.45 MPS and packet loss is 0%

Sounds like your getting timed out because of your ping. The red screen you are talking about says your connection was dropped. You are probably connecting to a server somewhere is western Europe and your ping is extremely high. Maybe you are being routed to the wrong server in the US for some reason. What is your internet speed? What kind of ping do you have in other games? When you run the network test in the settings menu what is your ping and packet loss?

My download speed is 86.86MPS, upload is 8.45 MPS and packet loss is 0%, latency 297ms

TWC user here as well. Haven't been able to play one decent game since launch. Games lag and people just walk into walls and when it picks back up I've died a couple of times. Eventually it just lags me out. I have their 50/5 package and everything else I have works fine. I was planning to buy another console tomorrow so my kids could play Halo with me but after all this frustration I don't see why I would waste my money.

I have been getting kicked from the game while playing co-op story mode with my brother.  He has had no issues, but I have been having problems with this since purchasing the game.  It also kicks me from party chat as well.  All other games I play do not give me any trouble.  I have Charter as my internet provider, and they are not having any issues.  My connectivity is just fine.  After getting frustrated with Halo, I played a round of World of Tanks, and had no issues.  Pretty sure it is something with the Halo server.

My download speed is 86.86MPS, upload is 8.45 MPS and packet loss is 0%

My download speed is 86.86MPS, upload is 8.45 MPS and packet loss is 0%, latency 297ms

I assume you mean mbps which if you convert to the MB is 11/1 respectively. 297 ping is very high as well. Your internet is not terrible but it is not great either. I still think you are getting timed out because your ping is so high. You should still be able to play but i find it hard to believe you do not lag out and have connection problems with every online game you play. Your question could be better answered by other gamers in your area or surrounding areas. Searching google i found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dubai/comments/3qdpjy/halo_5_dubai_latency_issues_x_post_from_rhalo/

You are basically in the same boat as all of us TWC customers. Switching ISP will probably resolve your issues. 

I only seem to lag in Halo 5 but its not constant its random and lasts anywhere from 5seconds to 1min. My internet provider is Time Warner cable i have 18 ping 37 download and 6upload. I have looked everywhere and the things i have tried are restarting xbox, internet, game and messed around with port forwarding. And i am hardwired in

The game is unplayable online for me. TWC customer with 60 down and 6 up. I live in San Diego, CA. Called TWC and they said everything is good on there end. I usually use a router but I tried running it straight to the modem with the same result. All other games I play have no issues. I'm just glad I didn't drive 50 miles one way opening night like I did for MCC.

I want to enjoy playing Halo 5 but I haven't since it came out. I have never experienced such bad lag in my life. I've been banned once already because of my inability to connect. My ISP is also Time Warner Cable. Either one, the other, or both 343 and Time Warner will no longer have my support, time, and money if this problem persists.

You need to open certain ports on your router. Had the same issue last night with Comcast. Youtube Machinima and watch his video to add port forwarding/triggering for the xbox one on your router. Very simple, takes about 10 min!

I went on youtube and searched machinima and all I can find is "Xbox One Pays Machinima to post positive things about Xbox and Xbox related issues". I suppose the Xbox exclusive game Halo 5 is one of those Xbox related issues