Do you enjoy halo mcc?

I certainly don't. Halo MCC was promised to deliver ranked playlists and dedicated servers. None of wich are really in place, after countless patches and many months time.
This is insane. 343i are incompetent to say the least. I just played a few games, and all of them lagged so badly you picked up a weapon, and 10 seconds later you get it.

In fact I quit playing shortly after release, for obvious reasons, and im sad to say its still just as broken as it was back then. These patches must be filled with bad code. So big files, so little fixes.

What are your thoughts so far on Halo MCC?

My rating: 7/100
Conclusion: This game is so bad that calling it anything else than an Alpha version is just blasphemy

I have four (Soon to be 5) campaigns and Spartan Ops alongside 3 forge modes.

Multiplayer can bugger off, I've barely touched it. When I have, I was immediately put off by the fact everyone always votes for Halo 2 (Anniversary) in the BTB playlist, which is just... Terrible. Either way, what amounts to over 100 single player missions was enough to keep me interested. Now if they'd only port Reach and Wars over, then it would be perfect and I could sell my 360.

The single player actually works, yes, thats at least something. But didnt we already have the halo CE, 3, 4, reach and the ODST campaign on the 360? Yes we did.
So in reality the only new campaigns in this game is Halo 2. Worth 60 bucks? Well, actually, yea, for a halo fan at least. But for a new player? njaaa, perhaps?

The single player actually works, yes, thats at least something. But didnt we already have the halo CE, 3, 4, reach and the ODST campaign on the 360? Yes we did.

So in reality the only new campaigns in this game is Halo 2. Worth 60 bucks? Well, actually, yea, for a halo fan at least. But for a new player? njaaa, perhaps?

Of course, there's the 60fps/ 1080p deal; I went back to Reach a couple weeks ago and you can really tell the difference in frame rate after playing an Xbox One. Aside from objectively superior graphical fidelity and thus a more enjoyable experience, there's the simple issue that I don't have the space to plug in two consoles at once; and the fact I play most of my games aside from Bethesda RPG's on XB1, I would rather not have to deal with an objectively worse experience if I don't need to.

After all, I couldn't care less about Halo's multiplayer; as someone who reads every book, comic, Waypoint article and interview related to Halo's story, you probably see where my allegiance lies; I'm not a multiplayer fan.

As for the latter point, Halo 5: Guardians will have very deep ties within Halo's lore and expanded universe; for people new to the series, the MCC is the perfect choice for people who ultinately would otherwise enter Halo 5 with no idea who Jul 'Mdama, Thel 'Vadam, John-117, GSgt Edward Buck, Romeo, Ur-Didact, Librarian, Cortana and many other events and characters were and have a worse experience as they wouldn't understand what was going on. In fact, I'd say the master chief collection is more important to a new player, story wise, than an older fan.

Edited by BaconShelf

Honestly, my only issue with multiplayer is that everyone votes for Halo 2, almost without fail. I rarely play any other games on that sodding disc just 'cause everyone, for some ungodly reason, loves Halo 2 so hard that I've lost any tolerance I've had for it.

Aside from that, I haven't really felt the need to play it; the multiplayer gets waaaayy too dry (for the reason listed above) and the Campaigns are.. well, I've already beaten them all, what's the point of doing it again? I love Halo, but I don't really care for boosting my statistics for the campaign nonsense 'cause all anyone cares about is Halo 2. I haven't had too many issues with the Multiplayer (sure, there's lag here and there, but there's lag in every video game), but then again, I've only really played after the patches that were trying to fix the mess.

So, altogether, I find it humorous when I find posts like these and tend to share my blasphemous opinion (Halo 2 is overrated) for kicks and giggles. I mean, these games weren't meant to be on the same disc; it FIGURES that there's issues with it. Maybe I just have better patience than most.

Yes I do enjoy MCC. I love it. I haven't had too many connection issues since I got the game before the latest large patch that dealt with the connection issues. I find matches quick, can now connect to friends easier after the patch, and although I do get laggy games there are more for me that do not have too much lag. 

The biggest problem is that not everyone can have that experience that I am having with it due to some unnamed or unknown issues with the multiple servers. I mean the MCC is kind of a big deal bringing the old generation games and the games from a generation before THAT to the latest gen with updates graphics and framerate and then giving each game their own servers. That's a huge deal if you ask me. BUT 343 should've tested it more that's for sure. The surprise was great and cool but what we want is a game, not a cool idea. 

My biggest problem with the game is that I am a very competetive player, I like to compete and win, and then boast a little bit to rub it in, just for fun ofc. I also say "good game"  and well played most of the time, especially if the opponent is respectable or skilled. In halo MCC this is not a possibility. Because nobody talks to eachother anymore, thanks to Xbones poor chat system, and the game is not coded to have 15 seconds before and after the game, where everyone can talk. It just made the games more personal, and frankly, more rewarding and engaging. Thats a small detail that actually matters.

But I have not mentioned the lack of a real, functioning ranking system (they said they were gonna implement this!), or the lack of  a progressive reward system. Like getting credits or XP so you can buy new pieces of armor or skins for your weapons etc. You would not get credits/XP if you quit the game. Also, quitters should be banned from searching, starting with 5 minutes, then 15 minutes, then 2 hours, 5 hours, 10hrs, 24hrs, one week, one month. So if you quit 3 times during a 24hour period, you first get 5 minute ban, then 15min and then 2hrs. After 24hrs after your last ban, it gets reset. This is a minimum requirement to keep players in game.
Halo matches are really quick, the longest lasting about 15minutes at most. It shouldnt be too hard to stay in the game. In counter-Strike, you get banned for a whole 24 hours if you leave just one match. And CS matches last from 30 - 60 minutes, and can even last longer on overtime.

The biggest game breaker though, is in fact the very bad servers/connection in the game. Half of my games are complete lag fests where you simply cant really play good. Too much random factors, due to lag.

The campaigns are good tho, yes, but Halo also is a multiplayer game, and that aspect of it was what made it huge.. so its sad to see it in this state.. 
All the next Halos after this, will be less popular. The final straw was MCC for the old fan base (wich is huge). The only players interested in Halo 5 are old fans who play campagin (like you guys) and new players/kids who want a simple, new shooter when they get tired of CoD.

I think servers are the biggest issue too. I remember ranking in Halo 3 being very important to me but if they were to implement a ranking system, that would be one thing. However being able to find matches with players specifically and solely in your skill range is different. I believe the reason they haven't brought in a proper ranking system is because the main focus is to get everyone a match as soon as possible so they can play the game and they've created the Hardcore playlist for players who used to do Hardcore in Halo 2 and MLG in Halo 3. I don't think they're going to give us an experience-based ranking system like they did in Reach because there really is no customization in the MCC (which is sad).

Not even close to enjoying it. I bought it for the anniversary remake (which I will say was fantastic) and for Halo 2-3 Matchmaking.
Boy was I sorely disappointed by the matchmaking, and still am.
The anniversary treatment I'd say gets a 9/10, it could still have work done on it. But Matchmaking gets a 1/10, and I'm being EXTREMELY kind about giving that point. Cause it still doesn't work.

I enjoy it.

Getting a group a friends together and playing all Halo games all evening is as enjoyable as ever. This is ofcourse after the patches because this sure wasn't the case at launch.

I do got to admit that it gets stale after a while since there's really nothing to strife for except for having fun.

I do feel bad for regions other than US and EU, because what I'm hearing from all other regions aint pretty :S

Do I enjoy Halo MCC? I certainly do, campaign is amazing. Multiplayer is great. I, however, prefer to play with friends and others than on my own. Halo is a team oriented game, that's the way I like to play. Other games are too, but I like to do so in Halo as well. Everything is just, good. However, people need to vote in variety. Don't keep playing H2A, that just makes the game horrible. H2A isn't even that good for multiplayer.

However, campaign was amazing. 9/10

Honestly I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Replaying through all of the campaigns again (especially Halo 2) was looooaadss of fun. And with friends it gets even better. I remember when Halo 3 first came out I would play custom games for hours and hours with friends and It was very enjoyable. The fact that you rate it 7/100 just because the multiplayer didn't work makes no sense when all of the campaigns were working just fine. And 343 realized their mistake and anyone who bought it within the first month or something like that gets a remastered version of ODST for free. Anyways there's my thoughts.