Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

I assume you mean mbps which if you convert to the MB is 11/1 respectively. 297 ping is very high as well. Your internet is not terrible but it is not great either. I still think you are getting timed out because your ping is so high. You should still be able to play but i find it hard to believe you do not lag out and have connection problems with every online game you play. Your question could be better answered by other gamers in your area or surrounding areas. Searching google i found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dubai/comments/3qdpjy/halo_5_dubai_latency_issues_x_post_from_rhalo/

You are basically in the same boat as all of us TWC customers. Switching ISP will probably resolve your issues.

Mate, thanks a lot! Got it all sorted and now I am kicking some behinds... though mine is getting a little more kicked than I would like ????

Hey, I have been having the same freaking problem ever since I got the game at release, EXstreme lag! I am very pissed off, every time I try to play halo 5 multiplayer I am faced with teleporting, freezing lag, even though I have very good internet and all my other games work perfectly! this basicly makes this game unplayable and trash. I live around Rochester NY and I have TWC and my gamer tag is BROBRAD. PLEASE fix this!

Are there any proposed solutions other than the DNS change that was given a couple days ago? 

San Diego Time Warner Cable User

Arris SurfBoard6141 modem

Tried switching DNS to google servers - helped for a couple games and then back to lag

Open NAT

Lag is unplayable...

Halo 5 multiplayer lag

ISP: TWC

Just played two extremely laggy games on Free For All. I dropped out of the playlist to preserve what little rank I might have achieved. There were several kills that I didn't get because the guy teleported and killed me from an entirely different area of the map. I spawned 15 times in a row. Died randomly at least three separate times. Radar doesn't show any enemies. That was just one game.

I can get into a game but will lag out / run into walls about 70% of the time..  My ISP is also TWC.  I worked with them last night and I have 35 download, 6 upload, 35 ping and 0 packet loss.  Every other game runs fine.  I updated my modem and router firmware.  I've tried disabling/enabling UPnP, port-forwarding, utilizing google servers, and many modem/router/xbox hard resets.  

There is nothing more that I can do on my end that I know how to do..   Please let me know when this will be fixed.

Western NY time warner 60down/6up- same terrible rubberband/disconnect/running into walls lag, only in halo 5 - primarily noticed in ranked arena. I'm not a noob my equipment is set up properly. I have my own netgear nighthawk and Motorola surfboard modem...definitely not just an issue with the arris router/modem combo.

Really frustrating playing ranked games and having terrible lag ruin the experience- especially when you pay so much for the game, console, controller and Internet. PISSED.

ISP: TWC 50/5

Modem: Arris SB6141

Router: Netgear WNDR3700

I did not experience issues on release day, but the following days have been getting worse and worse. Random spikes where people stop shooting and just run into walls for 30+ seconds. I have been scouring google looking for a solution, but to no avail. So far, I have tried a static IP and port forwarding.

I have heard that people had luck with "appearing offline" on their friends list. I tried it, and it worked for an hour or so, but then it resumed the spikes. Next on my list of solutions is to try a VPN, though I have no idea how to do that. I will update this post if I have any luck.

Additionally, I am located in Rochester, NY. 

I cant connect to Matchmaking at all, I cant even join a fire team. Every time I try to join in matchmaking it gives me a "Halo 5 Guardians Dedicated Server Error" I have Time Warner Cable with a download speed of 26 MBPs. its very Sporadic though, it'll work fine and then it'll stop working. 

Hello, I think I have a problem with your matchmaking, most of the games I play in are lagging and the games just feels unfair. I have zero aim assist, die through walls, die with one shot and similar events related to lag. Less frequently, but still noticeable, I see people teleporting and running in place, and I also noticed that even if I live in Italy, I often get paired with Americans and Canadians for no apparent reason. Why does it happen? The game is great, and you did an AMAZING job, but right now it is just really really frustrating. Other games instead run without problems, I don't lag on any EA game nor on CSGO. Between my friends, I'm not the only one who had this problem, while to some others the game always run perfectly, to the point that some of them don't even believe me.
Can you help me or give me an explanation? I also recorded a good amount of clips, if needed.
Many thanks!​

I'm glad that I have found this post as I have struggled with war zone as the game is either laggy or i am returned to main menu after 5 mins of game play. This is the only information that I have been able to find regarding this issue.. I have checked my Xbox connection setting and all return a good connection state.

I am based in the UK and ISP is Virgin media with 3mb upload speed and 30-45 mob upload ......

any help would be greatly appreciated..........

• Like 1

Halo 5 lag.

I live OH with Twc with 30m down and 5 or 6 up and I can't play multiplayer at all I warp everywhere can't do damge and die randomly please help

Halo 5 lag.

I live OH with Twc with 30m down and 5 or 6 up and I can't play multiplayer at all I warp everywhere can't do damge and die randomly please help

OMG I have 1,000,0000,000 Upload an 5,000,000 download why cant i haz no lag?!?!

This is what you all sound like to me.  All kidding and mocking aside, lag has very little to do with what "theoretical" speeds you all have or are falsely reported by sites that range your speeds.  Speed tests don't actively test every port nor do they count for multiple ports of packet data being sent or received in anywhere near the quantities that are coming and going through Live.

Secondly, software is not very reliable either.  To get an almost exact look at what speeds you ARE getting, you need to look at your router statistics and isolate traffic and bandwidth usage.

Thirdly, lag can be generated from any number of sources.  Right now while I'm typing this I can think of many reasons such as...

1. Server usage and or traffic.

2. Service interruptions from 2nd and 3rd redirect communications lines.

3. Heavy usage in your area from OTHER people.

4. In house usage from multiple devices.  (Yes your silly tablets and phones are bandwidth guzzlers even when NOT in use.)

5. Server downtime and other Live servers are making up for traffic by redirecting to other servers.

6. Too many incoming requests for servers to keep up with.

7. Firewall settings suck.  Look into how to properly set up your home network to allow bandwidth heavy items have priority.

8. Port forwarding and triggering needs to be done.  Again, see #7

There are literally a dozen more scenarios I could rattle off with little to no trouble.  Spend any amount of time doing Network Administration or Network model coding and you can see how there are literally more problems than any one person or team can account for or solve easily.  We see this with every game launch since gaming has become more connected, even stretching back to the hay day of Halo 2.  Lag is annoying yes, but no amount of crying about it or shouting at 343 Industries is going to fix it.  Lag will never go away and it will always exist.  Welcome to online gaming.

ISP- TWC

lag issues

1. in ability to requisitions item in warzones, this includes changing loadout weapons, even if i have the req level, it stops confirming the req, this is lag related as it only happens after a minor lag spike (aka i see everyone running into a wall, then i rubberband back) even if the game remains lag free after that, reqs become broken for me.

2. severe lag issues every 3 game of warzone, and nearly every game of co-op campaigne, lag issues is basically me able to run around normally, but everyone else is running in the last direction they ran in (aka straight lines is what it looks like to me) i cannot kill anyone, and i will eventually rubberband back to when the lag first start, i assume thats me desyncing from the servers.

3. disconnects seem to happen every 5 or 6 games, where i just get kicked back to the menu, and sometimes the halo 5 ap itself just completely stops working.

i got 35 mbps down, 5 mbps up internet (usually clocks in at 36 and 6 respectively) and i suffer zero jitter or package loss when pinging seattle (and my ping to seattle is 24 ms)

Twin Reaper i completely agree with you and i have checked my network setting on the router and i can find no real issue casuing the the problems that i am seeing, the lag has only really just appeared from Monday and not only is there lag but i would estimate at every 5 mins in warzone the server drops and i find myself back at the main menu. If the issue is local to me this surely should of been the case from the word go, and not a few days later...

To me this is not an issue with my upload or download speed or my home systems. my son can quite happily smash it out in arena and have no issues. yes there is a different in size of maps and more data i dont disregard this.

And it also seems like this is becoming a trend seeing other users comments.

Its not a case of shouting and crying at 343 its a case of asking for assistance and a bit of support lag is annoying true but when you crnt play the game as its intended then it needs to be looked into from all parties.

OMG I have 1,000,0000,000 Upload an 5,000,000 download why cant i haz no lag?!?!

This is what you all sound like to me.  All kidding and mocking aside, lag has very little to do with what "theoretical" speeds you all have or are falsely reported by sites that range your speeds.  Speed tests don't actively test every port nor do they count for multiple ports of packet data being sent or received in anywhere near the quantities that are coming and going through Live.

Secondly, software is not very reliable either.  To get an almost exact look at what speeds you ARE getting, you need to look at your router statistics and isolate traffic and bandwidth usage.

Thirdly, lag can be generated from any number of sources.  Right now while I'm typing this I can think of many reasons such as...

1. Server usage and or traffic.

2. Service interruptions from 2nd and 3rd redirect communications lines.

3. Heavy usage in your area from OTHER people.

4. In house usage from multiple devices.  (Yes your silly tablets and phones are bandwidth guzzlers even when NOT in use.)

5. Server downtime and other Live servers are making up for traffic by redirecting to other servers.

6. Too many incoming requests for servers to keep up with.

7. Firewall settings suck.  Look into how to properly set up your home network to allow bandwidth heavy items have priority.

8. Port forwarding and triggering needs to be done.  Again, see #7

There are literally a dozen more scenarios I could rattle off with little to no trouble.  Spend any amount of time doing Network Administration or Network model coding and you can see how there are literally more problems than any one person or team can account for or solve easily.  We see this with every game launch since gaming has become more connected, even stretching back to the hay day of Halo 2.  Lag is annoying yes, but no amount of crying about it or shouting at 343 Industries is going to fix it.  Lag will never go away and it will always exist.  Welcome to online gaming.

I know there are some people in here yelling at 343 but most of us realize that it is not their fault. If you read half these posts you would understand this is not a issue with port forwarding or having too many tablets connected to your router. The hope was that 343/ Microsoft would put pressure on TWC to resolve this issue. TWC has officially responded in a thread on their website (http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Horrible-lag-and-disconnects/td-p/85655) and said it is Microsoft's fault that their servers are too busy. This is a routing issue on TWCs end. Our game is locking up for 30-60 seconds 3 to 4 times a game (the clock stops moving). This is not a little lag spike. The game is completely unplayable. Not many people want to eat $60-$90 for a game that they will never be able to play so they will demand a refund stating the game is broken.  At this point it becomes a issue for 343 as well. Not to mention all these people are wrecking the quality of all halo 5 games for people with other ISPs turning games into 3 v 4 after they get kicked out. 

• Like 1

The entire point of my post was that there are over a thousand issues offhand that 343 needs to eliminate and look into, before moving onto other solutions. Home networks was just an example of it. On the service host/software end, there is literally millions of possible issues causing this problem. It's not as easy as waving a wand or clicking the mouse to fix them.

Want a more stable networking game experience? Learn to code, then talk about how unexceptable or troublesome these things are. Sorry they can't work as fast as you would like them too.