Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

Yes with the connection problems, every time it loads game ready to play same thing lost connection I keep playing other games fine but really finding it so frustrating not being able to play after spending $150 dollars on it . After I rechecked internet connection up comes sorry we are having difficulty on our end please try again later? Still saying this after 5 days ....then yet again CONNECTION LOST????

I live in Ohio, have Armstrong one wire internet, wired into my Xbox. No problems with other games or purchasing a Xbox gold package. Funny how I purchased a year subscription then I can't connect to Halo5 multiplayer. Really disappointed in 343 or Microsoft, you guys should have this figured out. Need a fix or my money back as you would if roles reversed. Later.

I am also having problems connecting to multiplayer. I am not banned, my Xbox gold is current, my NAT is open, I reinstalled the game several times, I restarted my router several times, my connection is through ethernet, my Internet provider is Cox, and I am not having problems with any other games. Can someone please help. I purchased this game mostly for online play and it has been taken away ????. Please help. 343 get it together soon.

BTW I live in New Orleans.

I cannot connect to Halo 5 multiplayer servers. Every time I start the game it comes up with the error message " ATTENTION Error authorising user with Halo 5 Guardians server. You will be unable to access online modes."

I have reported the problem to Xbox live support who have checked my account and found no issues so they referred me to this site. I don't have any problems playing multiplayer on other games. My ISP is Sky. I agree with the others - fix or money back please!!!

Hi,

I'm having connectivity issues as of 11/16/2015.  With the last time I played being 11/15/2015.

I haven't been able to connect to any multiplayer online matches.  My internet is AT&T and the connection is fine.  I can read your message of the day and view plenty of other online stuff.  I even was able to open a REQ pack.

Whenever the game is about to start/ at the game loading screen, it gives me a connection lost error and kicks me out.

I ran connectivity tests from my xbox and the connection is fine and it says I'm good to play multiplayer.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm having connectivity issues as of 11/16/2015.  With the last time I played being 11/15/2015.

I haven't been able to connect to any multiplayer online matches.  My internet is AT&T and the connection is fine.  I can read your message of the day and view plenty of other online stuff.  I even was able to open a REQ pack.

Whenever the game is about to start/ at the game loading screen, it gives me a connection lost error and kicks me out.

I ran connectivity tests from my xbox and the connection is fine and it says I'm good to play multiplayer.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

I would say wait and see if it's a connection issue with the servers from your ISP, or if it's just the Halo 5 servers down.

343 I want my money back!!!!! Im sooo frustrated with your game. Just because I have time warner cable in new york I cant play your stupid game, my favorite game. But you guys literally robbed me cuz your online gameplay does not work why cant you at least try to fix this problem? Ive bought everygame this one I spent 100$ on n got it at midnight. So please respind to this, fix your game or give me a damn refund this is B.S.

You guys dropped the ball so bad. Is anyone even reading our comments!?! Hello! 343 loyal customers here that are extremly upset with your broken game. I bought xbox one for halo.. we all deserve a refund.

And idk why there are people in here defending microsoft and 343. Good for you, your games work. Ours dont so shut up. This thread is for people with this problem to let them know and find solutions not for you to get on here n try to sound smart with all your I.T. bull. Youd be pissed too if halo didnt work AT ALL for you so just stay out of it.

For records I am also experiencing issues. Provider is Time Warner Cable in Central NY.

I have conducted a packet capture while in game that could possibly shed some light on the issue if anyone at 343 cares. I have a ticket open with Time Warner Cable as well. Please, you owe it to your customers to supply us with an update.

Since the update yesterday this occurs.  Halo 5 wont resume playing the Campaign. When resume is selected, the game says loading, then goes into the Deploying countdown, then black screen which kicks me back to the Xbox home.  I chatted with Microsoft today and they had me try a few things including uninstalling, and re-installing and nothing works.  Verizon is my service provider.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. For the past 18 hours or so, each time I attempt to join any lobby other than solo results in the game taking about a minute attempting to communicate with the Halo 5 servers, after which point, as you may guess, I get the red screen of death and the short message "ATTENTION There was an issue with the Halo 5: Guardians servers. Please try again."

As you may also guess, I've continued to try again. Repeatedly. Incessantly even.

Internet is fine, unplugged and replugged everything, restarted this, reconfigured that. Live is fine, it's just the halo 5 servers. Internet provider is Shaw.

Suffice to say this has been a great pain in my butt as all I want to do is hop on and pwn some noobs. 

Wtf, fix this problem with the twc isp. Tried to play the last 4 games, and I was kicked out.

P.S. No split screen was the worst idea for halo. The greatest part of playing was to have friends over and enjoy the experience together. About to sell my xbox and get a psp. It's cheap business tricks like this that really turn consumers of to your product. I hope this time that your business strategy of having consumers only be slightly annoyed for small profits, but not annoyed enough not buy your product, back fires on you. I say this from the bottom of my heart, go suck a fart out of my ass hole!!!

Hi,

I got the Halo Edition Xbox One Console so i got a digital copy of Halo 5 and had it all installed and working fine then last night Thursday 19/11/15 (Australia) it wanted to update so i let it update over night but when i checked on it this morning (20/11/15) it said that the update is at 431% and wont let me play it. I've contacted the Xbox support centre but they cant do anything about it and i done everything i could think of besides un-installing and re-installing. Is there any sugestions on how i can get Halo 5 working again

I also am finding after about a week of have no problems with this game the last two days problems have been starting. it started out every other game it would lag and then kick me out saying there was a connection problem on online multiplayer. Now i cant even finish a online multiplayer game. I have Comcast so I tried resting router and modem. Still the Same. Restart xbox. Still the same. About to uninstall then reinstall game now.  

Any one know any fix?

I don't experience a lot of lag but I am experiencing issues with getting into any multiplayer type activity since Friday evening. My ISP is sky, I have been a dedicated spartan since the very beginning and haven't had any gripes with either of the developers until now. I have read other threads from other forms and it just seems like 343 don't give a damn as there is not one response to any thread that I can see. What's the chances of getting this sorted out asap.?

I tried to play a few games in my TWC connection tonight and got lagged out every time. Switched to my AT&T WiFi hotspot kn my phone and played 8 games without issue. Seriously, please get this fixed. It's obviously an issue with Halo 5 and TWC so get together and figure it out!

So I was reviewing the packet capture of my game failing while in game and here is what I notice:

• Periodic UDP and GVSP traffic. (GigE Vision Streaming Protocol)

• The GVSP packets say "Unknown Format" "Block Dropped" and "Packet Resend"

• This traffic seems to shift back and fourth every 30 packets or so.

• As soon as the game cuts out it goes to strictly GVSP traffic.

Why does the UDP traffic stop? I'm guessing if it continued I wouldn't have gotten disconnected.

So I was reviewing the packet capture of my game failing while in game and here is what I notice:

• Periodic UDP and GVSP traffic. (GigE Vision Streaming Protocol)

• The GVSP packets say "Unknown Format" "Block Dropped" and "Packet Resend"

• This traffic seems to shift back and fourth every 30 packets or so.

• As soon as the game cuts out it goes to strictly GVSP traffic.

Why does the UDP traffic stop? I'm guessing if it continued I wouldn't have gotten disconnected.

So the UDP Traffic doesn't stop necessarily but it is definitely changing. The lengths become fixed and predictable, likely indicating a problem with the traffic. The newer version of WireShark reports that the traffic is both GVSP and UDP (both show when using the UDP expression) and UDP stops after a certain point. The old version of WireShark simply shows UDP the whole way.

I was always a fan of the Halo series, but with this horrible game no more, where i must wait like 20 minutes if im luky to find a match. Im from South America and i really thing that dedicate servers are good idea, but why 343 push you to play on that limit condition?. Sorry but is not just a few people: south America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia. All of them have the same problem (i know). Anyway this is just to expres myself, i already change to the PS4.