You can't play reach without map packs?

PBinTheDecree

You can play Reach without the DLC. It says you don't have all the recommended downloadable content to play, but it does not force you to buy it to play. Also, why wouldn't you want to have more maps for Reach? I only had to pay for the first map pack, and got an early access code for the second for free. If you decide to buy one of the map packs, go with the second one. The Defiant Map Pack. Highlands is so far my favourite map. At least they're not doing what they did with Halo 3. In Halo 3, were some playlists that you weren't allowed to play unless you got the map packs, which was really annoying since I didn't have the money to purchase them.

It says that, yet when you actually buy the map packs, you never get to play them. The premium game mode has hardly anyone playing as it is, and I've never played a map pack map on any normal game mode. That whole $10 is not worth it, so I recommend that you don't give in.

Agreed on that one. I bought Defiant thinking, hmmm, this will be awesome, these maps look great... and since I have only heard crickets from that side of my hard drive while playing Reflection, Countdown or one of the 10,000 Forge World variants I have fully regretted my purchase. :thumbdown:

And since Jackal Ultra posted in the same time I was typing mine, I tip my hat to you, you are a much smarter man than I. It would have been much better sinking my cash into CEA. :unworthy:

Haha, I learnt the hard way when I bought all the Halo 3 map packs and then ODST came out. >.<

No doubt they are good maps, but to have to play on a single playlist with a very finite number of players at any given time kind of takes the value of them and pulverizes it into nothingness when there are other gametypes you may want to play on but simply can't since the system won't even seem to try and match you up with others who at least have one of the packs to add variety.

All im saying is it is annoying to have things pop up in your face every time you get on saying wait!!!! you don't have this or that!

I'm gonna be really honest, they can do whatever they want, its there game your playing. So complaining wont do anything about it haha, besides the packs are $15 each, not that much money

You can play Reach without the DLC. It says you don't have all the recommended downloadable content to play, but it does not force you to buy it to play. Also, why wouldn't you want to have more maps for Reach? I only had to pay for the first map pack, and got an early access code for the second for free. If you decide to buy one of the map packs, go with the second one. The Defiant Map Pack. Highlands is so far my favourite map. At least they're not doing what they did with Halo 3. In Halo 3, were some playlists that you weren't allowed to play unless you got the map packs, which was really annoying since I didn't have the money to purchase them.

Do you need mappacks to play on matchmaking? and where do you buy them? thanks

I guess with Reach, people aren't as interested in the game enough to buy maps. With H3, everyone bought maps.

could be, but remember, since halo 3 the economy has gone down the tube, allot of people just plain can't afford paying for some extra maps, and that goes for any game.

It's just another stupid addition i don't like on reach. Every ******* time you get on! Your missing recommended content! and then it flashes the whole time... just a stupid way to try and get money from people. They never would push that on you back in the day. I miss when map packs were actually good too. I don't think halo will ever be the same as it was during the trilogy. Especially halo 2 days.

It says that, yet when you actually buy the map packs, you never get to play them. The premium game mode has hardly anyone playing as it is, and I've never played a map pack map on any normal game mode. That whole $10 is not worth it, so I recommend that you don't give in.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. What's the incentive to even buying them now? I feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth at all. I know the population for this game is struggling in comparison to the older titles in their prime and they don't want to alienate any more people away but I feel like as someone who bought the maps that I'm being mistreated. Go back to the Halo 3 way of things. Only allow non dlc purchasers certain playlists to play. Reward those players who have actually continued to support the game.

I know many will not agree with my stance but that's how I feel at this point.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. What's the incentive to even buying them now? I feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth at all. I know the population for this game is struggling in comparison to the older titles in their prime and they don't want to alienate any more people away but I feel like as someone who bought the maps that I'm being mistreated. Go back to the Halo 3 way of things. Only allow non dlc purchasers certain playlists to play. Reward those players who have actually continued to support the game.

I know many will not agree with my stance but that's how I feel at this point.

I dont have the reach dlc but i actually agree with you. If they forked the money out let them play atleast often. I hear those maps NEVER show up in regular playlists, which is why I dont have them. Its retarded to say the least

hahaha you blame the economy? are you serious... more like halo reach sucks and that's why no one buys the maps...Watch halo 4 tear that game apart...

yes, when you grow up and move out of your parents house you will understand, but i doubt that'll happen.