Anyone old Halo fans remember what this is?

martynball

Weren't those the wildlife creatures that we saw in one of the early Halo CE demos?

If I'm correct you've added a lot more details to them though!

Yeah! I think it was called the Thorned Beast

cGRDi5y.jpg

One day maybe I will get Bungie/343's opinion on my Halo models aha, I have done loads :) 

This was for a Uni assignment, should take about 12 weeks to complete, but I left it till last minute and got it done in like 1 day and a half aha

You don't need to be an old fan to know what a Thorn Beast is. Just have looked through the cut content page on halopedia.

That said, based on how the Blind Wolves are now a canon creature, I'm guessing there's a good chance this thing will be soon, too.

I still wish we could've fought the Flood Juggernaut. Would have sent some kids backing up scared.

Another famous cut creature was the Drinol a.k.a Sharquoi. The Sharquoi exist, but we've just never encountered them in game because they apparently so rare... and they were cut of course.

I really wish there were more wildlife creatures in the Halo games. Reach was the only one to actually have some interaction with wildlife. Granted that H2 and H3 had those weird four-winged birds.

Dino-Bird_closeup-Full.jpg

Quadwings.

I still wish we could've fought the Flood Juggernaut. Would have sent some kids backing up scared.

Another famous cut creature was the Drinol a.k.a Sharquoi. The Sharquoi exist, but we've just never encountered them in game because they apparently so rare... and they were cut of course.

They have been confirmed canon twice; Halo 2's Conversations From The Universe booklet, and one of 343i's Canon Fodders that confirmed they still exist in the Covenant space- we haven't seen them yet. They likely exist as part of the Covenant Fringe alongside the Yonhet (Axl from Nightfall)

You're forgetting Halo 3's Guardian boss fight we were gonna have on Guardian Forest. But was then cut from the game and the map was turned into a multiplayer map.

250px-Oxmguardian.gif