Why is 343 so inept?

I won't get into details..

All I want you to look at is the UI. Have you ever tried to change teams in a custom game? Press x to go to roster (that functions and populated about once a week), select yourself, then change team? Lol. Lolol. Gawd. Was this someone's senior project? Is it a prank? How about how in CE where the in-game controller diagram shows what the boxer config was meant to be and whit it should be (for h2 too btw).. But it's not that way in game? Yeah, my RB should switch grenade type. That's useful!

Have you ever tried to download a custom game type or map? Goodness, it's like going around to get to your elbow.

This is not difficult stuff. Never mind the hit detection issues and all the other stuff. That's terrible too obviously. I'm seriously just curious how they screwed up even the simplest stuff so badly. I think interns made this game and 12 year olds play tested it. Makes sense; all the suits care about is ROI so they put as little mo eat and talent into it as possible to sell consoles. It's packaged free w every XBOne now. Here we are, 9 months after launch. Very little communication. But they're leaving it behind because they either can't fix it or can't justify spending the $ on doing so...and doing right by their once dedicated fanbase for once in their short existence. Because they know the idiot fanboys will still buy h5 this year. 343/m$ has killed halo. This forum is a ghost town compared to what it should be; same for the subreddit and LFG sites.

H5, no split screen. No LAN parties? I gotta buy another XBOne and two copies of the game just to play w my gf?

Cancel your h5 preorders, kids. Only buy the game used. Do not give 343 anymore money. It hurts the industry as a whole and especially XBOne owners by encouraging this type of business practice. Look at their track record: two broken, rushed, corner cutting games released my an inept developer and a money hungry corporation.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language.

You're ranting on the wrong forum bud. We're merely a fan forum. We can't do anything about your issues.

Cancel your h5 preorders, kids. Only buy the game used. Do not give 343 anymore money. It hurts the industry as a whole and especially XBOne owners by encouraging this type of business practice. Look at their track record: two broken, rushed, corner cutting games released my an inept developer and a money hungry corporation. 

I'll spend my money however I like thank you very much.

• Like 1

You seem like the type of person who's incapable of critical thought, so I'm not surprised you'll give them more money. hunt for truth? Got the new cod preordered as well I assume?

I don't expect this post to change anything. But it needs to be said. They know. We know. Idk how people like you don't see it. I notice you couldn't disagree with much?

Just remember when h5 launches: I told you so.

Also, nice forum. Can't even edit a post on mobile. My autocorrect did some stuff and some typos in there too. I guess you got the gist though ;)

You boys enjoy the death of a great IP first hand. I'll be watching from the sidelines saying "called it."

^

Dude, everyone is entitled to their opinions. 

Just because a person likes a game you dislike does not make his or your opinion less valid. So what if someone likes Cod? So what? Cod is actually pretty fun at times I think. Is that the same for all people? Of course not I'm sure some people are extremely bored by the franchise, yet that is okay and I respect their opinion.

However its how you go about spreading your opinion is what counts.

All you have done is insult a member, spread your opinion as fact and curse a lot. Cursing does not add dramatic effect at all, its just annoying. So please cut it out.

As P34nut said "You're ranting on the wrong forum bud. We're merely a fan forum. We can't do anything about your issues" So please, don't go around insulting fans of the franchise for issues they had no involvement with. Go take it up with Frankie or Phil Spencer or something on Twitter, not here, this is the wrong place to do it.

"**** you, **** this site, and **** 343/m$. You boys enjoy the death of a great IP first hand"

Once again, Ps34nut did nothing to provoke this kind of behaviour, he merely pointed out a fact and told you he was buying the game. That's it. Then you curse at the site because you cannot edit your post on mobile and curse at the 343 fanboys, presuming you are talking about P34nut here.

Just because he is buying Halo 5 does not mean he is a fanboy at all.

Now lets all stop the curses and name cooling and have a nice discussion about the Halo franchise shall we? :)

• Like 1

Honestly, disposable income should be spent however the earner pleases. I have my doubts about H5, but I'm not going to base my entire opinion off of what one person/website says. I want to try it for myself. I didn't get a Halo tattoo for no reason, after all.

And hey, I'm one of the few that hates H2, yet I still played every major-released Halo title.

Anyway, I'd just like to end this by saying it's my money, I'mma spend it how I want to. I was afraid that video games were gonna die out with the Xbone, and it seems I might be right; but I'm not going to shove my cynical and pessimistic perspective on others.. The best we can do is wait and see.

All I want you to look at is the UI. Have you ever tried to change teams in a custom game? Press x to go to roster (that functions and populated about once a week), select yourself, then change team? Lol. Lolol. Gawd. Was this someone's senior project? Is it a prank? How about how in CE where the in-game controller diagram shows what the boxer config was meant to be and whit it should be (for h2 too btw).. But it's not that way in game? Yeah, my RB should switch grenade type. That's useful!

Creating a Universal UI to tie in 5 seperate games into one is not an easy task. Yes they very well could have had a seperate sub UI for each title to make each one feel like the original, but they chose not to. They instead attempted to bring something fresh to the table. You say you don't want to go into detail....that's a cop-oit for someone who has no experience designing or implimenting an UI. Please...tell me about language strings, widgets and unicode. Let's see how mich you can do before blathering about something you cleary do not u derstand in concept or actuality

Furthermore because the games are utilizing emulation, variant engines side by side, there had to be a universal settings and sub menu sysyem in place as well. But I'm sure you know this, since you know.....you so uber schooled in the Blam! and Sabre3D engines....

Have you ever tried to download a custom game type or map? Goodness, it's like going around to get to your elbow.

Poor analogy. Downloading a custom map os simple. The process is simple ànd it works. 99% of trouble with this is a result of idiot user error.

This is not difficult stuff. Never mind the hit detection issues and all the other stuff. That's terrible too obviously. I'm seriously just curious how they screwed up even the simplest stuff so badly. I think interns made this game and 12 year olds play tested it. Makes sense; all the suits care about is ROI so they put as little mo eat and talent into it as possible to sell consoles. It's packaged free w every XBOne now. Here we are, 9 months after launch. Very little communication. But they're leaving it behind because they either can't fix it or can't justify spending the $ on doing so...and doing right by their once dedicated fanbase for once in their short existence. Because they know the idiot fanboys will still buy h5 this year. 343/m$ has killed halo. This forum is a ghost town compared to what it should be; same for the subreddit and LFG sites.

It is obvious you lack simplistic elementary comprehension if you really thought this was the actual forum for 343 Industries.

Hit detection in all titles from CE through 3 had a slight lead depending on the type of gameplay, ex: Solo or Multiplayer. But you know that already because your a total beast MLG Pro know-it-all right? Is that the right genre to place you in? ANYONE with half a brain and even a sliver of sense knows that Halo has always had a slight leading time when firing shots. Weapons are not Hitscan, they are imitation hitscan, hence the leading.

H5, no split screen. No LAN parties? I gotta buy another XBOne and two copies of the game just to play w my gf?

Split Screen is the only bummer feature left of Halo 5, and quite frankly it isn'5 a large enough deal breaker. The amount of ACTUAL gamers who still use LAN and host parties is in the 0.5%. 343 and Microsoft are hirtoing the industry how exactly? If your gonna shoot off about things of this nature, it is usually a good idea to back them up with solid business model examples about how it is true and why. All I see is a silly little kid, screaming trying to spound grown up, important and intelligent. None of which you are doing well mind you.

• Like 3

Creating a Universal UI to tie in 5 seperate games into one is not an easy task. Yes they very well could have had a seperate sub UI for each title to make each one feel like the original, but they chose not to. They instead attempted to bring something fresh to the table. You say you don't want to go into detail....that's a cop-oit for someone who has no experience designing or implimenting an UI. Please...tell me about language strings, widgets and unicode. Let's see how mich you can do before blathering about something you cleary do not u derstand in concept or actuality

Furthermore because the games are utilizing emulation, variant engines side by side, there had to be a universal settings and sub menu sysyem in place as well. But I'm sure you know this, since you know.....you so uber schooled in the Blam! and Sabre3D engines....

Poor analogy. Downloading a custom map os simple. The process is simple ànd it works. 99% of trouble with this is a result of idiot user error.

It is obvious you lack simplistic elementary comprehension if you really thought this was the actual forum for 343 Industries.

Hit detection in all titles from CE through 3 had a slight lead depending on the type of gameplay, ex: Solo or Multiplayer. But you know that already because your a total beast MLG Pro know-it-all right? Is that the right genre to place you in? ANYONE with half a brain and even a sliver of sense knows that Halo has always had a slight leading time when firing shots. Weapons are not Hitscan, they are imitation hitscan, hence the leading.

Split Screen is the only bummer feature left of Halo 5, and quite frankly it isn'5 a large enough deal breaker. The amount of ACTUAL gamers who still use LAN and host parties is in the 0.5%. 343 and Microsoft are hirtoing the industry how exactly? If your gonna shoot off about things of this nature, it is usually a good idea to back them up with solid business model examples about how it is true and why. All I see is a silly little kid, screaming trying to spound grown up, important and intelligent. None of which you are doing well mind you.

Hey guy thanks for all the time you took replying. You don't sound pedantic at all. Like, not even one tiny bit. As far as the UI goes, please tell me you've tried to change teams in a custom game. Seriously, how could anyone who's not retarded think that was a good idea? Counterintuitive? Check. Clunky? Uh huh. Stupid? Yeahhh.

As for the hit registration, I'll spare you anecdotal evidence from someone who's used to three shotting with the pistol pretty consistently and let this talk for me: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/THE%20HITMENG/video/4761354#t=22 ...why'd they use the pc version of ce to port from? I bet it was because it was easier and took less time, therefore costing less money and improving roi.

And yeah, you're totally right. Retrieving something from someone's file share should be easy. If they're online, np right? Except, well, the roster never populates. And the leaderboards are broken. So once again I gotta select myself and then find player. That totally makes sense and isn't thrown together bs at all. Lol. I've managed to work it out but I'm stubborn ????

So let's talk about post game lobbies. Why aren't they a thing? How about joining a friend during a custom? That makes good sense too yeah? Since you're so good at making excuses for 343, I got another: why do we not have our emblems in h2c mm? It makes individual call outs impossible. It's stupid and borderline game breaking. How about Australians still not finding a match? That's not their fault even, right?

Do me a favor, please. Visit this thread, and sort by new and read op.. http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3d9ypg/still_frustrated_about_the_state_of_mcc_so_am_i/

This is a game that was released 9+ months ago. And they "give" us odst without firefight? I want a refund.

Why can't I swear here? For all you know, I typed in the stars. ;) also, I got a warning I had to acknowledge before responding to you for a vulgar profile. Are the mod tools on this site as broken as MCC?

Oh, and the h2c br was hitscan. And it is nowhere near what it was at range.

I attached a pic so you could see what a kid I am as well.

Hey did you guys watch the h2a championships last weekend and see the two hour delay that was caused by the exclusion of LAN capabilities? God that was some funny stuff. Did you also see how they had to cancel their own sponsored tournament a few months back because the game is broken? Lol. Lolol. Just desserts. There's gonna be egg on a lot of faces again when halo 5 comes out.

Thx twin for saying what I was gonna say

But in green

I don't think his nuts are big enough for both of us so you'd better get off man. I was here first.

Honestly, disposable income should be spent however the earner pleases. I have my doubts about H5, but I'm not going to base my entire opinion off of what one person/website says. I want to try it for myself. I didn't get a Halo tattoo for no reason, after all.

And hey, I'm one of the few that hates H2, yet I still played every major-released Halo title.

Anyway, I'd just like to end this by saying it's my money, I'mma spend it how I want to. I was afraid that video games were gonna die out with the Xbone, and it seems I might be right; but I'm not going to shove my cynical and pessimistic perspective on others.. The best we can do is wait and see.

I respect and appreciate your opinion and post. I apologize about being so antagonistic. But all I see anymore are apologetic, blind (imo) fanboys who chastise those of us with legitimate gripes. Here's to hoping we're both wrong. Take it easy man and hmu if you ever wanna run some ctf bg. Should have a pretty big squad tonight so may even get down on some 8v8 sidewinder.

post-91490-0-31407300-1438455818_thumb.jpg